Author Topic: Does RJ have adj over Young for the final spot?  (Read 4001 times)

Re: Does RJ have adj over Young for the final spot?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 10:32:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When is the deadline to set the roster ?

5 pm today

What a nice day for hunter or young

I think young will be waived.... 

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95

When is the deadline to set the roster ?

5 pm today

What a nice day for hunter or young

I think young will be waived....

It's Hunter's Birthday

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Keep young! I'm not a young fan but he's younger and has shown more potential than RJ.
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't really care who they pick either way. Regardless of who gets kept neither RJ nor Young will be on the team at this time next year.

Young makes more money, which means if we traded him he could bring back more salary. I think that will be a big point in Young's favor.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:10 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
ah, if only we could keep young's body and hunter's brain, then put the together. it could  result in a nice basketball player.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't really care who they pick either way. Regardless of who gets kept neither RJ nor Young will be on the team at this time next year.

Young makes more money, which means if we traded him he could bring back more salary. I think that will be a big point in Young's favor.

It depends if the Celtics plan to pick up the option of whomever they keep.  If they do, I bet they kept Hunter, who will make $1.5 million less than Young next season.  If they don't, then Young as slightly better salary filler, as you suggest.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
They are playing about the same level so the edge should go to Young given his age.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

It depends if the Celtics plan to pick up the option of whomever they keep.  If they do, I bet they kept Hunter, who will make $1.5 million less than Young next season.  If they don't, then Young as slightly better salary filler, as you suggest.
If they are to sign a max free agent next offseason wouldn't they need to not have RJ or Young on the roster to have enough salary cap space?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Woj just tweeted Young got the spot.

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Woj just tweeted Young got the spot.
is it weird that i'm happy about that?

Edit: TP for the info
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/790583926888796160

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 7m7 minutes ago

Sources: With Young winning job, Boston wasn't able to unload RJ Hunter for a second-round pick. Celtics had to waive Hunter today.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

If they are to sign a max free agent next offseason wouldn't they need to not have RJ or Young on the roster to have enough salary cap space?

It depends on the cap, if the CBA changes max contracts, what the cap hold is for our Brooklyn pick, etc.  The $1.5 million could have mattered.  My gut says Young doesn't get his option picked up next week, but I'm curious to see if I'm correct.

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
No.

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

It depends on the cap, if the CBA changes max contracts, what the cap hold is for our Brooklyn pick, etc.  The $1.5 million could have mattered.  My gut says Young doesn't get his option picked up next week, but I'm curious to see if I'm correct.

I'm back and forth on this. Gut feeling? He gets it picked up with the idea that he could be dumped easily if need be.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I'm back and forth on this. Gut feeling? He gets it picked up with the idea that he could be dumped easily if need be.

I'm back and forth as well.  The CBA is close to a finished deal, so that should take some cap uncertainties out of the equation. That could either help or hurt Young, of course, depending if it's a certainty the C's will need every penny, or a certainty that at a minimum they could amnesty Young.  But in general the more Ainge and Co. know about their 2017 cap scenario, the less risk in keeping Young, unless it means it's 100% clear his salary will get in the way.

So yeah.. I guess what I'm saying is I think the way the cap will come out it's highly likely Young's option would get in the way, even if Mickey and Jackson are also let go/dumped.  Part of the advantage of the C's negotiating position last summer was that they didn't need to make any move to create the space.