8 (34.8%)
RJ Huntah is stupid
0 (0%)
D. Jax is a potential all-star
1 (4.3%)
Give Mickey a run!
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: ... Fall of Jimmy Young  (Read 2533 times)

Re: ... Fall of Jimmy Young
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wish that new CBA rule could come into play this year.

For those that haven't heard yet:

Two-way contracts between the NBA and NBA Development League will offer teams the chance to add 16th and 17th roster spots, and pay players differently based upon their assignments in either the league’s minor league or as part of the parent team, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-nba-players-association-push-closer-to-new-cba-224612785.html

TP for the find, that is good news, could help alleviate the roster crunch next year when we're presumably adding Zizic, Yabs, Nader, and Brooklyn '17.

Tp to allda for the find and kraid for responding exactly how I was going to respond. It's a bummer we can't keep them all this year, but it's unlikely Hunter/Young become a superstar.

Yeah, I saw that too, but I'm not too excited.  I would be surprised if it worked for 1st round rookie contracts.  Maybe it can be used on a second round pick (like Nader), but it's more likely that it will help teams keep the Chris Babbs of the world around a little easier.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I like Kelly better than either of them, based on that one video I saw where he torched the Celtics for 20 pts last year as a Laker.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 12:15:17 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Two-way contracts between the NBA and NBA Development League will offer teams the chance to add 16th and 17th roster spots, and pay players differently based upon their assignments in either the league’s minor league or as part of the parent team, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-nba-players-association-push-closer-to-new-cba-224612785.html

TP for the find, that is good news, could help alleviate the roster crunch next year when we're presumably adding Zizic, Yabs, Nader, and Brooklyn '17.

Tp to allda for the find and kraid for responding exactly how I was going to respond. It's a bummer we can't keep them all this year, but it's unlikely Hunter/Young become a superstar.

Yeah, I saw that too, but I'm not too excited.  I would be surprised if it worked for 1st round rookie contracts.  Maybe it can be used on a second round pick (like Nader), but it's more likely that it will help teams keep the Chris Babbs of the world around a little easier.

Could be. Depends on the details, I guess. If these 2-way deals can be negotiated so that first-round picks are able to get all their guaranteed money, it is more plausible they can be included.

Regardless, we need a real minor-league system.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 01:08:46 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

It would be helpful if 1st round picks also qualified, but you've read otherwise? Who is responsible for "paying higher salaries to [parent- vs. d-league-teams]"?  Makes sense to limit the rule to 2nd rounders in some scenarios -- article barely touches upon it. But yeah, doubt many teams fuss over 16th and 17th positions, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:24:15 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC