Author Topic: eh?  (Read 1831 times)

eh?
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:44:20 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
celticsgreen league.  trying to double up on last years championship......

10 team h2h.  I was pretty happy with how my draft was going.  got 3 solid pros in conley, kawii and horford.  3 breakthrough candidates wiggins, parker and porzingis.  then my draft kind of went south.  i'm ok with having bradley, smart and brown.  celtics fan and having them as role guys is fine to me and I was targetting them. I feel like i screwed up the latter half of my draft though.  was counting on rondo being there for assists.  instead ended up taking bradley early(7th round), then noel and okafor not realizing noel was hurt now, embiid was on the board and derrick rose as well as guys like monroe and lavine who i would have preferred although okafor is alright and a toss up there. I didn't realize he was gimpy going in.  ended up taking george hill over gary harris and kris dunn because i needed pg's bad.   i can move porzingis to center to start the season and start aminu although would have preffered al j with my last pick. aminu is alright as a role guy. I was looking at guys like barnes and covington earlier but things just weren't falling for me late.  I would have liked to do better at a pg spot and as far as a couple other big men. Kind of different strategy for me although sometimes try different things.  Go for stat stuffers etc, or percentages, just go with how i feel that draft etc and will draft defense. I still think i have a decent mix as far as stats go?  got in the  mode of going for breakout candidates with upside this draft.  I feel like whoever has toine's team was taking a lot of players i liked and has a really good team.

pg-conley
sg-kawii
g-wiggins
sf-parker
pf-horford
f-porizingis
c-okafor
c-noel
util-bradley
util-george hill
b- smart
b-aminu
b-jaylen brown
b-kris dunn

Anyone from our league or anyone else? Eja want to give me their two cents?

Re: eh?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think you went kinda rookie heavy in this kind of league

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:51:46 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
yeah I got in that mode this draft for some reason.  My team might take patience this year.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I always try to go back and think about how i was feeling at the time.  The first pick was kawii or lebron for me.  I'm sort of ok with this.  Parker i was looking at hayward but he went before.  That might actually work out.  It could be the giannis and parker show in milwaulkee with middleton hurt.  everything else was what i said in the op.  It's hard to research everything in 1 minute and 30 seconds.  I had no clue noel was hurt at the time.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I guess if i look at it like this I got Bradley, Noel, Okafor, Hill 7-10. I think i took marcus 10th but hill is pretty good value where i got him regardless.  Rondo, Lavine, Rose, Embiid and Monroe all went in this range.  It wasn't possible to get all 5. I could have gotten 3 of them.  I missed al j and gary haris late and maybe covington or barnes.  I got hill, brown, dunn and aminu.  Or smart.  However you want to look at it.   Again I wasn't going to get them all.  I always miss a couple guys who end up being top ten players it seems though i n this elague. Usually i nail those picks. Who i took aren't bad picks.  just probably going to end up with a few busts instead.  Waivers are good.

Embiid will probably be this years towns though.  I missed towns and knew it still won last year.  the end of the basketball season is such a crap shoot in fantasy anyways with injuries. 

dunn will be starting by then and will be chris paul for all i know right now.  Jaylen will be starting over Crowder or amir and be michael jordan. Embiid will be a walking injury and noel will be healthy and traded and marcus camby.

I have guys that will chip in various categories.  No one is killing any stat. I'm going to put up numbers with Kawii, Conley, Horford, Wiggins, Parker, Porzingis. 

Fresh was taking guys like Hollis jefferson and covington who i had my eye on.  If i took guys like hill, smart and amnu and jaylen over guys like that and harris it's not the end of the world.  hollis jefferson is a real nice pick though.  al j final round was too. i think toine's team got him.  Hollis went like 9th round when I was taking Okafor and not even seeing embiid though.

smart is rough around the edges but can he not match gary harris?  can jaylen not break out and hollis jefferson struggle with his shot?  aminu isn't bad in comparison either.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:47:38 PM by walker834 »