Author Topic: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread  (Read 26923 times)

Re: 2016-17 Golden State Warriors Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
For me, Curry has been annoying in his antics (yeah he's great but he goes too far).  I also get annoyed when some players get a pass for lacking defense.  To me, he has never been better than LeBron, and that's not something I am just saying now, I said it for the last few years.

Green has always been immensely hateable and a jerk.  Feels like word just got out over the course of the Playoffs last year about him.  Add in Durant piling on... it's pretty easy. 

I think Klay is very likable though.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
rebounding might be a theme for this team...

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 12:26:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It is funny...Last season I rooted for the Warriors and enjoyed watching them.

Now I dislike them immensely and and really enjoying how this game has so far transpired, and hope they lose a lot of games this year.

TP because I feel the same way.

I didn't like them last year, either. I liked some of the individual players, but the arrogance and dirty play bothered me.  I hate chirpy, chippy teams unless they wear green.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 12:30:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Now I dislike them immensely and and really enjoying how this game has so far transpired, and hope they lose a lot of games this year.

I didn't like them last year, either. I liked some of the individual players, but the arrogance and dirty play bothered me.  I hate chirpy, chippy teams unless they wear green.
i was ok with them last season.  I was all-in on supporting lebron tho.  And this year, I'd LOVE to see the warriors be a catastrophic failure.  I think Durant's decision was the most anti-competitive spineless thing I've ever seen.   Unfortunately, they actually look like they will mesh really well this season.  Yeah I get they just got dominated, but curry, green and Durant all shot efficiently.  Klay had a bad game, but he had plenty of shot oppprtunities and I didn't see anything that suggested these guys will clash playing together.   That team, unfortunately, is still probably going to cut through this league like a chainsaw through melted butter.

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
a bigger takeaway might be that having two star 7 footers next to each other might still have the capacity to work in the modern NBA.  Someone tell Philly told hold off moving okafor until they get a chance to see him next to Embiid.

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 12:38:09 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It will be interesting to see how Klay's season unfolds. He is the 3rd scoring option and Green does a lot of facilitating, so that kinda leaves him as the 4th wheel on offense.

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 12:38:40 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

i was ok with them last season.  I was all-in on supporting lebron tho.  And this year, I'd LOVE to see the warriors be a catastrophic failure.  I think Durant's decision was the most anti-competitive spineless thing I've ever seen.   Unfortunately, they actually look like they will mesh really well this season.  Yeah I get they just got dominated, but curry, green and Durant all shot efficiently.  Klay had a bad game, but he had plenty of shot oppprtunities and I didn't see anything that suggested these guys will clash playing together.   That team, unfortunately, is still probably going to cut through this league like a chainsaw through melted butter.

They didn't just lose.

They got dominated. San Antonio made them their 'word I can't say here'.

Yeah, they will be good. But they are not half as good as you are trying to make them.

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 12:39:19 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
a bigger takeaway might be that having two star 7 footers next to each other might still have the capacity to work in the modern NBA.  Someone tell Philly told hold off moving okafor until they get a chance to see him next to Embiid.

Both Aldridge and Gasol space the floor, though.. Different scenario.

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 12:40:08 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
It will be interesting to see how Klay's season unfolds. He is the 3rd scoring option and Green does a lot of facilitating, so that kinda leaves him as the 4th wheel on offense.

Still think he's the most likely to go, and I still hold that a Klay for Bradley trade makes a ton of sense.

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 12:40:10 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Except Gasol only played 18 minutes and the Spurs demolished them with Aldridge as the lone big.  Gasol is -13 right now.

Instead, the takeaway is that, as he said, they can't rebound.

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 12:40:10 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Is the point that Aldridge and Paul gasol are dominat interior players.

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 12:41:17 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Except Gasol only played 18 minutes and the Spurs demolished them with Aldridge as the lone big.

Crazy gasol played 18. He may have meant the Spurs miss bonner

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 12:42:56 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Seriously? How is this sort of thing allowed?

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 12:44:05 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Except Gasol only played 18 minutes and the Spurs demolished them with Aldridge as the lone big.

Crazy gasol played 18. He may have meant the Spurs miss bonner

I think it's the style of the game doesn't fit him.  I expect it to be a good fit against other teams.  But if you think the Warriors are having this issue because of Gasol and LA together you haven't watched the game.  Like I edited in as well, Gasol is -13 in this game.

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 12:50:31 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
One thing that was overlooked is that the Warriors played 37 minutes a game last year with either Bogut or Ezeli on the floor, and they would actual run a good bit of offense through Bogut.

Mike