Author Topic: loss of turner,sully,kelly and marcus  (Read 2193 times)

loss of turner,sully,kelly and marcus
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:49:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
glad the brooklyn game comes first because with marcus questionable we have a almost rookie running the second unit,smarts defense will be missed and kelly's 40% from three
hopefully jerebko replaces that spacing-jaylen a rookie and green will be factors-
marcus was the glue guy for that unit which has gone from a strength to a unknown-

Re: loss of turner,sully,kelly and marcus
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 08:17:52 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 11:47:16 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Beating Nets doubly important. We struggled against them last year. Had trouble with Lopez.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:09:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Rozier will take enough of a step forward to replace what Turner did. When Turner ran the second unit the ball often stuck in his hands, with Rozier running the second unit I expect the ball to move better.

I expect the 2nd unit for the Brooklyn game to be Rozier, Green, Brown, Jerebko and Zeller. When Kelly comes back he will replace Zeller. When Marcus comes back I think he will replace Jerebko and Brown/Green will bump up a position.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
I think Rozier will take enough of a step forward to replace what Turner did. When Turner ran the second unit the ball often stuck in his hands, with Rozier running the second unit I expect the ball to move better.

I expect the 2nd unit for the Brooklyn game to be Rozier, Green, Brown, Jerebko and Zeller. When Kelly comes back he will replace Zeller. When Marcus comes back I think he will replace Jerebko and Brown/Green will bump up a position.
Assuming Rozier's development is for real, he should be able to pick up the playmaking deficit left by Turner. Another plus is that Jaylen seems to be able to get to the rim with some effectiveness. Very different style from Turner but that gives the bench another threat it didn't have last year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Play Mickey instead of Zeller.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think about Turner and Sully at this point, hope it stays that way. But KO and Smart are suppose to take some of those minutes left behind by those two. So it does make us a little short handed right now, hopefully Troz can shine making us excited instead of worried.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 04:02:58 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Beating Nets doubly important. We struggled against them last year. Had trouble with Lopez.

Who handles Lopez this round? Last season that was what Sully did.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't think about Turner and Sully at this point, hope it stays that way. But KO and Smart are suppose to take some of those minutes left behind by those two. So it does make us a little short handed right now, hopefully Troz can shine making us excited instead of worried.
Me neither.  BTW, Sully is going to have foot surgery.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 09:02:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Who handles Lopez this round? Last season that was what Sully did.
for all the bashing a number of people gave Sully here, that was something he provided that went unappreciated.  we really don't have a beefy guy to put at center that can take a pounding from the top centers in the league.  Brook, Cousins, Drummond, Monroe, Favors/Gobert, etc...  are going to pound on Amir and Horford.  Zeller isn't good enough to play against them and KO just gets pushed around.  hoping Zizic and Yabu can provide that kind of size next year to put against those types of players

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 you sure are right ,sully was an unmovable object
he must have had amazing lower body strength to carry his weight
soft touch ,skilled and a very important defensive rebounder and presence against those bigs you mentioned--but impossible to pay big money except yearly
this post was to focus on the 2nd team with marcus out on top of kelly-