Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 349723 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
The Celtics are in for a rough start of the week. First against the Bulls and then the current champions on the following day.

Oh how i want to beat the bulls. their fans are already getting way too arrogant. they think their actually a contending team.  I would love nothing more than to emphatically destroy them and see what their fans say afterwards.
TP
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Several really good games tonight.

Battle of the no-win teams - Orlando at Philly

Lakers at Indy - should be interesting to see if the Pacers lackluster start continues

Sacramento at Miami - Kings on a back to back night, hoping for another loss for the Boogie Watch

Utah at San Antonio - Good test for the Jazz to see how legit they are, have been pretty lackluster so far, even without Hayward

GSW at Portland - This will be a really good test for Golden State's defense. They've got off to an extremely slow start, barely beating two terrible teams in the Pelicans and Suns after being blown out by San Antonio.
Curious if Okafor looks any better tonight and does any playing alongside Embiid.
Last I heard, embiid's minutes restriction is up to 24 tonight, but they aren't going to have him play back-to-backs yet.  So with Embiid sitting out tomorrow, the current plan was for okafor to sit out tonight.  Okafor, you may remember, missed all of training camp and preseason and is on a 12 min restriction while he gets back into basketball shape. 

« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2016, 06:54:24 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
oh [dang] lebron save airballing free throws for us

« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Lakers at Indy - should be interesting to see if the Pacers lackluster start continues

Sacramento at Miami - Kings on a back to back night, hoping for another loss for the Boogie Watch

Utah at San Antonio - Good test for the Jazz to see how legit they are, have been pretty lackluster so far, even without Hayward

GSW at Portland - This will be a really good test for Golden State's defense. They've got off to an extremely slow start, barely beating two terrible teams in the Pelicans and Suns after being blown out by San Antonio.
Curious if Okafor looks any better tonight and does any playing alongside Embiid.
Last I heard, embiid's minutes restriction is up to 24 tonight, but they aren't going to have him play back-to-backs yet.  So with Embiid sitting out tomorrow, the current plan was for okafor to sit out tonight.  Okafor, you may remember, missed all of training camp and preseason and is on a 12 min restriction while he gets back into basketball shape.
Okafor is supposed to play tomorrow with a 24 minute restriction. 

« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2016, 07:40:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Okafor is supposed to play tomorrow with a 24 minute restriction.

I wish we had tracked Kantar like this.

« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2016, 07:50:13 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Just watching harden call a play its amazing how many times he carrys the ball just with a standstill dribble lol

« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Cousins is going to be facing a suspension by halfway through the season at this rate. He's already picked up 3 technical fouls in five games lol

It does make you wonder how much he can ultimately change in a better, winning environment.

« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2016, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cousins is going to be facing a suspension by halfway through the season at this rate. He's already picked up 3 technical fouls in five games lol

It does make you wonder how much he can ultimately change in a better, winning environment.
He can't control himself at all and it wouldn't make a difference what team he's on.  He's already getting techs and ejections in games the Kings are winning.   I think maybe he'll mature a little bit with age but I certainly don't think he'll act any differently on a different team.

« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He can't control himself at all and it wouldn't make a difference what team he's on.  He's already getting techs and ejections in games the Kings are winning.   I think maybe he'll mature a little bit with age but I certainly don't think he'll act any differently on a different team.

Agreed. I don't see him changing because of a new team. He acted whiny and entitled at Kentucky too, but when you're winning, it's rebranded as "being passionate".
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Boy, the Magic are having a tough go at things, huh? Terrible start to the season losing to both the Heat and Sixers and an injured Pistons squad.

« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Boy, the Magic are having a tough go at things, huh? Terrible start to the season losing to both the Heat and Sixers and an injured Pistons squad.

Did they already lose to the 76ers or did you count this as a loss?

Meanwhile the warriors have given up 23 points in 7.5 minutes. How do they fix this defense?

« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Did they already lose to the 76ers or did you count this as a loss?

Meanwhile the warriors have given up 23 points in 7.5 minutes. How do they fix this defense?

Oh wow, they came back! There was only a little bit of time left when I checked the game, and they were down like 9. I just figured it was a loss. My bad! Still, there's absolutely no reason that they should've lost to the Sixers anyways. Looks like Oladipo was much better for them than they thought.

« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2016, 11:02:02 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Deyonta Davis (the guy we picked 31st before trading that pick and pick 35 for the Clippers protected first rounder) had 17 and 6 for memphis today in their blowout loss to Minny. Anyone watch the game? was it garbage time points? or was he actually playing against good players? seems like Memphis was down like half their team lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2016, 11:25:44 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Deyonta Davis (the guy we picked 31st before trading that pick and pick 35 for the Clippers protected first rounder) had 17 and 6 for memphis today in their blowout loss to Minny. Anyone watch the game? was it garbage time points? or was he actually playing against good players? seems like Memphis was down like half their team lol
They rested their starters for some reason, so he got some playing time because of that. He seems better than Zeller.

« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
They rested their starters for some reason, so he got some playing time because of that. He seems better than Zeller.

hmm, interesting. I also think he could be more effective than Zeller. I thought it was a steal of a pick, at 31. I wish we hadn't traded it lol. although, he probably wouldnt have made the roster either
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about