Author Topic: Woj: Celtics offering Young or Hunter for a 2nd  (Read 20872 times)

Re: Woj: Celtics offering Young or Hunter for a 2nd
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And in all seriousness, I'd cut both of them and go sign Kendrick Perkins for his 6 fouls.  He'll be a better end of bench player than either of these two.

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, Perk has been praised as a huge locker room influence everywhere he's been. I'd take him back as a 15th man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
And in all seriousness, I'd cut both of them and go sign Kendrick Perkins for his 6 fouls.  He'll be a better end of bench player than either of these two.

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, Perk has been praised as a huge locker room influence everywhere he's been. I'd take him back as a 15th man.

I would still squeeze a few 2nd rounders or late 1st along with him if possible.

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I would like for both of them to be traded for a true end-of-the-rotation player.

Hunter can be that I feel.  Young is more boom or bust in ways.  Hunter might actually do well as the last guy with young out of the picture. I don't know why I think this but just seems like Hunter is versatile enough for that and is a 3 point bomber.  Maybe I have it backwards.

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Makes sense to me.

Does this team need another locker room influence? I'd rather roll the dice with someone who could become something more.

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2016, 02:16:54 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Frankly

Danny is a better Pirate than a treasure hunter

Other words

He is better at stealing others richs than finding his own.

I guess it does not matter how you end up with great players ,  just as long as you do.

I'd say MS, TR, KO and JB is looking like a pretty good harvest for his last four top picks.

That is, I think Danny is both a hunter and gatherer.
I'm with you. Ainge comes out looking like a genius picking Rozier at 16.

Drafting Rozier should definitely quiet the Danny Ainge draft critics for a while.

No, it won't quiet his critics.I"ll admit the Rozier pick turned out great. However, I'm still upset Ainge signed Mickey for 4 years when it was painfully obvious he was undersized.

Selecting Yab at 16. Are you kidding? With a lot of quality players on the board and a need for rebounding I'm sure there are going to be a lot of regrets.

Regarding Mickey, do you understand how non-guaranteed contracts work?  He's not signed for four years.  He signed for two.  The following two years he will only stick around if he shows something.  If he doesn't, he can be cut at zero cost, or even traded as salary filler on draft that the other team can cut at zero cost.

Good point about the Mickey signing. I have to admit my opinion of Mickey is clouded by seeing him up close in his first preseason game. My initial impression was, 'you've got to be kidding, he doesn't have the size to play center.'

This year, Danny drafts Yabusele and I'm thinking, 'we need rebounding and size. Why is he repeating the same mistake.' Yeah, I know...he can shoot and he's strong, young and stashable.
My opinion of Mickey is clouded because I wanted Richaun Holmes who so far seems to be clearly better. 

No he is not

Based on...

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2016, 03:41:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Frankly

Other words

I guess it does not matter how you end up with great players ,  just as long as you do.

I'd say MS, TR, KO and JB is looking like a pretty good harvest for his last four top picks.

Drafting Rozier should definitely quiet the Danny Ainge draft critics for a while.

No, it won't quiet his critics.I"ll admit the Rozier pick turned out great. However, I'm still upset Ainge signed Mickey for 4 years when it was painfully obvious he was undersized.

Selecting Yab at 16. Are you kidding? With a lot of quality players on the board and a need for rebounding I'm sure there are going to be a lot of regrets.

Regarding Mickey, do you understand how non-guaranteed contracts work?  He's not signed for four years.  He signed for two.  The following two years he will only stick around if he shows something.  If he doesn't, he can be cut at zero cost, or even traded as salary filler on draft that the other team can cut at zero cost.

Good point about the Mickey signing. I have to admit my opinion of Mickey is clouded by seeing him up close in his first preseason game. My initial impression was, 'you've got to be kidding, he doesn't have the size to play center.'

This year, Danny drafts Yabusele and I'm thinking, 'we need rebounding and size. Why is he repeating the same mistake.' Yeah, I know...he can shoot and he's strong, young and stashable.
My opinion of Mickey is clouded because I wanted Richaun Holmes who so far seems to be clearly better. 

No he is not

Based on...

I like Holmes but he has not proven he is better than JM and vice versa.

Too bad Danny took RH , bc we could of picked both JM and Holmes

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2016, 04:01:09 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Frankly

Other words

No he is not

Based on...

I like Holmes but he has not proven he is better than JM and vice versa.

Too bad Danny took RH , bc we could of picked both JM and Holmes

How could you come to that conclusion? You can't even fairly compare Mickey to any one not overseas. You're going to have to let this romance go at some point, triboy. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:07:42 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Bust and Bust

They should have dumped both and kept another Big

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I personally am thrilled to see what the 2035 second rounder we receive for these guys turns into.

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I personally am thrilled to see what the 2035 second rounder we receive for these guys turns into.
in a way, i actually agree. heck, 40% of the starting rotation for the celtics are second round picks.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
When does DA have to make the cuts? Is it by the end of today?

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
When does DA have to make the cuts? Is it by the end of today?

Monday, at either 4 or 5 p.m.

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Shocked that Danny doesn't hit on all his picks.
i don't care when a late 1st like hunter busts.   A borderline lotto pick like young busting is a bit harder to swallow.  But it doesn't sting as much as taking a role player at #6.   Hopefully smart makes a leap.

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
i don't care when a late 1st like hunter busts.   A borderline lotto pick like young busting is a bit harder to swallow.  But it doesn't sting as much as taking a role player at #6.   Hopefully smart makes a leap.
Whether Smart was a good pick depends on his performance versus Randle.  They were clearly the two best choices.  Personally I would have gone for Randle over Smart because I've never thought Smart had star potential. 

I don't mind the Young miss much unless he goes somewhere else and turns into a serviceable player.  After LaVine was gone, I didn't have a strong preference for that pick but I probably would have chosen Capella. 

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Whether Smart was a good pick depends on his performance versus Randle.  They were clearly the two best choices.  Personally I would have gone for Randle over Smart because I've never thought Smart had star potential. 

I don't mind the Young miss much unless he goes somewhere else and turns into a serviceable player.  After LaVine was gone, I didn't have a strong preference for that pick but I probably would have chosen Capella.

Honestly, Randle isnt even that good though. Cant shoot, cant defend, has tunnel vision, no right hand. He's not a good basketball player.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/58umbr/what_is_julius_randles_trade_value/

That's a reddit thread from yesterday. A lot of Lakers fans dont even really like him that much.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about