Author Topic: Knicks are horrible. What was PJ thinking?  (Read 927 times)

Knicks are horrible. What was PJ thinking?
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Knicks stink. All has been team in full effect

Rose says he is still the best pg on the league. What is he on?

Joahkim Noah is done.

Knicks should consider firing Mr. Invincible Phil Jackson. Getting paid ridiculous amount of money for nothing

They need to build around Porzingis and start fresh

Re: Knicks are horrible. What was PJ thinking?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
I've been surprised, but Hernangomez, Kuzminskas, and Baker are all rotation players IMO. As terrible as the Noah signing will turn out to be, Jackson deserves some credit for this. 

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The worst part about the Knicks is that Porzingis might not have an all that great of a second year. Not because he doesn't have the skills to take the next leap (He's easily one of the league's better prospects), but because he's playing alongside Rose. A ball-dominant guard who is over the hill and doesn't make his team better.

I firmly believe Noah was the worst signing of the off-season. Not because he was overpaid or because he looked done, but because he was the last guy the Knicks needed. Melo and Porzingis are NIGHTMARE match-ups at the 4 & 5, but the Knicks for some odd reason think they should be at the 3 & 4. If they had just looked for another wing player (like Nic Batum or even Jeff Green), I'd believe in their strength, but they opted for Noah, which they are absolutely going to regret when they realize how badly he gets in the way.

It's funny because I believed the Knicks' best additions were going to end up being Courtney Lee and Brandon Jennings, but even those guys looked putrid last night.

You're absolutely right in that they should start from scratch and build around Porzingis, but since Carmelo has Knicks management by the balls with his no-trade clause, that probably isn't going to happen. What will separate Carmelo from the rest of the all-time greats is that he was never willing to make the sacrifices as a player to help his team win.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The worst part about the Knicks is that Porzingis might not have an all that great of a second year. Not because he doesn't have the skills to take the next leap (He's easily one of the league's better prospects), but because he's playing alongside Rose. A ball-dominant guard who is over the hill and doesn't make his team better.

I firmly believe Noah was the worst signing of the off-season. Not because he was overpaid or because he looked done, but because he was the last guy the Knicks needed. Melo and Porzingis are NIGHTMARE match-ups at the 4 & 5, but the Knicks for some odd reason think they should be at the 3 & 4. If they had just looked for another wing player (like Nic Batum or even Jeff Green), I'd believe in their strength, but they opted for Noah, which they are absolutely going to regret when they realize how badly he gets in the way.

It's funny because I believed the Knicks' best additions were going to end up being Courtney Lee and Brandon Jennings, but even those guys looked putrid last night.

You're absolutely right in that they should start from scratch and build around Porzingis, but since Carmelo has Knicks management by the balls with his no-trade clause, that probably isn't going to happen. What will separate Carmelo from the rest of the all-time greats is that he was never willing to make the sacrifices as a player to help his team win.

Good points

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Noah was -1 in 20 minutes last night.  No other Knick that played at least 10 minutes was better than -10
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:44:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Too soon to say this. In paper they could be a good team.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

Im not wiling to draw too many conclusions from last night, but I agree with almost all of these points. Luckily (or hopefully for them) Rose is a one year rental. The Noah contract is going to look worse and worse each of the next four years...

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I agree, and the double-whammy is that even if Rose disappoints and loses his starting job, it'll be to Jennings, who has similar issues. 

It was not a great sign watching Porzingis mostly hucking 3s and rarely getting the ball in good position anywhere near the paint. The 3 is definitely a good facet of his overall game, but they need to emphasize using him more effectively overall if his potential's going to be realized.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The most surprising thing to me at this super-early point in the season: Learning this morning that there are, apparently, quite a few people who think this Knicks team is actually going to be good. I couldn't believe the shock from some corners this morning that (gasp!) the champion Cavs spanked the Knicks.

People really expect that a broken-down Noah + a fragile Rose + Black-hole Anthony + almost no bench = a really good team? Their fifth starter is Courtney Lee. Courtney "career journeyman" Lee.

Kristaps is the only true bright spot on that team. And our old pal Phil needs to recognize that the only reason the Triangle offense ever worked was because he had two of the greatest running the show.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I agree they looked pretty bad last night against the defending champs, but can we remember this is only one game. 

I think someone on TNT last night was saying that the NYK might be the worst team in new york.  I don't think that is the case, the nets are bad.  I am no Knicks fan, but let's wait until we get 10-12 games into the season to see how they come together. 

I think between Porzingis, Noah, Rose, Lee, and Jennings they will be able to put some schemes together with Melo that will win some games.  Just not against the C's.