Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 348975 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2016, 02:22:13 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

For whatever reason, he chooses to play extreme Devils advocate, almost all the time, and then not own up to the extremism of many of his posts.

It's called trolling.  He has an Andy Kaufman avatar for a reason. 

It's all very on the nose.  Know what you are dealing with.
Devils advocate?  How is it devil's advocate to agree that the Warriors are the favorites. They are -150 favorites to win the title.  I think I read today that Vegas has the odds of the Warriors winning the title as greater than all other teams combined.   

Trolling?  There needs to be a target for that.  Does someone get angry or offended if you jokingly suggest the Warriors are going 82-0?   What kind of person gets angry or offended by that?   

It's called being tongue in cheek.  Nobody seriously expects the Warriors to go 82-0 this season.  That's impossible.   Nobody genuinely expected the Warriors to blow out the Spurs by 30 points and go 82-0.  Obviously everyone knows they are going 81-1.

Ya'll throw around your trigger terms willy nilly.

Anyways... hilarious loss by the Warriors today.   Great start to the season.  Here's hoping that spineless anti-competitive sissy Durant and his group of frontrunning punks lose every game.  Lol

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

For whatever reason, he chooses to play extreme Devils advocate, almost all the time, and then not own up to the extremism of many of his posts.

Devils advocate?  How is it devil's advocate to agree that the Warriors are the favorites. They are -150 favorites to win the title.  I think I read today that Vegas has the odds of the Warriors winning the title as greater than all other teams combined.   

Trolling?  There needs to be a target for that.  Does someone get angry or offended if you jokingly suggest the Warriors are going 82-0?   What kind of person gets angry or offended by that?   

It's called being tongue in cheek.  Nobody seriously expects the Warriors to go 82-0 this season.  That's impossible.   Nobody genuinely expected the Warriors to blow out the Spurs by 30 points and go 82-0.  Obviously everyone knows they are going 81-1.

Anyways... hilarious loss by the Warriors today.   Great start to the season.  Here's hoping that spineless anti-competitive sissy Durant and his group of frontrunning punks lose every game.  Lol

I am now officially LB's attorney. So if anyone is the devils advocate it is me.

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

You didn't just say the Warriors are the favorite to win the tutle. Obviously they are.

You said they are the greatest collection of talent on any sports team in North America in the modern era. You said they would steamroll the league and no one else had a shot.

AND 5hen, you act like the outrageous statements you make aren't outrageous at all.

9/10 for getting one last response from me.

Like, I said, I don't understand why you feel the need to be this way.

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You didn't just say the Warriors are the favorite to win the tutle. Obviously they are.

You said they are the greatest collection of talent on any sports team in North America in the modern era. You said they would steamroll the league and no one else had a shot.

AND 5hen, you act like the outrageous statements you make aren't outrageous at all.

9/10 for getting one last response from me.

Like, I said, I don't understand why you feel the need to be this way.
its intentional hyperbole.  Who cares.  Warriors added a top 3 player to a 73 win team.  That's undeniably unprecedented.  The league is doomed for the next decade.

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2016, 10:14:31 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Anthony Davis through 3 quarters:

40 points 10 rebounds 4 assists 6 steals 3 blocks 1 turnover

And they're trailing.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

And they're trailing.

By nearly double digits!  :o

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Philly up on OKC with 3:30 to go. Perhaps they still will be better than the Nets this year, or OKC is just not as good as we thought they'd be.

Embiid isn't shy about shooting it, is he? 13 shots in 16 minutes.

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
OKC is just not as good as we thought they'd be.

Yeah personally I have not thought all that much of them.  Definitely need to see it before I believe it.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
OKC is just not as good as we thought they'd be.

Yeah personally I have not thought all that much of them.  Definitely need to see it before I believe it.

Will be interesting to see how Westbrook does with the added pressure and attention on him now. He doesn't have KD drawing attention away from him anymore now.

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Mark Jackson just said he liked the Mozgov signing. That dude is dense.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

And they're trailing.
i hope AD stays healthy while new orleans grooms him for us
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Harden off to a quick start.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2016, 10:49:01 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Pretty sad the league is still trying to push the Lakers so hard. Jim Buss does not deserve the good fortune. 15 nationally televised games this year. What a joke. That is 4 more than the Raptors and Grizz combined.

On the flipside, the Lakers will be giving up a LOT of points this year. So at least we get to see some scoring clinics when they play.

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2016, 10:50:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

And they're trailing.
i hope AD stays healthy while new orleans grooms him for us

2019, baby! Seems like a certainly he declines that 2020-21 player option. That organization has failed horribly to put talent around him.

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2016, 11:09:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Harden in the MDA system...wow. 12 and 9 at the end of 1.

DKC Clippers