Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 352746 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #2100 on: April 09, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Atlanta Hawks fans felt what Patriots fans were feeling in the Superbowl tonight.

Stunning win in OT lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2101 on: April 09, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
WOOT! So now BOS win out, CLE lose 1 more game, and #1 seed for us?
Unreal what a meltdown

Is this true?

Yep. If we win out and they lose tomorrow, then we're the one seed. There's no guarantee that they play Lebron and Kyrie tomorrow either.
If we manage to steal that 1 seed would we avoid Toronto in the second round?

Yep. Washington is locked in at 4 now, and Toronto is almost 99% certain at the 3 seed.

« Reply #2102 on: April 09, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hawks are for real...

avoid in the playoffs at all cost

« Reply #2103 on: April 09, 2017, 06:43:54 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
WOOT! So now BOS win out, CLE lose 1 more game, and #1 seed for us?
Unreal what a meltdown

Is this true?

Yep. If we win out and they lose tomorrow, then we're the one seed. There's no guarantee that they play Lebron and Kyrie tomorrow either.
If we manage to steal that 1 seed would we avoid Toronto in the second round?

Yep. Washington is locked in at 4 now, and Toronto is almost 99% certain at the 3 seed.

Yeah it makes it all the more vital.

With Lowry back, TOR are even scarier and it's also better to see them go against CLE second round. Won't be easy for CLE this year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2104 on: April 09, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
TP for everyone!

I had a flight today and signed off with the Hawks down almost 30. Just signed on to see what the final score was and gasped out language that I really shouldn't use in front of my eight-year olds. Fortunately, they're on their iPads, so nothing short of the ceiling falling in will distract them.

Mike

« Reply #2105 on: April 09, 2017, 07:01:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
TP for everyone!

I had a flight today and signed off with the Hawks down almost 30. Just signed on to see what the final score was and gasped out language that I really shouldn't use in front of my eight-year olds. Fortunately, they're on their iPads, so nothing short of the ceiling falling in will distract them.

Mike

TP back at you!

That's probably not as insane as some Patriots fan hopping on a flight down 28-3 in the SB, only to see the final score afterwards..  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #2106 on: April 09, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Hawks are for real...

avoid in the playoffs at all cost

Yeah, I think people are overlooking this point. The Hawks beat us and the Cavs recently. They are looking very tough going into the playoffs.

« Reply #2107 on: April 09, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Westbrook just won the MVP
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2108 on: April 09, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Hawks out scored Cleveland 44-18 in the 4th Q  :o

« Reply #2109 on: April 09, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

James Harden is also deserving, but I just don't see any way Russ doesn't win it now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2110 on: April 09, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

James Harden is also deserving, but I just don't see any way Russ doesn't win it now.

Harden has a higher total points created (individual points scored per game + points created per game from assists), WS, WS/48, TS%, Net RTG, and does it with a substantially lower usage rate.  His team also is higher in the standings.  There's plenty of reason to choose Harden.

« Reply #2111 on: April 09, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Hawks out scored Cleveland 44-18 in the 4th Q  :o

And helped prove that "rest" is nonsense.  LeBron, Kyrie and Love all played over 40 minutes.  Yes, it was double overtime but no one on the Hawks played more than 36 minutes.  If rest was really important, there's no way you burn them out like that at the end of the season.  But they just lost to Atlanta, so Bron and company wanted to beat them and, miraculously, "rest" ceased to be a concern.

Mike

« Reply #2112 on: April 09, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Harden has a higher total points created (individual points scored per game + points created per game from assists), WS, WS/48, TS%, Net RTG, and does it with a substantially lower usage rate.  His team also is higher in the standings.  There's plenty of reason to choose Harden.

I just think overall, Harden has a better team around him though. Better guys who fit the system, and good shooters (also with the addition of Lou Williams).

Not at all to take away from Harden, but without Westbrook, OKC would legitimately be a bottom-5 team in the league IMO. He's the only reason they are in the playoffs, and would probably have less than 30 wins without him.

« Reply #2113 on: April 09, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I just think overall, Harden has a better team around him though. Better guys who fit the system, and good shooters (also with the addition of Lou Williams).

Not at all to take away from Harden, but without Westbrook, OKC would legitimately be a bottom-5 team in the league IMO. He's the only reason they are in the playoffs, and would probably have less than 30 wins without him.

And yet the second best player, and probably the 3rd best player, play for OKC.  Victor Oladipo is better than anyone on Houston not named James Harden, and Enes Kanter is arguably the 6th man of the year.

I don't buy the argument OKC is any worse than Houston, in terms of talent outside the two MVP candidates.  Better fitting, probably, but not less talented.  To me, Harden has done more to make his teammates better.

« Reply #2114 on: April 09, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

And yet the second best player, and probably the 3rd best player, play for OKC.  Victor Oladipo is better than anyone on Houston not named James Harden, and Enes Kanter is arguably the 6th man of the year.

I don't buy the argument OKC is any worse than Houston, in terms of talent outside the two MVP candidates.  Better fitting, probably, but not less talented.  To me, Harden has done more to make his teammates better.

The idea that Harden has a much better team around him is BS. 

Before the NBA season started Vegas put the over-under win totals as:
OKC - 45.5 wins
Houston - 41.5 wins

If both teams go 1 and 1 in their last 2 games, then OKC will have exceeded their expectations by 1.5 wins and Houston by 13.5 wins.  In addition, only Houston has a chance at the championship.  Nobody should win the MVP if their team isn't in championship contention, so to me Westbrook falls behind Harden and Kawaii.