Author Topic: Rozier over Smart  (Read 12792 times)

Re: Rozier over Smart
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Preseason ratings.  Rozier  Off. Rat.  94.7, Def. Rat. 100.2,  Net Rat. -5.6
                            Smart  Off. Rat. 102.5, Def. Rat.  89.3,  Net Rat. +13.2

What's your source? Also that's based on team performance not individual...

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I hope not. Smart is a bowling ball on defense.  Rozier doesn't create that kind of havoc.

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I hope not. Smart is a bowling ball on defense.  Rozier doesn't create that kind of havoc.

FTFY. He's chubby
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think having them both is fine anyways.  It's basically Rozier, Smart, Green, Brown, KO who we have to get time.

Rozier is fast and will get in passing lanes and also a really good man defender but Smart creates so much havoc.  Bradley is starting to do that more. Crowder does in ways but more swallows guys up.

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 05:43:42 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The way I see it is Rozier and Smart are kind of the core of our bench.  After that it's guys like Jackson.  jerebko is here to spell green and brown. Zeller is an added big.  Plus Mickey and Young.  These guys are more 3rd team and don't need to play a lot this year barring rest and injuries.  Smart could be a 6th man with all he can do.  Might be tough with all our depth but he's important this year.  I think ideally that's what I want.

Smart to me can be the leader of the second unit over Rozier. Brown is a rookie.  Rozier is just coming on.  Green is 30 but new.  And KO isn't a leader.  Maybe all that time off has changed him but who knows.

Rozier is Isaiah's backup and backup pg.  Brown is the young stud off the bench.   Smart is a 6th man with this team.  KO is a backup big man stretch 4/5.  Green is a shooter.  Jerebko is versatile.  Mickey, Young, Zeller and Jackson just give us more depth for other reasons.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:58:03 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Offensive fouls drawn the last 2 years.  (Smart played 1489 fewer minutes than Bradley over the last 2 years)

Smart   100
Bradley   23
Rozier had 0 last year in 311 minutes

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I agree, but people have been making fun of the people who like Rozier on this board. Some have said it is unbelievable to judge a player by preseason and summer league. I am happy with both so far in terms of their progress this year. I'm hoping Smart makes the jump this year, but I imagine if he doesn't people will say Smart's ankle was busted.

Some people have been making fun of Rozier because they HATED the pick last year. They wanted Portis. They wanted RHJ. They wanted Hunter. Many of those who criticize Danny's drafting at every turn pointed to Rozier as Prime Example #2 (James Young is Prime Example #1) of Danny's feeble drafting skills. Except now Rozier looks like he might be a fairly valuable contributor for a playoff team - something that's actually pretty good for a 2nd year, 22 year old kid who was drafted 16th. 

So of course some of that same group is going to downplay his progress.

I still think Smart will be the better pro but it should be a [dang] nice problem to have with both of those guys coming off the bench and creating havoc for the opposition.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 06:55:15 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
it's like people forget how good smart is and are always looking to unload him for a bag of chips or something.

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 06:58:14 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Smart and Rozier will be the new Sam and KC Jones. One ain't gonna get traded to make room for another.

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
it's like people forget how good smart is and are always looking to unload him for a bag of chips or something.

He is not that good that is why.

But he is a team player, with some offensive skills that are not fine tuned.

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This thread is some real nonsense.  Watch how the season plays out and talk to me when Rozier does anything as well as Smart plays defense.  This is one of the best defensive players in the entire league we are talking about.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:13:27 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
This thread is some real nonsense.  Watch how the season plays out and talk to me when Rozier does anything as well as Smart plays defense.  This is one of the best defensive players in the entire league we are talking about.

to be fair, this is also one of the worst offensive players in the entire league we are talking about (in smart)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 08:44:22 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

to be fair, this is also one of the worst offensive players in the entire league we are talking about (in smart)

One of the worst shooters. If you look at the advanced metrics, Smart doesn't hurt the team offensively. In the pre-season, his offense looked improved. Just not his 3-pointer.

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Good point. Two interesting things about this game. Look how great the offense looks with no Smart but also look how poor the defense did. I'm not sure but I think I'd take some bad offense to slow the Nets down some.