Author Topic: Aldridge to Celtics trade idea  (Read 3755 times)

Aldridge to Celtics trade idea
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Spurs: Amir Johnson, Jerebko, Crowder, IT, 2017 nets 1st, 2018 nets 1st

To Celtics: Aldridge, Bertans, Simmons, Jean Charles

Spurs lineup after trade

Gasol
Johnson
Crowder
Leonard
IT

Dedmon
Jerebko
Green
Ginobelli
Parker

Celtics lineup

Horford
Aldridge
Brown
AB
Rozier

KO
Mickey
Young
Green
Smart

Reason spurs do the trade: Remain competitive for the 2016 season but also have a chance to rebuild for the future with the nets picks. I believe in the rumors Aldridge is not a great with the Spurs

Reason Celts do the trade: Twin Towers part 2. Legit threat to the Cavs, GSW . Topnotch in all positions except pf/c (minus undersized pfs Green, Thompson)... Celtics would have a big adv in this area. In addition Danny has to start making some tough choices as many players are bound to become FAs..You cant resign IT, AB, Smart to 20 million a year deal each...

Yay or nay?

Re: Aldridge to Celtics trade idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I'd rather see Wyc sell the team to Carrot Top!
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's an awful trade for the Celtics.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
This is hands down one of the worst trades I have ever seen. We give up our future just to lose to the cavs in 6. I joined this thread thinking "well maybe the nets 18 gets offered" but both nets picks? And crowder and IT? My goodness.

Yea lets simultaneously give up two of our 3 best players along with our best hypothetical assets. This one takes the cake.

Not even to mention that LA not being able to work in the holy grail of team based offenses is a decent red flag.

Edit: I just got that this is sarcasm. My bad tri.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
No way
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics are giving up way to much. 

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But its Aldridge one of the best bigs in the league  (signed for the next several seasons on a pretty good contract)

No guarantee the nets will stink moving fwd... they look stronger with the addition of Lin etc.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I still think a package like Johnson, Smart, Olynyk plus 2 first round picks.  (only one Nets pick)

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

But its Aldridge one of the best bigs in the league  (signed for the next several seasons on a pretty good contract)

No guarantee the nets will stink moving fwd... they look stronger with the addition of Lin etc.

You just destroyed a good chunk of the roster along with future assets just to plateau in the east for the next few years.  Not to mention you're starting a rookie at SF and a rather inexperienced Rozier at PG.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

But removed the best vet players on the team to play with him and remove the best ways to add vets around him. 

And it is still to much for him. 

Two high lotto picks, an all-star on a cheap contract, a high level player on a cheap contract and 17 million in expiring contracts of two useful players.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is hands down one of the worst trades I have ever seen. We give up our future just to lose to the cavs in 6. I joined this thread thinking "well maybe the nets 18 gets offered" but both nets picks? And crowder and IT? My goodness.

Yea lets simultaneously give up two of our 3 best players along with our best hypothetical assets. This one takes the cake.

Not even to mention that LA not being able to work in the holy grail of team based offenses is a decent red flag.

Edit: I just got that this is sarcasm. My bad tri.

While Crowder and IT are 2 of our best players , it doesnt mean they are top 5 at their positions in the NBA

Meanwhile LA is easily a top 3 pf/c in the league

And I like the potential of Brown and Rozier to be able to replace alot of the things Crowder and IT are able to do

Horford + LA = twin towers ... and basically at all times you could have one of these guys on the court... that would be amazing

I disagree... this lineup has a better chance than the lineup today  to end the cavs run

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It's a win now move that for some reason gives up 2 of our best players and leaves us with 2 starters that have played a combined total of 410 minutes in real NBA games (a big chunk of which were garbage time).   There's no explanation except wanting to see the Spurs have a post-Duncan resurgence (which is a very noble and understandable cause) or this being a (bad) joke
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But removed the best vet players on the team to play with him and remove the best ways to add vets around him. 

And it is still to much for him. 

Two high lotto picks, an all-star on a cheap contract, a high level player on a cheap contract and 17 million in expiring contracts of two useful players.

He will be asking for the brink trucks after this season...
Crowder is an overachiever... not a Lebron, Durant , George beater...  he cant contain these players when they decide to play for real..

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It's a win now move that for some reason gives up 2 of our best players and leaves us with 2 starters that have played a combined total of 410 minutes in real NBA games (a big chunk of which were garbage time).   There's no explanation except wanting to see the Spurs have a post-Duncan resurgence (which is a very noble and understandable cause) or this being a (bad) joke

Its a long term project actually

Sign Smart, Bradley to extensions... we wont have to worry about FA/trades for years.... still have lots of picks to work with to add good players/int talent..

There is no guarantee the 17-18 nets picks will be even in the top 10 range...

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Its a long term project actually

Sign Smart, Bradley to extensions... we wont have to worry about FA/trades for years.... still have lots of picks to work with to add good players/int talent..
There is no guarantee the 17-18 nets picks will be even in the top 10 range...

Define "good picks" after your trade.