Author Topic: RJ a victim due to Dannys inability to make trades on draft night?  (Read 5432 times)

Re: RJ a victim due to Dannys inability to make trades on draft night?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I'm sorry but can we please talk about something that matters... Like the fact that RJ Hunter looks just like Mr Robot, for instance.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:54 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I'm sorry but can we please talk about something that matters... Like the fact that RJ Hunter looks just like Mr Robot, for instance.

He kind of reminds me of Prince...Raspberry Beret!!

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
When you have heard how hard Danny has tried with some info out there, you are crazy to blame him.  It's really hard to do draft night trades.  When Ainge has talked about how teams are just in love with their picks on draft night, he is very right on.

Also this rebuild method is absolutely the right move but this is the cost.  The bottom line is RJ Hunter is very unlikley to ever be an impact player (especially above replacement) and that's how the end of the draft turns out.

Like a lot of Ainge draft critics, I don't think this criticism takes into account how the end of the draft plays out for everyone.  Rare you get anyone good at 28.

But in the end, the "lots of picks" issue is a lot less of a drawback than some people are making it seem.  You have a couple years to check these guys out and they sink or swim.  Like I said, there is a chance RJ Hunter can be an NBA player but a notable one above replacement?  He hasn't shown anything and I highly, highly doubt it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:21:42 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 10:00:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
When you have heard how hard Danny has tried with some info out there, you are crazy to blame him.  It's really hard to do draft night trades.  When Ainge has talked about how teams are just in love with their picks on draft night, he is very right on.

Also this rebuild method is absolutely the right move but this is the cost.  The bottom line is RJ Hunter is very unlikley to ever be an impact player (especially above replacement) and that's how the end of the draft turns out.

Like a lot of Ainge draft critics, I don't think this criticism takes into account how the end of the draft plays out for everyone.  Rare you get anyone good at 28.

But in the end, the "lots of picks" issue is a lot less of a drawback than some people are making it seem.   You have a couple years to check these guys out and they sink or swim.  Like I said, there is a chance RJ Hunter can be an NBA player but a notable one above replacement?  He hasn't shown anything and I highly, highly doubt it.
Yeah, given all the picks Ainge had, many of us were convinced there would be a draft night trade.  I think it's remarkable that a trade was not necessary.  So far, RJ is the only casualty from the riches of assets, not bad and I'm not at all concerned about having to cut somebody.

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

I had a ton of trouble getting into that show through the first season. Should I give it another shot?

Mike

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 10:15:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
RJ a victim of his ineptitude as a basketball player. Next topic.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
IF RJ had shown shooting ability he would still be collecting a Boston paycheck.  But I don't wish anything bad against the kid.  Maybe he will develop elsewhere.  This Boston roster is stacked. 

Young barely made it but he has actually shown some physical improvement and is more versatile, ie he can play 2/3.  RJ was strictly a 2 but still looked too weak physically.

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
To answer the questions, yes. To many pics can be a problem.

To respond to your answer, absolutely not.  Being able to cut players like RJ Hunter versus having to play them is a luxury, not a problem.

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
To answer the questions, yes. To many pics can be a problem.

To respond to your answer, absolutely not.  Being able to cut players like RJ Hunter versus having to play them is a luxury, not a problem.
DA has done great.  He drafted a second PG that stuck too. Another second rounder was picked up by Indy. RJ will be picked up too. He found two picks that will be great playing a year over seas. He also made some picks work with the clipper. So go suck an egg on this thread. We have a Top 5 GM, Top 5 Coach, Top 5 owner and a top 5 team. Life is good for me as a celtic fan!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek