Author Topic: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread  (Read 26884 times)

2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Discuss the Dubs here this season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why?

Do we really need to be reminded we got scorned by Durant by handing his team its own thread?

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Not saying that this team is the by far the most likely to get to the finals.

But some posters here have been acting like they are the dream team out there.....hmm.....

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:29 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Its going to take some time for the starting 5 to get comfortable playing each other and for Kerr to figure out the best combinations to support them with the rest of the rotation.  Get 'em now while they're beatable.  Eventually they're going to figure it all out.  Kerr is too good of a coach.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 11:55:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm hoping that Dray grows into a full locker room cancer.  He's grown into maybe my least favorite player in the NBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 12:03:01 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm hoping that Dray grows into a full locker room cancer.  He's grown into maybe my least favorite player in the NBA.

Their play in the WCF and NBA Finals ultimately turned me off on the Warriors. It was just terrible basketball to watch. Careless with the ball, horrible shot selection, and a nonchalant attitude that almost felt like they were entitled to win the whole thing due to their record-breaking season.

The whole KD thing and Green's increasingly spastic behavior have only been the cherries on top for my dislike of the Warriors.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Who is this Simmons kid on the Spurs??

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 12:06:06 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Remember when old Snakehead was saying the Warriors bench would suck and they would suck inside?

Zaza looks terrible.  Varejao hasn't even played yet.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 12:08:25 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Roy and mods. I'm just one poster but this doesn't make any sense to me. We have had greatest NBA long season threads each year for several years (even those Peter out on slow
Nights of the season). Why split the traffic among an official Celtics thread, an official cavs thread, an official warriors threads. This really doesn't make any sense and makes it harder to discuss the NBA in my opinion.

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 12:08:41 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Remember when old Snakehead was saying the Warriors bench would suck and they would suck inside?

Yeah, I actually thought that was one of the best signings of the summer based on how he played in Dallas last year, but he's been atrocious so far in the preseason and tonight. Looks like he really fell off a cliff. Just doesn't have the physicality or mobility to do his thing anymore.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 12:11:48 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
It is funny...Last season I rooted for the Warriors and enjoyed watching them.

Now I dislike them immensely and and really enjoying how this game has so far transpired, and hope they lose a lot of games this year.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 12:14:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Roy and mods. I'm just one poster but this doesn't make any sense to me. We have had greatest NBA long season threads each year for several years (even those Peter out on slow
Nights of the season). Why split the traffic among an official Celtics thread, an official cavs thread, an official warriors threads. This really doesn't make any sense and makes it harder to discuss the NBA in my opinion.

We have a full forum to discuss the NBA. There's plenty of content to generate more than one thread.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 12:15:45 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
It is funny...Last season I rooted for the Warriors and enjoyed watching them.

Now I dislike them immensely and and really enjoying how this game has so far transpired, and hope they lose a lot of games this year.

TP because I feel the same way.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 12:16:58 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Yeah, I actually thought that was one of the best signings of the summer based on how he played in Dallas last year, but he's been atrocious so far in the preseason and tonight. Looks like he really fell off a cliff. Just doesn't have the physicality or mobility to do his thing anymore.

Thought it was questionable, but I saw others were not.  Long season, but yeah he looks awful.  The real thing is: who else is behind him even?  Again, guys like Varejao, McAdoo, McGee.... I am not buying it.  It's an issue.  Yeah they have tons of other talent, but this is a team that got beat up inside by Cleveland and they got worse.  In the Playoffs the games go inside.  Shooting and scoring is great but at some point it becomes a bit redundant.  Having such huge flaws... I just think this could go sideways.  I still think they win a lot of regular season games but this team is vulnerable.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Have to say I'm enjoying this spanking that the Dubs are getting