Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 348946 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #1950 on: March 26, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Houston sure can make a lot of threes.

Ariza, Gordon, and Williams have 17 combined made threes alone.

They also went 30-40 from 2 as a team.

« Reply #1951 on: March 27, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Irving and other divas don't want to expend energy play n defense ......they think or HOPE they can just out score or out shoot everybody .    They probably can ' t play to just out shoot teams like Warriors , Rockets , Washington , or Celtics .......

They are going to have to actually play full out defense.

If there is a fan base out there that shouldn't be criticizing the defense of another teams point guard it's the Celtics...
ITs effort level isnt that bad.

I'll take things Celtics fans say for 800!

« Reply #1952 on: March 27, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Irving and other divas don't want to expend energy play n defense ......they think or HOPE they can just out score or out shoot everybody .    They probably can ' t play to just out shoot teams like Warriors , Rockets , Washington , or Celtics .......

If there is a fan base out there that shouldn't be criticizing the defense of another teams point guard it's the Celtics...

Not your best work....

« Reply #1953 on: March 27, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

Not your best work....

I mean who even cares if he "tries hard" on defense?

He's a brutal defender, and he's going to get abused in a 7 game series.

« Reply #1954 on: March 27, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Not your best work....

Well, hey, maybe in a decade you guys can beasily in the playoffs, or maybe even halfway relevant!

Lol sixers fans....get at us when you have a real team.

Biggest joke of a franchise in the league outside of the Kings.

But hey, keep up the being a terrible franchise stuff...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:14:36 PM by wayupnorth »

« Reply #1955 on: March 27, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Isiah Thomas just said on the "Players Only" broadcast that if Boston gets the number one seed we should run the end-of-the-season awards. And funnily enough, it's not as crazy as it sounds.

Brad Stevens will be the top candidate for Coach of the Year if we get the number one seed;

Danny Ainge will be heavily considered for GM of the Year for both the Horford signing (2nd biggest signing of the summer) and for sticking pat at the deadline and not overpaying for another star, let alone the fact that we should have the best odds in the lottery;

Jaylen Brown will be considered for Rookie of the Year, but I highly doubt that he gets it over Saric and Brogdon, let alone if people consider Embiid's short season;

IT will be in the MVP consideration, though he won't get it;

Smart will be in the Sixth Man of the Year consideration, though he won't get it;

The only award where a Celtic won't be considered is the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.

And then you add in IT for a lock for an All-NBA team and one or more of Smart, AB, and Crowder for All-Defensive teams, we should be well-represented in the end-of-the-season awards.

« Reply #1956 on: March 27, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nice idea, jpotter. Actually I was just thinking that Crowder could be a candidate for MIP.

« Reply #1957 on: March 27, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Not your best work....

His effort level is not that bad.

When AB was out, I think it declined because he was forced to basically drop 35 points a game.

Kyrie doesnt have half the load IT does offensively and he still slacks on defense more than IT does.

Thus, Id say my "things Celtics fans say" was correct.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1958 on: March 27, 2017, 09:00:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
What total bull ssss....call LeBron throws Kawhi out of the way and goes to dunk ball......baited the official.....whining to officials ....wow

« Reply #1959 on: March 27, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699490-paul-millsap-to-miss-at-least-next-3-hawks-games-due-to-knee-injury

Ouch, Millsap out at least another 3 games after undergoing a non-surgical procedure on his knee.

We play them on April 6th, and they have four games between now and then. So there's a very real chance that he doesn't play against us that game, and they could fall quite a bit in the playoff race in that timeframe that he's out. They might be in danger of totally missing the playoffs, too.

« Reply #1960 on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699490-paul-millsap-to-miss-at-least-next-3-hawks-games-due-to-knee-injury

Ouch, Millsap out at least another 3 games after undergoing a non-surgical procedure on his knee.

We play them on April 6th, and they have four games between now and then. So there's a very real chance that he doesn't play against us that game, and they could fall quite a bit in the playoff race in that timeframe that he's out. They might be in danger of totally missing the playoffs, too.

Looks like the Nets will win one in Sunday.

« Reply #1961 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Oh my goodness Detroit is so terrible! Just pretty much gave up their best chance at getting back to the playoffs with a Whiteside tip in at the buzzer!

Get to 7th, Miami, and give Cleveland hell in the first round!

What in the world has happened to the Pistons?

« Reply #1962 on: March 28, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Big game for the 8th seed in the West tonight.  Portland and Denver are playing each other and are tied in the standings.  Portland owns the tiebreaker, so a win tonight would effectively put them two games up with 8 to play.

« Reply #1963 on: March 28, 2017, 10:28:45 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Not your best work....

The guy criticized kyries effort, you said he shouldnt criticze kyrie because of thomas. He said why not since thomas does give effort, then you say that doesnt mattet? Effort is his topic in the first place. Plus he defends some guys decently, like curry and wall.

« Reply #1964 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
So, I guess Paul George just went off on his team again when Minny came to town and beat them.

He is as good as traded this summer, right? That locker room is toxic right now. We might be able to legitimately get him for not much more than the Brooklyn pick at this point.