Author Topic: Aldridge to Celtics trade idea  (Read 3757 times)

Re: Aldridge to Celtics trade idea
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also wouls like to hear a concrete plan as to how the Celts can resign AB, IT, Smart after this season

You cant pay each 20 million per year plus...

it's the summer of 2018. but i agree with you here. it'll be interesting to see what Danny decides to do with these 3.

Fair enough... but you can get more value back now then trading them at crunch time

I wonder also... but we all know how much he likes AB.
Smart is young and well liked by all

IT is an all star and go to scorer at the moment but unless he takes his game to another level , he is 3rd on the list

Same with Brown vs Crowder...

IT and Crowder are good players , but we need extra to get anywhere in the playoffs... we all saw how hard it is to grab a marquee FA . The only other option is to trade.

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I mean would you guys rather see smart, rozier, brown get traded instead of crowder and IT for a marquee big like LMA?

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 02:12:06 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Also wouls like to hear a concrete plan as to how the Celts can resign AB, IT, Smart after this season

it's the summer of 2018. but i agree with you here. it'll be interesting to see what Danny decides to do with these 3.

Fair enough... but you can get more value back now then trading them at crunch time

IT is an all star and go to scorer at the moment but unless he takes his game to another level , he is 3rd on the list

IT and Crowder are good players , but we need extra to get anywhere in the playoffs... we all saw how hard it is to grab a marquee FA . The only other option is to trade.

There is one other option.  The draft.

That's why so many folks in this thread are balking at giving up both remaining BKL picks along with two starters for a 30 year old power forward who can't switch on defense. 

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

That's the problem with the trade.   The Celtics are not getting the value back.