Poll

Not would the Wolves do it. Would you trade Smart for Lavine if possible

Yes. Kid can Score.
31 (40.8%)
No. Defensive wins.
45 (59.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade Smart for Lavine  (Read 6962 times)

Re: Poll: Would you trade Smart for Lavine
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Tough one. I lean more towards Smart over LaVine. Hard decision though.

Same here. Smart is a gamer though. He's come up big for us when things get tough, and in crucial moments.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 06:35:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why do we need to give up Smart for someone whose production can probably be adequately replicated by Gerald Green?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've liked Lavine since before the draft. He reminds me of a short T-mac, and I think he will be a star on his second contract.

I really like Smart too because he is our guy.

Lavine would be frustrating to watch at times, but between his ability to drive and pull up shot, he will be over a 20 ppg scorer one day.

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Fantasy generation.  I can't believe this is even close.  Smart completely takes Lavine's lunch money if we're talking about actually wining basketball games. 

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
I would do the trade in a heartbeat. IMO, Smart will never be much of an offensive threat. Levine could be a 20+ scorer. We have more than adequate team defense , I'll take the "O" Alex for $500 please. 
Marcus is only going to get thicker and slower as his career goes on ,hence, even MORE injuries , he should have went into football, he would have made a great linebacker... just sayin' 8)

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm defensive minded when it comes to NBA teams. The Cavs won a championship by being bulldog defenders. But defense only wins...if you score more point than the opponent.

We have players who can really defend, it's almost redundant. Amir and Horford are regarded as more than solid defenders around the league, AB is 1st team all defense. Rozier, Crowder and Smart all well respected for their D. Brown also looks like he'll be an excellent defender.

I think we're gonna have to get our head around the fact that to get another true scorer, and take the next step, we may have to part with one of the Celtic nations favorite players. Some are not gonna like it.   

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Why do we need to give up Smart for someone whose production can probably be adequately replicated by Gerald Green?

This was also my first thought, but I think we are looking down the road, not just this season. Lavine has that 'potential' that Smart just doesn't seem to have. If we are content staying the course with Smart as our third guard, then I am fine with that. If we are content giving up a solid rotation player for one who could fizzle out (or explode), then I would be fine with that, too.

Danny seems like a gambling man, though; if the offer were on the table, I think he would go for it.

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 10:58:34 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Nope.  Not even close.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I would do the trade in a heartbeat. IMO, Smart will never be much of an offensive threat. Levine could be a 20+ scorer. We have more than adequate team defense , I'll take the "O" Alex for $500 please. 
Marcus is only going to get thicker and slower as his career goes on ,hence, even MORE injuries , he should have went into football, he would have made a great linebacker... just sayin' 8)

How does stepping on a dudes ankle have anything to do with him getting "thicker"?

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

How does stepping on a dudes foot have anything to do with him getting "thicker"?

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 11:28:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Smart is a leader. Lavine isn't.

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 12:27:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
LaVine will want far more money and get far more if current conditions continue. As such Smart is the better fit for now

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 01:35:28 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Smart is polarizing -- he sometimes looks like he could make a nice leap, has several qualities easy to like, etc. Lavine is similar in that regard imo, and Smart fits our culture so well.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 05:50:56 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

Lavine is one of the only players from that class that was potentially better than Smart.

Interesting trade proposal - but I didn't vote because of what you added to the poll. Consider:

1. Brad said a few days ago that Smart is their 'sixth starter'. It's probably fair to say that they value him more than the average CB poster does.

2. Good offense is more than good FG shooting. For instance, it includes getting to the line and making FT's, both of which Marcus was very good at last year.  For another instance, it includes making plays for teammates with a low TO rate - which Marcus also did very well last year.

3. As Red said of Danny, he picked him because he's an 'instigator'. Smart is that for sure. Gets into guys, mixes it up, makes things happen, leader on the floor.

I think Smart is a Celtic.

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
The Celtics are basically about defense. Smart is at the core of their defense. I would hesitate to trade anybody at the core of their defense, unless it was for an impact player. I don't think Levine is an impact player at this point.