Author Topic: how many minutes for Jaylen out of the gate?  (Read 908 times)

how many minutes for Jaylen out of the gate?
« on: October 24, 2016, 07:48:59 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
He looked really good in preseason especially when given free run and allowed to shoot the ball.  I don't think he just suddenly sits do you?  We have Green who had ups and downs during preseason and is a good shooter. I'll be somewhat disapointed if jaylen suddenly sits and is relagated to spot duty.  Rozier had a great preseason and summer. Smart had a good one.  I think it's gotta be Smart and Jaylen as the two guys with Rozier and Jerebko and Green and guys like that.  That shouldn't change.

I hope Brad is listening and it's marcus and jaylen with not much changing there. Marcus is hurt right now so Rozier may get some extra run but  Jaylen has to be in the mix.

Especially early imo. He's ready.  KO coming back may put a damper on things for him but I hope not. I hope KO just sits Zeller right on the bench.  Bring KO along slowly if anything. KO will give us range but Jaylen was knocking shots down.   Still a ways to go but even still.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:55:00 PM by walker834 »

Re: how many minutes for Jaylen out of the gate?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Even with KO back I'd give Jerebko's minutes and Zellers all to brown.  I'd also hold back on ko, green and rozier just a bit to get Brown legitament time to go with Smart.

Jerebko and Green can fight it out. Rozier and KO can as well.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
with KO/Smart possibly out for the opener, I can see Brown getting 15-20 minutes right out of the gate...if he plays well and tells Brad he deserves more minutes I can see him earn about 25-30 minutes by all-star break

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:57:02 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Right now about 8 minutes a game. All of them coming in the first half, end of the first quarter and beginning of the second quarter. He could get more at the end of games in blowouts.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
IT 32 / Smart 6 / Rozier 10
AB 30 / Smart 18
Crowder 10 / Smart 6 / Green 22 / Brown 10
AJ 24 / Crowder 20 / KO 4
Horford 28 / KO 20

I think it's likely Jaylen will excel (despite getting similar minutes as Rozier), and probably take Rozier's minutes (along with JJ's, which I already gave him).

IT 32 / Smart 16
AB 30 / Smart 14 / Green 4
Crowder 10 / Green 18 / Brown 20
Horford 28 / KO 20

And then if anybody gets injured, Rozier and/or JJ can step in without a huge drop (same with Zeller if Horford ever goes down).

If he continues to steal from Gerald, that's fine with me, but his absolute main competition is Rozier 1st and Green 2nd.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 09:19:22 PM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
IT 32 / Smart 6 / Rozier 10
AB 30 / Smart 18
Crowder 10 / Smart 6 / Green 22 / Brown 10
Horford 28 / KO 20

I think it's likely Jaylen will excel (despite getting similar minutes as Rozier), and probably take Rozier's minutes (along with JJ's, which I already gave him).

IT 32 / Smart 16
AB 30 / Smart 14 / Green 4
Crowder 10 / Green 18 / Brown 20
Horford 28 / KO 20

And then if anybody gets injured, Rozier and/or JJ can step in without a huge drop (same with Zeller if Horford ever goes down).

If he continues to steal from Gerald, that's fine with me, but his absolute main competition is Rozier 1st and Green 2nd.

I believe he will also get minutes from bigs if CBS goes with smallball lineups. Like:

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Brown
Horford

or

Rozier
Smart
Green
Brown
Kelly

I expect around 12-15 minutes to start the season.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think Amir won't eclipse 20 mpg this season. Horford will get 30 plus though. Crowder and Brown along with KO will back  him up with KO also backing up the center spot.    Green I also don't see getting more than 15-20 mpg if that.

Injuries happen as the season goes too.  Brown as it stands is the logical backup for crowder.  Crowder goes down or struggles and jaylen plays well.  I don't expect that to happen this year though. Crowder should be pretty locked in for 30 mpg as a starter.

Rozier is really the kicker who could cut into his time as well as KO. Plus Green.