Author Topic: green stays and brad uses him  (Read 2896 times)

Re: green stays and brad uses him
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green will get regular min 5-10 a game. And if he is hot more mins.  Likely will be used in the same way thornton was. In a hole to get a bucket, send in Green to launch shots

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 12:53:33 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Green will get 2nd unit minutes while Smart is out and may even get 2nd unit minutes when Smart returns (with Brown playing the 4)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I watched Green on defense, and he got picked off every single time.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
just finished an article and it gave how much time green had missed of training camp and then how rusty he was and getting game legs
moiso thinks i have an obsession with green- i countered with a fondness for people that are uber athletic,can hit a three and get to hoop
all that stuff about james young and rj was getting to me
green has 10yrs nba experience,can get to spots and create-
he may be 30 but a young 30
my memory is filled with james youngs slowness bringing ball up ,or how he bulldozes a guy on a break because he has no right hand ,then the back door cuts and two guys getting behind him for easy layups
then there are greens pull ups bang, assists and euro step even after being hit but having enough lift to finish shot

i think green was a steal at vets minimum and i am not alone in thinking
he is a weapon or as brad says scary in how quickly he can put points on board
the celts needed athleticism and speed -do young and rj fit that

lets say down 15,you need a scorer,a shooter that can put on points quick
remember marcus thorton-he did a good job-that will be greens job
green can be mixed in with both first and second team-
young and rj would get exploited
young could fill out further and become a player,rj and his physique and they both lack speed

so green is a no brainer to help win games now
-could you with a straight face say you could trust young or rj against real nba talent-

The 2008 Celtics had Cassell and Eddie House. Phil Pressey wasn't a scorer, but when we were down points and dragging, more often than not Phil would wake up the team.

Rollie mentions Thornton. I can't think of a player other than Bogans who didn't improve under Brad Stevens. Gerald Wallace even won us a game or two.

I think Green and Brown will compete for the spark plug minutes. It could be a type of Marquis Daniels versus Tony Allen who do we go with choice. Maybe there is room for both to play key parts in the rotation. I think cynics should give Green a chance. I bet he'll sublimate his game to fit in. We have the best coach and since getting Ray and KG, the best GM. This team is going places and Gerald Green will most likely be a part of it. This isn't Perry Jones Part 2. He'll either be a key cog like Thornton or Turner or more of a Pressey, dust him off and let's see what he can do. But I doubt he goes anywhere. If he's not fitting in but is still decent, then he gets traded. Or he stays and is on the title team and goes to duck parades and everyone loves him.

This roster goes eleven or twelve deep for players deserving minutes. That should keep everyone hungry. The bottom line is wins. I can't wait.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Green is established as a bench player who comes in and provides instant 3s. His production fell off last year, but I suspect he hasn't lost anything. He is 3 pointers off the bench, plus a few highlight dunks. Defense is why he isn't an all-star.

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
with marcus hampered or out and olynck out
 that 2nd unit is going to need scoring and the threat of someone hitting the three to spread the court,green shooting and ability to create will be critical for the 2nd unit

james may have made the cut but he is scary bad on defense
jaylen has to hit
our 2nd unit is young and untested -green and jerebko the vets-
there has been speculation that kelly's shot may suffer using avery as an example
i would prefer using kevin love
again green is critical
hope james is up to the task and hits his shots