Author Topic: Celtics waive Bentil  (Read 4575 times)

Re: Celtics waive Bentil
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 09:29:43 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I liked this guy in college, but where he COULD be a primary scorer on a team in college he is not nearly skilled or knowledgeable enough in the NBA.  Maybe he'll develop into a poor man's Kelly O in a few years?

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 05:48:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bentil signed with the Pacers today, for purposes of being an affiliate player for them in the D-League. Notably, he refused the same opportunity with the Celts, despite being given a partially guaranteed deal.

Did the Pacers give him additional guaranteed money? If not, is that a slap in the face to the Celtics?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bentil signed with the Pacers today, for purposes of being an affiliate player for them in the D-League. Notably, he refused the same opportunity with the Celts, despite being given a partially guaranteed deal.

Did the Pacers give him additional guaranteed money? If not, is that a slap in the face to the Celtics?

I'm not sure.  When he was released, it sounded like Ainge told him to look for a job elsewhere.  Seems like it wasn't a good fit all around.

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

That's what i thought at first, but maybe it's that we have such a logjam of bigs, both now and in the future (Kelly, Mickey, small ball Jaylen, Yabu, Zizic), that he felt he never could get an opportunity here. Adam Himmelsbach supports this theory:

On Bentil:Before he was waived he was eager to join Maine & keep learning system. But #s game didn't make sense & that was made clear to him

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/790578120231358464

He wanted to stay, but the logjam and lack of opportunity, both now and in the future, ultimately made him reconsider his options, and make him look for a new team with more chance to get playing time.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Skeptical that Bentil is an NBA player, but I wish him the best. Pretty sure he could score twenty a game in China.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Happy Bentil went elsewhere. He deserves more of an opportunity than this team can offer.

This guy has got a future in this league.