Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 348955 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #1650 on: February 25, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw-TJYQsQpk

Highlights of WCS's big game the other day.

A lot of dunks and layups but also two midrange jump-shots and a couple of drives. Showing nice handles and great quickness in attacking Denver's bigs. A couple of short shot finishes too. Very impressive to see WCS scoring in ways other than dunks & layups. If he can continue to do that, he will be a top 10 center for sure.

I wish Ainge would have traded for WCS while his value was low.

« Reply #1651 on: February 25, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@saltlover

Any ideas on why DAL waived instead of trading DWilliams?

They couldn't find anyone who wanted to trade for him, knowing that he was getting waived anyway.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.  That's a bit for a shocker for someone who got starter's mins for most of the season, I'll have to look more into it.

« Reply #1652 on: February 25, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw-TJYQsQpk

Highlights of WCS's big game the other day.

A lot of dunks and layups but also two midrange jump-shots and a couple of drives. Showing nice handles and great quickness in attacking Denver's bigs. A couple of short shot finishes too. Very impressive to see WCS scoring in ways other than dunks & layups. If he can continue to do that, he will be a top 10 center for sure.

I wish Ainge would have traded for WCS while his value was low.

I remember O'Connor insisted a lot we had to trade picks in order to draft him bcs he thought he would be very good at the PnR and help solve our D issues back then. Until now, I thought of WCS as meh, but he starts looking good as Who says.

« Reply #1653 on: February 25, 2017, 06:14:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Love the overreaction to a one game performance.  WCS has 0 pts in 15 minutes of the 1st half of today's game.  When a player like WCS has an out of the blue great performance, it probably says more about the team he was facing.  The Nuggets are contending with the Lakers to be the worst defensive team in the league. 

Maybe WCS does start to develop more out from Cousins' shadow but he's already 23 so I don't think he's got that much upside.  WCS is several months older than Noel but not nearly as good.   

« Reply #1654 on: February 25, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@tazzmaniac

I agree with your first paragraph and it a good word of caution.

Having said this, Who was sharing his views of that one game. There was some hyperbole in the language but he also said:

>if he can continue to do that

In any case, I'm enjoying following SAC now, they are experimenting a lot and this is fun.

« Reply #1655 on: February 25, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Nice starting lineup from Orlando

PG: E.Payton
SG: Fournier
SF: T.Ross
PF: A.Gordon
 C: Vucevic

I like Elfrid Payton alongside two three point shooters and sometimes scorers in Fournier and T-Ross. Plus they have Vucevic who can knock down jump-shots at center as well as post up to draw double teams. As can Payton - draw help defense - with his dribble penetration. Then there is Aaron Gordon as the glue guy at PF. Same with E.Payton with the shooting surround Gordon. Better balance for Orlando. Orlando have great quickness 1-4. Plus rebounding at the 1, 4 and 5.

And then they have Biyombo, Hezonja, Jeff Green and DJ Augustin off the bench. If Hezonja and Jeff Green can give them some quality off the bench, Orlando have a pretty decent team there for the close run of the season.

Edit: Players that help one another. Work well with one another. Make the most of each other's skill-sets. Do not make each other worse by hurting spacing or lacking ball movement or needing too many touches. There is real balance there. First time in a while you can say that about Orlando.

The quality still isn't great but at least they got some guys that can work together.

« Reply #1656 on: February 25, 2017, 08:59:59 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
@tazzmaniac

I agree with your first paragraph and it a good word of caution.

Having said this, Who was sharing his views of that one game. There was some hyperbole in the language but he also said:

>if he can continue to do that

In any case, I'm enjoying following SAC now, they are experimenting a lot and this is fun.
Tacking that qualifying statement on a single game performance is meaningless.  It doesn't even mean much for a limited amount of games.  Remember the hype around Jeremy Lin a few years ago when he had a stretch of games where he performed very well.  His stardom burned out pretty quick. 

« Reply #1657 on: February 25, 2017, 09:04:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I love watching Noel play. He is so much fun to watch on defense. Gets his hands on so many balls. Strips players. Gets deflections. Makes his opponent rush and move in uncomfortable ways. Blocks shots from the weakside. Meets guys at the rim. And he is so insanely quick on help & recover situations on team defense.

Fun game between Dallas (Noel, Dirk) and New Orleans (Cousins, A.Davis). Big man matchups.

Edit: Noel's energy and effort on defense is infectious. He is like Smart or a young Tyson Chandler. He raises the level of teammates intensity and effort on defense. Makes them (Dallas, previously Philly) a much more active team.

The character (on the court). The competitiveness. The leadership. The guy is a born winner.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:18:00 PM by Who »

« Reply #1658 on: February 25, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW Carmelo Anthony went OFF tonight.

37 points, and the clutch game winner to give the Knicks the win.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1659 on: February 25, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
And Paul George got EJECTED from tonight's game vs. Miami.

Pacers getting blown out by Heat now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1660 on: February 25, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Cavs a playoff team with NO LeBron and Lue as coach.   Very questionable.    Maybe with POPs ....they look terrible anytime James has not built them a lead or is not at or in the the game.

One Injury to LeBron ...they are dead meat for most good teams.

« Reply #1661 on: February 25, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cavs a playoff team with NO LeBron and Lue as coach.   Very questionable.    Maybe with POPs ....they look terrible anytime James has not built them a lead or is not at or in the the game.

One Injury to LeBron ...they are dead meat for most good teams.

Says a lot about Kyrie. Don't think he can be a team's best player and be competitive.

« Reply #1662 on: February 25, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
And Paul George got EJECTED from tonight's game vs. Miami.

Pacers getting blown out by Heat now.

Miami has been on fire for a while now. Dragic, Whiteside, and Waiters have all been playing excellent basketball. And the fact that the rest of the team can best be described as the 'D-League All-Stars' is crazy.

« Reply #1663 on: February 25, 2017, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I love watching Noel play. He is so much fun to watch on defense. Gets his hands on so many balls. Strips players. Gets deflections. Makes his opponent rush and move in uncomfortable ways. Blocks shots from the weakside. Meets guys at the rim. And he is so insanely quick on help & recover situations on team defense.

Fun game between Dallas (Noel, Dirk) and New Orleans (Cousins, A.Davis). Big man matchups.

Edit: Noel's energy and effort on defense is infectious. He is like Smart or a young Tyson Chandler. He raises the level of teammates intensity and effort on defense. Makes them (Dallas, previously Philly) a much more active team.

The character (on the court). The competitiveness. The leadership. The guy is a born winner.

Yep, would've really loved to have him in green.

« Reply #1664 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:09 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Heat at the 9th seed with a 27-32 record... They just defeated the Pacers. Unbelievable.

@tazzmaniac Yep, I got your point. I told you that from the beginning fam.