Author Topic: Why isn't Cousins forcing a trade?  (Read 6180 times)

Re: Why isn't Cousins forcing a trade?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
DMC is a good guy, it is probably being handled carefully and discretely behind closed doors.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think the guy is passionate about winning.

hmmm...that's another possibility.  Definitely something to consider.

Not if you know anything about him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I know what I see, and he has not demonstrated any passion to move himself or the team. There are players that have a passion to win, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant. There are players who have that thrust upon them, LeBron James, Kevin Durant. Then there are highly skilled players who have interests other than basketball and would sooner just get paid do their job and go home win or lose. He seems to fit the very latter group so far.

If you know anything that we do not, please share.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I know what I see, and he has not demonstrated any passion to move himself or the team. There are players that have a passion to win, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant. There are players who have that thrust upon them, LeBron James, Kevin Durant. Then there are highly skilled players who have interests other than basketball and would sooner just get paid do their job and go home win or lose. He seems to fit the very latter group so far.

Boogie has improved his game every single season.  He's improved his post game, his passing, his defense, his 3PT. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He's played through injury repeatedly, including painful injuries to his feet. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

As bad as the talent on his team is, the Kings have a positive +/- when he's on the court. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He shows up at Summer League to lead practices with the scrubs who will never make the team. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He's a passionate guy. Most of his outbursts are related to losing. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

Sacramento is a lousy team in a lousy city. DMC is hurting his "brand" by staying there. However, he's extremely loyal. Hell, he's got a "loyalty" tattoo, and that's the name of his clothing line. He wants to make Sacramento great again, not bail for an easier opportunity. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 08:10:25 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

bingo!
After you loose year after year, some players just get use to it. They cash that monthly check, jump in
the Ferrari, and are quite content.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 08:11:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Boogie has improved his game every single season.  He's improved his post game, his passing, his defense, his 3PT. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He's played through injury repeatedly, including painful injuries to his feet. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

As bad as the talent on his team is, the Kings have a positive +/- when he's on the court. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He shows up at Summer League to lead practices with the scrubs who will never make the team. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He's a passionate guy. Most of his outbursts are related to losing. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

Sacramento is a lousy team in a lousy city. DMC is hurting his "brand" by staying there. However, he's extremely loyal. Hell, he's got a "loyalty" tattoo, and that's the name of his clothing line. He wants to make Sacramento great again, not bail for an easier opportunity. That's not what guys just collecting a paycheck do.

He wants to make Sacramento great again???? Maybe that is the problem. When was Sacramento ever great? If he is trying to lead Sacramento to greatness then he is more an epic fail than the guy who really invented the great again slogan will be on November 8.

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's loyal to a fault. Think KG in Minnesota, with much worse management.

Or the ownership let him do whatever he wants and placate his adolescent on court behaviour.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 08:52:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He wants to make Sacramento great again???? Maybe that is the problem. When was Sacramento ever great? If he is trying to lead Sacramento to greatness then he is more an epic fail than the guy who really invented the great again slogan will be on November 8.

Respectfully, you're as uninformed about Cousins as you are about politics. (Trump didn't invent that slogan; Margaret Thatcher used it in 1950, Reagan used it in 1980, etc.)

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Or the ownership let him do whatever he wants and placate his adolescent on court behaviour.

They sure did a great job of placating him when they fired Mike Malone and didn't offer IT a halfway decent contract
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
If Cousins does go on the market, it will be interesting to see who our competition is.  Got to think the Lakers will be in it but mostly I'd think it would be contenders.  I don't know if the Cavs would offer Irving for Cousins but I would.

Don't think the Lakers would give up Russell and either Randle or Ingram for Cousins, considering Walton is still a young rookie head coach. Got to believe we're the best place for him, plus Cousins probably has some say in where he gets traded, or at least some slack considering how long he has preserved to stay in Kings, and not demand a trade.

By the way, if the Cavs offer Irving for Cousins, I hope the GM gets fired.

Lebron was the main reason they won, but Irving was also the 2nd best thing the Cavs needed, plus his dagger 3 point shot in game 7 was the final touch necessary to knock them down.

they'd have to give up Russell, Ingram, and one or two of Randle/Clarkson/Nance to even get a discussion imo.
So what would your offer be that would be that make the Lakers offer so much?   

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Respectfully, you're as uninformed about Cousins as you are about politics. (Trump didn't invent that slogan; Margaret Thatcher used it in 1950, Reagan used it in 1980, etc.)

If Thatcher used it in 1950 she definitely was ahead of her time :)

As to who owns the phrase Donald Trump strongly disagrees with you, he believes he invented it. I guess it is one more of his lies. Anyway, the post was not about politics or Cousins, it was about Sacramento. When exactly was that team great?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:34:14 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

They sure did a great job of placating him when they fired Mike Malone and didn't offer IT a halfway decent contract

Or when they hired George Karl without consulting Cousins. Or when they kept Karl around even after he tried to organize a mutiny in his own locker room, simply due to money.

If Sactown is placating Cousins, they're doing the worst job of it ever.

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

As to who owns the phrase Donald Trump strongly disagrees with you, he believes he invented it. I guess it is one more of his lies. Anyway, the post was not about politics or Cousins, it was about Sacramento. When exactly was that team great?

I assume he meant the Webber / Divac team that was screwed in the WCF team. They won 61 games, which is pretty great.

Quote from: Boogie
Since I’ve been here, I’ve grown an attachment to the city, like, the way these people treat me, the love they give out to me, and vice versa,” Cousins said to Dave. “I feel like I have an attachment, and it’s something that I do owe to this city. I want to be the person to bring this city back to the glory days. I want to grow myself and this city all together. I want to bring us back to those glory days. So, that’s where I’m at with it. This is like a personal vendetta for me.”

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 10:10:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So, I just checked their schedule, and here's the first 25 games:

@ Suns
vs Spurs b2b
vs Twolves
@ Hawks
@ Heat b2b
@ Magic
@ Bucks
@ Raptors b2b
vs Pelicans
vs Lakers
@ Blazers b2b
vs Spurs
vs Clippers
vs Raptors
vs Thunder
vs Houston
@ Nets
@ Wizards b2b
@ 76ers
@ Celtics
@ Knicks
@ Mavs
vs Knicks
@ Jazz b2b
vs Lakers

With that schedule, I can see them falling anywhere between an optimistic record of 8-17 or a pessimistic record of 4-21. Either way, that'd put them halfway through December and virtually out of the playoff race. If combined with the Nets also sucking pretty badly, that seems like a perfect recipe for Cousins finally being traded.

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 10:38:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I assume he meant the Webber / Divac team that was screwed in the WCF team. They won 61 games, which is pretty great.

Quote from: Boogie
Since I’ve been here, I’ve grown an attachment to the city, like, the way these people treat me, the love they give out to me, and vice versa,” Cousins said to Dave. “I feel like I have an attachment, and it’s something that I do owe to this city. I want to be the person to bring this city back to the glory days. I want to grow myself and this city all together. I want to bring us back to those glory days. So, that’s where I’m at with it. This is like a personal vendetta for me.”

Sacramento Gold Rush of 1848?
Yup