Poll

Who is the actual better player? Young or RJ H?

Way too close to call
6 (30%)
Young
7 (35%)
RJ
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Who is the actual better player? Young or RJ H?  (Read 3115 times)

Re: Who is the actual better player? Young or RJ H?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 01:50:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
to me it's RJ Hunter and it's not even close.

James Young is a shooter that has almost nothing else in his game other than rebounding for his position.

I believe that Young was selected because they feel it was a close call, and Young won because of his age, and the convenience of his contract in trades.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Who is the actual better player? Young or RJ H?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 01:56:36 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
to me it's RJ Hunter and it's not even close.

James Young is a shooter that has almost nothing else in his game other than rebounding for his position.

I believe that Young was selected because they feel it was a close call, and Young won because of his age, and the convenience of his contract in trades.

Agreed, and drafted much earlier.  Ainge wants to be considered an elite GM as much as BS wants to be an elite coach, imo.  And RJ could (but hopefully won't) tear apart EuroLeague in the near future.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC