Author Topic: RJ a victim due to Dannys inability to make trades on draft night?  (Read 5418 times)

Re: RJ a victim due to Dannys inability to make trades on draft night?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 10:29:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
To answer the questions, yes. To many pics can be a problem.

I don't really see this as that much of a problem. I'd rather cut guys with decent potential before keeping ones with no potential. Our problem is that we have too many guys that can either a) play today or b) have the potential to be good players in the future. Not a problem in my book.

What is the problem? Did we trade pieces away that we'd rather have than than having multiple first rounders? To me, it makes sense to continue to take chances on RJ Hunter types in the event that one of them hits.                                                                                                                                                             

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Danny isn't exactly starting the season with a squad full of rookies, so I'm not sure I follow your logic here. If we had entered the draft with just our own picks then we'd conceivably enter the year with the same amount of rookies on the roster. Different rookies, but still two of them.

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 10:59:25 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
He did trade two picks on draft night, and if I remember right, most here complained about it.

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kinda yeah.  Probably not the last.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
We have how many multiple picks drafts to go

So basically no 1st round picks maybe safe for their initial contracts (1st 2 years). Well unless maybe you are a top 5 pick, like a Jaylen Brown

Can Danny proceed to use all of his picks moving forward?  I guess he can go the draft and stash route (this could be an issue if the int player does not want to be stashed).

Also you dont normally mid 2nd round pick getting a shot off the bat (Jackson) while a 1st round guy gets waived only after 1 season

Its not like RJ rode the bench/played in the D year all year long (Fab Melo)

No, RJ's a victim because of Danny's ability to stack a roster. Young looked far better & beat him out.

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
RJ was a victim of not being able to knock down threes at a good enough rate, which was his one talent that got him to the NBA.

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 12:00:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 It hardly matters. Big deal we cut the #28 pick in the first round. He stinks, if he can't beat out a bum like Young.

He should have taken more protein shakes, Steaks, like Rib Eye's, Chicken breast, Salmon and maybe take some steroids, and he had a chance.

Young actually had some protein shakes and did some Bicep curls so he got the job. Congratulations Young, you almost look like you belong on the court. Physically anyway.

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Hunter is the victim of suckage.

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 01:08:33 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We have how many multiple picks drafts to go

So basically no 1st round picks maybe safe for their initial contracts (1st 2 years).

Hunter's obviously not the victim of having too many draft picks. He lost his spot to a 9-year vet.

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 01:18:51 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Yes, but he still isn't a very good basketball player.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:51 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm still surprised.  RJ seemed like the obvious choice to me.  But we don't know anything about their decision-making processes. I guess that probably makes it more interesting.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 01:48:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He was never good.   Maybe the kid develops someday, but he was trash.  When homers were comparing him to klay Thompson, I pointed out his college and summer league stats were worse than Brian scalabrine.   There was nothing there.  We couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him so he's gone.

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 02:16:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He was never good.   Maybe the kid develops someday, but he was trash.  When homers were comparing him to klay Thompson, I pointed out his college and summer league stats were worse than Brian scalabrine.   There was nothing there.  We couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him so he's gone.

Just wait till he becomes Klay 2.0 plus+ on Toronto.  In seriousness, was there no way of affiliating him to the d-league like Ryan Kelly, though?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Just wait till he becomes Klay 2.0 plus+ on Toronto.  In seriousness, was there no way of affiliating him to the d-league like Ryan Kelly, though?

We can make it so that he can't play for any DLeague team except the Red Claws, but we can't force him to play in the DLeague. If he gets an offer from an NBA or overseas team, he's free to join them
I'm bitter.

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 08:07:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This is a silly post because Mickey and Jackson made the roster.  Two recent second round picks including one drafted after Hunter from the same draft. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip