Author Topic: Would you trade Thomas for Brandon Ingram  (Read 4691 times)

Re: Would you trade Thomas for Brandon Ingram
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 02:22:37 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Yeah, maybe I am underrating Thomas.

Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing player. He's a crafty finisher, uses his body and the apex of his jump to create head first contact with shot blockers to force or create contact. He is also nimble, and uses off speed moves to get him to where he needs to go. I'm not in the same committee that assumes Thomas would be completely cooked at 32 plus, but I'm not 100% set on offering him that max deal either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_CQVeLwS8\

I guess my question to you is, how much is he worth, and how many years?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 09:56:06 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
This Thomas stuff is starting to bug me.

1. His contract is not up "soon". The C's have 2 full seasons with him before he becomes a free agent. Trading him 2 years before we have to would be senseless even if he weren't as integral to the offense as he is. Calm down.

2. Who are these teams out there that are going to give a 30 year old, undersized PG a max deal in a league flush with PG's? And where were these teams when Thomas was putting up similar numbers as a young man and had to take a below-market offer from Phoenix? The idea that we'll "have to pay big money" to keep Thomas in 2 years is a myth, as far as I can see. Yes, his standing in the league is higher than it was when he was leaving Sacramento but no one outside of Boston values him more than those within Boston and there's still all this turmoil over not wanting to pay him. I don't think getting him to come back on an affordable deal will be a problem.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Thomas is an allstar. That said, I'd absolutely trade him for Wiggins. That would be amazing if it happened, IMO.
- LilRip