Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 349861 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #660 on: December 02, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Cavs not so invincible anymore. Getting ready to lose their third straight game tonight. I've been saying that the Bulls could give the Cavs some trouble in the playoffs. I'm hoping they're a low seed that plays the Cavs in the first or second round.

We should all know by now that the regular season is meaningless when it comes to evaluating the Cavs.

True. But I'm more referring to those posters who claim that Cleveland, GS, etc. are unbeatable. Every team is beatable.

« Reply #661 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:25 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cavs not so invincible anymore. Getting ready to lose their third straight game tonight. I've been saying that the Bulls could give the Cavs some trouble in the playoffs. I'm hoping they're a low seed that plays the Cavs in the first or second round.

We should all know by now that the regular season is meaningless when it comes to evaluating the Cavs.

True. But I'm more referring to those posters who claim that Cleveland, GS, etc. are unbeatable. Every team is beatable.

In the regular season, sure. Come playoffs, no one's (in the East) beating the Cavs barring a Bron injury.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #662 on: December 02, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Good to see someone barely beat the warriors.  Gotta keep that illusion alive that they can be beat.
How is it an illusion if they just got beat and have lost two other games as well...
im talkin playoffs.  You might sneak a win out of a series but that's a team that might have the greatest offense in history, just won 12 games in a row, has the best record in the league, and is on a 70+ win pace.   They are in a separate tier from the rest of the league.

Completely agree. If healthy, I think GS beats Cleveland in 5, maybe 6 games. I wouldn't be shocked if they picked up another defensive big man (role player, not star) before the deadline. Steve Kerr has the best gig going right now. It will be his job to manage legs at the end of the regular season so they are fresh to dominate every playoff game. No one cares about reg. season records this year.

I think Dray is their key. No one can match them 1-3, so its useful if teams can attack inside.

And this is why the Celtics should get Demarcus Cousins. We would go from having one of the weakest post scoring teams last year to the best. I think he would work well with Horford and IT.

« Reply #663 on: December 02, 2016, 10:40:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

In the regular season, sure. Come playoffs, no one's (in the East) beating the Cavs barring a Bron injury.

They're the favorites, sure, but I don't think it's inconceivable that someone like Boston or Toronto could pull off an upset. This is even truer if we add a legit center to our roster.

« Reply #664 on: December 02, 2016, 10:42:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

They're the favorites, sure, but I don't think it's inconceivable that someone like Boston or Toronto could pull off an upset. This is even truer if we add a legit center to our roster.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but they'll be prohibitive favorites.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #665 on: December 04, 2016, 11:56:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Pacers might be a team to watch now. They're finally at full health for the first time this season, and are currently beating the Clippers in the 4th quarter
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #666 on: December 04, 2016, 11:59:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Pacers might be a team to watch now. They're finally at full health for the first time this season, and are currently beating the Clippers in the 4th quarter

Clippers just playing sloppy... Too many turnovers.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #667 on: December 05, 2016, 01:03:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Good to see someone barely beat the warriors.  Gotta keep that illusion alive that they can be beat.
How is it an illusion if they just got beat and have lost two other games as well...
im talkin playoffs.  You might sneak a win out of a series but that's a team that might have the greatest offense in history, just won 12 games in a row, has the best record in the league, and is on a 70+ win pace.   They are in a separate tier from the rest of the league.

Completely agree. If healthy, I think GS beats Cleveland in 5, maybe 6 games. I wouldn't be shocked if they picked up another defensive big man (role player, not star) before the deadline. Steve Kerr has the best gig going right now. It will be his job to manage legs at the end of the regular season so they are fresh to dominate every playoff game. No one cares about reg. season records this year.

I think Dray is their key. No one can match them 1-3, so its useful if teams can attack inside.

And this is why the Celtics should get Demarcus Cousins. We would go from having one of the weakest post scoring teams last year to the best. I think he would work well with Horford and IT.

If we can just get Danny to open his pocketbook

« Reply #668 on: December 05, 2016, 01:09:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You mean give up the whole team so we become Sac 2.0?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #669 on: December 05, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Westbrook has his Trip Dub with 6 minutes left to play in the third. Amazing..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #670 on: December 05, 2016, 09:33:36 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Such a classic Bae-play
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #671 on: December 05, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Heard the Cavs had a major injury. Anyone know what happened? I saw Lebron went down early, but he continued to play and is still playing.

« Reply #672 on: December 06, 2016, 12:12:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Klay Thompson with 48 points in under 24 minutes
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #673 on: December 06, 2016, 12:25:54 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Klay Thompson with 48 points in under 24 minutes

60 now. got subbed out though
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #674 on: December 06, 2016, 12:32:21 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Heard the Cavs had a major injury. Anyone know what happened? I saw Lebron went down early, but he continued to play and is still playing.

looked as though JR has a hyperextended knee but I'm no Doc, I'm just basing that off of what they call it when other people have landed like that. it was quick but it was like he was about to do like the aliens on Contact move when they popped their knees back.

it didn't look that bad but he was down on the floor rolling and crying so it probably isn't good.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:37:51 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)