Author Topic: Knicks signed Baker...Maybe the Celtics should have signed Nader  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Maybe because it was 3rd string against 3rd string. But from what I saw against the Knicks, Ron Baker might become one of the best non-drafted NBA players in some time. Could have been a fluke game. My guess it wasn't. He seemed to be everywhere and his 3 point shooting was off the charts. 

His signing made me think that maybe the Celtics made a mistake not signing Nader. They are similar players in that they both know the game, can shoot and play decent defense. 

My initial impression is the Knicks have quite a find on their hands. 

Re: Knicks signed Baker...Maybe the Celtics should have signed Nader
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Maybe because it was 3rd string against 3rd string. But from what I saw against the Knicks, Ron Baker might become one of the best non-drafted NBA players in some time. Could have been a fluke game. My guess it wasn't. He seemed to be everywhere and his 3 point shooting was off the charts. 

His signing made me think that maybe the Celtics made a mistake not signing Nader. They are similar players in that they both know the game, can shoot and play decent defense. 

You do realize that we still have control over Nader's rights correct?

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

You do realize that we still have control over Nader's rights correct?
'

This, the only difference between Nader, Zizc, and Yabuselle's status with the team is which continent their currently developing on.

The Knicks also aren't looking at near the roster crunch that we are. So much of their cap is tied up into Melo, Rose, Noah, and Courtney Lee they used the rest of their space on cheap vets like Vujacic and promising young guys like Baker and Ndour.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ever hear of roster crunch?  We already having troubling fitting in the last 15th guy.  There would be no point to Nader this year.  Next year, yeah I think he'll get a shot.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Delly 2.0.

Good vision.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
by not signing nader we retain his draft rights -he trains in boston system complete with unlimited three point shooting and plays with jackson and mickey
-its a long season, better playing than sitting at tail of bench
if he kills it up there the celts can sign him and waiver somebody else-

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am happy that we were able to retain control over Nader. By this time next year (or even mid-season), a quantity for quality trade hopefully will have occurred giving guys like Nader (Yab and Zizic will have to wait until the offseason) an opportunity to step up into a role with the Cs. It's unfortunate that Bentil wouldn't agree to a similar situation, but I have a hunch we will get by just fine without him.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 01:36:23 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
Delly 2.0.

Good vision.

Not sure what your post means....Delly 2.0. Did you mean Kelly 2.0? 

Good vision? are you referring to the Knicks or something else?   

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Wichita State has been probably the most overachieving team in the NCAA's the past 4 years, so anyone who regularly watches March Madness should not be surprised about Baker. It should be noted that his Wichita State teammate, Fred Vanvleet, made Toronto's roster. Those two guys consistently outplayed quite a few NBA bound players in a number of high pressure games.

Baker is a sneaky good athlete and a winner.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 02:54:07 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Kuzminskas was the real find for the Knicks.  He played extremely well at both ends of the court and has better size than Baker.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Delly 2.0.

Good vision.

I believe he's referring to Ron Baker reminding him of Mathew Dellavedova, which I'd agree is a fair comparison.

Both have good court vision.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 04:07:31 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
Delly 2.0.

Good vision.

I believe he's referring to Ron Baker reminding him of Mathew Dellavedova, which I'd agree is a fair comparison.

Both have good court vision.

Thank you....

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
Kuzminskas was the real find for the Knicks.  He played extremely well at both ends of the court and has better size than Baker.

Knicks made a few good signings in the off-season then.
Ron Baker, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Courtney Lee, Ron Baker, Justin Holiday,
(I still don't understand why Ainge let Lee go...excellent shooter and defender)

Resigned Sasha Vujacic

Not so sure about these signings G Brandon Jennings, C Marshall Plumlee and C Guillermo Hernangomez (I wasn't all that impressed although he seemed coveted in CB.)

Scal thinks Derrick Rose for one year could be a good deal for the Knicks. Joakim Noah for 4 years will come back to haunt them. He's too injury prone. Maurice Ndour...not sure he was a great signing.   

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Knicks made a few good signings in the off-season then.
Ron Baker, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Courtney Lee, Ron Baker, Justin Holiday,
(I still don't understand why Ainge let Lee go...excellent shooter and defender)

Resigned Sasha Vujacic

Not so sure about these signings G Brandon Jennings, C Marshall Plumlee and C Guillermo Hernangomez (I wasn't all that impressed although he seemed coveted in CB.)

Scal thinks Derrick Rose for one year could be a good deal for the Knicks. Joakim Noah for 4 years will come back to haunt them. He's too injury prone. Maurice Ndour...not sure he was a great signing.

I think they are intriguing too. The game I watched Hernanogomez looked really good. Kuzminksas seems like a guy who will get abused physically once the real action starts.

I like Baker too. Seems like he does a good job fitting in and making plays on both ends.

I hope the Knicks are better than expected. More losses for BKN.

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
 Like what you saw out of Nader better than Young or Hunter .