Author Topic: congrats james young  (Read 767 times)

congrats james young
« on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:48 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
for all my criticism it came down to youth,build and having a natural shot that is a thing of beauty
he put in the effort in gym and didn't cave in to pressure
that entitled kid has just won his spot
his first step in being a celtic

Re: congrats james young
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:16:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
who knows what a entitled 18 year old is thinking,he doesn't even know-give him millions and the crowd at the garden going wild including tommy and a new city looking for a star
james was lost with the speed,pace and physicality of nba players-the screens were unmovable and hurt,rebounding and getting to the hoop a nightmare-hey i'm a rookie,hey i was a 1st round pick,hey i'm only 18,hey i'm a shooter,i got the stroke
never once was he a basketball player

james is 21 finally and has started filling out and able to push back,maybe able to get over a screen or hold off someone defensively not just get brushed aside
maybe young couldn't do those things people expected because of his young body and mentally young knew it
maybe he got comfortable in that, i am young and a project ,i can't do that yet
first season for red claws he torched the place but was still weak and it showed in his defense and getting to hoop -at least to me
i would have kept young also because of age and frame
he won his position and now might be able to do whats necessary to be a basketball player

james may start to progress rapidly due to his weight and strength gain,he might do the little thing that we take for granted in older nba players-jaylen used the phrase" man strong"
so for now i'll root for james but he better play defense  or times up
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:43:08 AM by rollie mass »

Re: congrats james young
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:33:38 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
It feels good to admit one was wrong. I was too and thought RJ had it. I think RJ lost the job more than James Young won it.

I don't think James Young will amount to an NBA player. I just don't see it happening. He has too many holes in his team game.

I don't think he will get any minutes either unless the team is decimated. Brown, Green, Marcus and Rozier make him unnecessary. He isn't even at a level of a Zeller for his position to deserve anything.

If you had to use James Young, one might be better off giving a free agent a ten day contract.

I think Young stayed because he had seniority over Hunter.

RJ needed to show improvement in his shooting and body. He didn't need to bulk up like Smart, but he was too much of toothpick.

RJ can play in this league if he practices his shooting and develops his body.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I think this was old-school charity from Danny to James Young.