Would Durant on the Celtics be a better team than the Warrior's with Durant

Yes. More balanced, deeper bench.
12 (50%)
No.
7 (29.2%)
It's hard to say.
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Poll: Would Thomas, Horford, Durant be better than the Warrior's  (Read 1405 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm going out a limb and saying for some reason the Warrior's do not win a ring this year. Maybe Durant is cursed, maybe the pieces don't fit right.

Charles Barkley was wrong one time on his point that you can't win a title primarily shooting jumpshots. The Warrior's proved him wrong, but they did face teams with their stars hurt.

The Warrior's don't have the grit, tougness, or depth to win it all even with Durant.

The Celtics were the perfect fit for KD. He would have been the undisputed #1 option and the focal point of the offense, with Thomas a perfect #2 option, Horford #3 and Bradley #4.

More importantly the C's have numerous players that do the dirty work, dive for loose balls, and play great defense.

Horford
 Olynyk
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

That pushes Crowder to the bench and also he can sub for Olynyk in small ball lineups.

Bench: Crowder, Smart, Rozier, Green, Mickey

Just a perfect mix of offense and defense and a more complete team that know their roles Imo.

Re: Poll: Would Thomas, Horford, Durant be better than the Warrior's
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No. Allegedly lacking grit or not, Steph is still a superstar. We're missing that element.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:15:22 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Maybe a better regular season team because of depth (and I do emphasize maybe), but certainly not a better team in the playoffs when rotations shrink.  Taking Durant out of the equation, Curry is still by the far the best player on either team.  Thompson and Green both might very well be 2nd and 3rd best players.  You just can't overcome that sort of top end talent.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 08:22:32 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Maybe a better regular season team because of depth (and I do emphasize maybe), but certainly not a better team in the playoffs when rotations shrink.  Taking Durant out of the equation, Curry is still by the far the best player on either team.  Thompson and Green both might very well be 2nd and 3rd best players.  You just can't overcome that sort of top end talent.
Exactly. When things tighten up during the playoffs is when we will see Durant's impact.

There was however one thing to take away from this game. The Spurs at times made some easy shots in the paint over smaller players. I knew this could be a problem but I figured the Warriors would counter balance that by blitzing teams on offense. It's the first game so I'm not going to make any predictions but just from an eye test the Warriors could be had from talented teams with length.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:55:24 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I voted yes. That theoretical Celtics team would be more balanced with more obvious roles for everyone and would be a much better defensive team. I think if Durant had come to Boston, they'd be easy favorites to win it all.

And Crowder would be in my starting lineup. ;)
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Man, talk about seeing the world through green glasses.  Some of you people are flat out crazy.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
All the hype about the Warriors, and the Spurs take them apart in the first game.
Likewise the Knicks.
LOL

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it's just one game and it's already the end of the world for some Warriors fan and of course our green goggles are talking as well

GSW is still the better team imo as he is surrounded by MVP/Superstars/all-stars

Curry/Thompson and Green are better trios to be surrounded with than any of ours. The issue I see with that team as stacked as it looks great on paper is their bench and of course how many touches the 4 stars can get. Thompson has said he isn't changing anything in his game to accommodate Durant, so if everything works out, sure it's all great and all, but what if things started falling apart, the blame game starts

On the Celtics he is playing with inferior players (not a knock on our team btw!) compared to GSW but he is playing with a bunch of bulldogs, and players who are VERY unselfish. It will be HIS team instantly and he does not have to worry about touches or being the man, Horford will happily defer and share the ball. He has more opportunity to do more.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

there you go selling Kawahi Leonard short

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

He's talking about the Celtics and Warriors, not the Spurs
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 10:45:28 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Looking at the depth that the Warriors have had to ship out to fit in Durant v. we would have had to renounce much weaker players to get him in, I reckon we would had a slightly better team.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:49:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

He's talking about the Celtics and Warriors, not the Spurs

oops