Author Topic: Does RJ have adj over Young for the final spot?  (Read 4025 times)

Does RJ have adj over Young for the final spot?
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reason: cbs knows rj from his college days. Tried to recruit him to play for Butler. Prob asked or recommended Danny to grab him at 28.

While Young finally looks decent this season (driving in more, surer shooting stroke, higher effort on the defensive end), maybe its a little too late.

From SL to end of pre season, both have performed ok and neither has really stood out.

I think RJ will be kept with Young either traded or waived.

Re: Does RJ have adj over Young for the final spot?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:43:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I think so, but maybe I'm wrong.  If two guys appear to be about equal at this point, and cons of keeping may offset each other (i.e., RJ's age versus Young's larger salary), then I'd guess the prospect that is well-known will be kept over the one with questionable character traits (e.g., motivation, lack of aggression).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think so, but maybe I'm wrong.  If two guys appear to be about equal at this point, and cons of keeping may offset each other (i.e., RJ's age versus Young's larger salary), then I'd guess the prospect that is well-known will be kept over the one with questionable character traits (e.g., motivation, lack of aggression).

Young still may not have hit his peak yet. And if he ever does, danny and cbs could be kicking themselves in the head.  Young has progressed from year to year though it has been at a slow pace

RJ imo is a done product.  He could improve his strength and definitely has to have his shot down pat (which is crazy bc this is what he was suppose to be known to be good at)

All of this could be tricky if Ainge was the one that took the risk and grabbed Young at 17th and cbs favors Hunter a tad more.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
They've played pretty even, and Young is a couple of years younger. The fact that Young has started to show improvement, and is still quite young, should probably give him the edge.

I could see either one of them being traded for a 2nd round pick, which is kind of sad.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:25:36 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I don't think Danny wants to outright cut either one of these guys...  I think whoever he cant get a deal done for will be the one who stays.. 

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I love Hunter. I thought he would be a rotation player and I was WRONG. I'm really disappointed in his YOY growth. I think Young and him are pretty even right now as we speak. So it's pretty obvious to me they should pick Young.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
I'd keep Young over Hunter personally.  He's younger, a bit more athletic, and appears to have improved in the offseason whereas Hunter looks the same as he did last year.

Young appears to have finally approached a summer with some urgency, and the results are apparent.  He can actually drive a little bit now... plays with more balance and control.  Footwork has improved.  Right hand has improved a bit.  I think he's the better project at this point.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd keep Young over Hunter personally.  He's younger, a bit more athletic, and appears to have improved in the offseason whereas Hunter looks the same as he did last year.

Young appears to have finally approached a summer with some urgency, and the results are apparent.  He can actually drive a little bit now... plays with more balance and control.  Footwork has improved.  Right hand has improved a bit.  I think he's the better project at this point.

Yes. And another way to weigh value is, if Young was waived, I think someone will snatch him up quickly. While this might not be the case for Hunter

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Cut Green and keep both Young and RJ, problem solved.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 05:32:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yes. And another way to weigh value is, if Young was waived, I think someone will snatch him up quickly. While this might not be the case for Hunter

Let's not get crazy here... Young definitively sucks.  No one is looking to quickly snatch him up. Regardless, Mickey should arguably be cut before either of them. 

Your posts would carry more weight if they weren't entirely grounded on your subjective opinion, Triboy.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:38:27 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Cut Green and keep both Young and RJ, problem solved.
Green has already peaked and is declining.  Hunter and Young are still ascending. Keep them and move green and bentil

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Preseason stats:

Hunter: 14.3 MPG .444/.304/.769  7 pts/1.9 FTA/1.4 reb/1.6 ast/.1 blk/.9 stl/1 PF/1.1 TO
Young:  17 MPG    .438/.353/.714 5.6 pts/1 FTA/3.6 reb/1 ast/.1 blk/.6 stl/1.7 PF/1.3 TO

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
When is the deadline to set the roster ?

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Today, but I guess you are asking for the precise hour?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:22 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95

5 pm today