Author Topic: jackson discussion  (Read 3091 times)

Re: jackson discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
since summer league i have noticed jackson doesn't handle double teams or pressure well  and during pre season he seemed to have trouble with length causing several turnovers and deflections
also picks up the ball at times -a big NO NO
he has crazy vertical ,nice jumper-does he just need work on dribbling skills and time getting used to nba length
again right team as he gets to watch isaiah as rozier did
it is a tough adjustment to nba for guards
what is jacksons upside?

Built like a fire plug, good lateral, has a lot of potential as a defender.

Good stroke; gets shoulder, elbow, and wrist nicely lined up in a smooth motion.

Upside? Backup NBA 3-and D point, at least.

Plenty of criticism of him over-dribbling; some of that is being careful with the ball; we shall see.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Jackson was projected by many mocks to be a top 20 pick. The fact that he slipped to 45 was too enticing for Danny.

I'm looking at their mock history, and for much of the season he was in the 11-12 range. Interesting, I did not realize he was projected that high.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demetrius-Jackson-7218/mock-draft-history/

Of course, he dropped for a reason so that doesn't make him a steal per se.

Does anyone know why he dropped to much, specifically?

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 06:28:37 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I like him a lot.  He could be really solid in two years time.

He's tough too...fits in as a bulldog!

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
can't remember where I read it but they said they like him because he has been a leader in practices of the rookies and the young players. said he stood out in that regard.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I agree with everyone who likes the pick and that Jackson shouldn't be the one cut. Maybe the league has gotten rid of the dinosaur center, but there will always be a place for solid point guards.

The big change is Marcus Smart has improved at pg and Bradley has gotten better at ball handling and passing. I wonder how he figured that out.

Doc and Brad made the same mistake starting Bradley at pg, but Stevens figured it out sooner. Now I am not so sure Bradley couldn't pinch hit if necessary. I think he had six assists in one game.

I became an Avery Bradley big time believer last year when I noticed he became automatic near the hoop and was finally shooting more like Ray Allen than M.L. Carr.

Crowder made a jump with his shooting?

I am thinking out loud. The point I want to close with is Jackson gives us potential depth at point guard. Zeller is a good trade asset also.

Danny Ainge has improved perhaps the most of everyone. Or he got lucky with the Brooklyn trade.

However, all we have for that trade right now without looking at offshoot trades is Jaylen Brown and the soon to be cut James Young?

We could win 55 games easily as a minimum expectation.

We can speculate on the future. Isaiah's and Avery's contract situations will have to be resolved. A lot could depend on going over the salary cap. We can only imagine how players will develop.

Maybe we will get DeMarcus Cousins at mid-season.

Ainge is a genius. Demetrius Jackson is a small example of how good our team has become. That's a solid player for the fifteen guy on a roster.

If Isaiah got injured, and Rozier, Smart and Bradley were incompetent at pg, we'd still win games by calling up Jackson from Maine.

Danny's starting to stretch out his rights to a number of players beyond the 15 allowed.

This is a great time to be a Celtics fan, as long as you don't panic and expect it all at once. Just sit back and enjoy.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 09:23:07 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Jackson is definitely an nba player. I'm surprised at how much pressure seems to bother him so far, but he easily has the tools to beat it so I don't anticipate lingering issues there. Otherwise, good shooter, creator and passer. Needs to continue to work but he'll make it in the league as solid backup at least.

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I like DJ, from what I've seen of him. He can shoot, and he brings the ball up and passes well as a PG. In fact, I like him better than Hunter, with his waist high 3 shot, and Young, the young underachiever. I hope he sticks behind Rozier, who has a chance to blossom if he gets the PT.