Author Topic: The Warrior's Cavs Rematch. Who you got?  (Read 3318 times)

The Warrior's Cavs Rematch. Who you got?
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:32:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I'm a big-time Celtic Homer, but I would be Semi shocked, barring injury to see anything but, a Warrior's Vs Cavs Rematch.

The Warrior's should beat the crap out of the in Five games, but that's probably not how it will go down. It actually would be hilarious if they lost, but I just don't want to see Lebron get five or six rings.

Jordan was and always is better. I'd like to make the argument easy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:10:46 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: The Warrior's Cavs Rematch. Who you got?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:15 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They'll probably win in 6 like '14-15.  LBJ needs more to beat them.  Ironically, though, Durant basically solidified LBJ's legacy with that move... LBJ probably comes out the winner. Two great talents, lame era to battle for all-time great status.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Cavs should win in a 7-game series if both teams are healthy.

Gonna enjoy watching the Warriors struggle with a lack of bench players/not a deep team outside of their starters.

But ofc, it's going to be the Celtics meeting the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:03:32 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
the warriors are definitely gonna win in at most 6

but, if the cavs win, obviously that's another pretty significant boost to lebron's resume and his legacy. i already can't hate on lebron anymore. imagine if he beats this warriors team.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 02:22:39 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
Cavs in 7. 

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 02:35:12 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Without injuries it's pretty hard to see how the Cavs would win. Probably should be warriors in 5 but ref shaninigans will probably make it 6. The Warriors already didn't have bogut for half that series and Barnes was invisible. How does getting durant not move the needle 2 games?

Edit: it's also worth noting the only player on the warriors in decline is Iggy. We can argue about the degree but Lebron is also getting up there.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
Without injuries it's pretty hard to see how the Cavs would win. Probably should be warriors in 5 but ref shaninigans will probably make it 6. The Warriors already didn't have bogut for half that series and Barnes was invisible. How does getting durant not move the needle 2 games?

Edit: it's also worth noting the only player on the warriors in decline is Iggy. We can argue about the degree but Lebron is also getting up there.
Visualize Lebron and Irving driving the lane at will.  Lebron just carried the Cavs to the championship from a 3-1 deficit.  I think he'll have 2 or 3 more years before he shows any significant decline.  The Cavs have said they'll manage his minutes so he'll be rested for the playoffs. 

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:16:21 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Edge to Warriors, but if the Cavs cruise to the finals and the Warriors have a few long series then I say Cavs.

Like Barkley says, you can't consistently win only shooting jumpers, you need rebounding, and you need to handle the physical toll through the playoffs. If Iggys back stays bad LeBron will get the rim again at will again, Kryie may torch Curry again, KD may choke again, and TT (and Love?) may bully them in the paint again.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 03:45:31 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Edge to Warriors, but if the Cavs cruise to the finals and the Warriors have a few long series then I say Cavs.

Like Barkley says, you can't consistently win only shooting jumpers, you need rebounding, and you need to handle the physical toll through the playoffs. If Iggys back stays bad LeBron will get the rim again at will again, Kryie may torch Curry again, KD may choke again, and TT (and Love?) may bully them in the paint again.

Dubs in 5
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 04:03:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cavs won in the final minute of Game 7 thanks to a superhuman effort from possibly the greatest player to ever live.  Adding another MVP to the mix oughta push golden state over the top

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 04:29:51 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Remember how bad Harrison Barnes played in the finals?  He's been replaced by Durant.  Golden State wins easily.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 06:13:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Today, I would pick the Cavs, once the Warriors mesh I pick them.   The preseason games, I saw they have some growing pains but I think once they get there they will be the better team.   

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 06:17:01 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
So much water to go under the bridge until this 'might' happen. GSW are the short priced favourite for a reason and would win in 6 games should it happen. There, I said it, but the Celtics could have beaten the Cavs in the conference final. GSW v Cavs is the most likely final I suppose but it is still a long way away.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I would expect the Warriors to win, but I wouldn't write the Cavs off, as I think they still have some matchup advantages, Curry doesn't like physicality, and Durant chokes a lot in big games.  I could certainly see the Cavs just making the series an 80's style street fight, which outside of Green would heavily weigh against the Warriors.  The Cavs obviously can't employ the same strategy they used the last two finals i.e. muscle up Curry and Thompson and just leave everyone else open because Durant is not Barnes, but I would expect something similar with James taking Durant 1 on 1 defensively. 

And I disagree with the notion that the Warriors aren't that deep.  They have the Big 4, but then have Zaza, Iggy, West, Varejao, Livingston and deeper than that McCaw, McAdoo, Jones, maybe Looney will be back, McGee is possible, etc.  If they are healthy they have that quality 5 after the big 4, that is plenty for the playoffs, and one of the young guys may impress. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:41:59 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Warriors are favorites. Adding Durant ensures that.

The Cavs had a poor off-season. They added Dunleavy, but lost Delly, Mozgov and Mo Williams. They didn't have any wiggle room to downgrade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes