Author Topic: Jackie Macmullan hinting that LaMarcus Aldridge could be traded  (Read 15908 times)

Jackie Macmullan hinting that LaMarcus Aldridge could be traded
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Not sure if anyone just saw it on Early Edition...it's not necessarily directly Celtics related, but it's certainly an interesting tidbit.

Jackie Mac said that her sources are telling her that LaMarcus Aldridge could be traded as soon as this upcoming trade deadline.  She couldn't give specific reasons, but she did say that the Spurs front office feels he hasn't fit in San Antonio like they were hoping, that the 67 wins was a bit of a mirage, and there are "some issues" with him behind closed doors, to the point where she's not even sure if she would want him in a Cs uniform.  I've never been the biggest LaMarcus Aldridge fan, so I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but it's definitely a bigger name to just simply watch out for to be traded in 3-4 months.

Cs related though, she said that she's heard that the Cs, along with other GMs and scouts around the league, like Terry Rozier A LOT.  The team is expecting some big things from him this year.

Re: Jackie Macmullan hinting that LaMarcus Aldridge could be traded
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Lowe was positing that he could be traded, too. He said it was unlikely, but if they underperformed a bit this year, then Pop would look to start building the core around some younger guys closer to Leonard's age.

Sounds like we'd be a good fit for him. I'd love to pair him with Horford. Our offense would be fixed for sure.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:48 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
San Antonio are on the lookout for a next generation PG too.. they probably would take a Smart, Rozier deal.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Liked the part about Rozier A LOT!!

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Maybe it's all LA but I actually think it's probably most dependent on how the old heads look.  If Manu and Parker look washed like they very well could they might want to trade LA to get what they can for a rebuild.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I don't think Aldridge is the best option for us considering we have Horford already. I don't think he fills a major need for us at this point.

Interesting that she hints about locker room/personality issues with Aldridge, to the point that she may not even want him here either. I wonder what it is, I never heard much about him as a poor locker room/attitude player before.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Maybe it's all LA but I actually think it's probably most dependent on how the old heads look.  If Manu and Parker look washed like they very well could they might want to trade LA to get what they can for a rebuild.

That's what I figure. He's not exactly young, and if they don't see themselves beating GS in the next 2-3 years, then they might as well rebuild now and get something for him.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't think Aldridge is the best option for us considering we have Horford already. I don't think he fills a major need for us at this point.

Respectfully disagree. I think his game would translate amazingly well on our club and alongside Horford. I also feel that inside is where Cleveland and Golden State are vulnerable and having a Horford/Aldridge duo would be a major advantage vs both of them. Now the sticking point would be what he would actually cost to obtain.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Interesting that she hints about locker room/personality issues with Aldridge, to the point that she may not even want him here either. I wonder what it is, I never heard much about him as a poor locker room/attitude player before.

Really? I actually think Aldridge would be nearly as good of a fit as Cousins for us, other than the age factor. We'd have so much spacing and shooting while still having a top four or five defense.

EDIT: And his age would seemingly limit his trade value and how much it would cost to get him. It'll still be high, but not as high as someone like Boogie.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:43 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I looked it up and he seems to have a 15% trade kicker too.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 08:28:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Really? I actually think Aldridge would be nearly as good of a fit as Cousins for us, other than the age factor. We'd have so much spacing and shooting while still having a top four or five defense.

EDIT: And his age would seemingly limit his trade value and how much it would cost to get him. It'll still be high, but not as high as someone like Boogie.

As far as age goes, he's 31, yes, but his game has never been predicated on athleticism. Instead, he combines a very high skill set/finesse style with incredible length. He's pretty much automatic from mid-range, even more than Horford, and his release point is so high that it makes his shot nearly unblockable. He's also excellent in the post (one side in particular, but I forget which one).

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

As far as age goes, he's 31, yes, but his game has never been predicated on athleticism. Instead, he combines a very high skill set/finesse style with incredible length. He's pretty much automatic from mid-range, even more than Horford, and his release point is so high that it makes his shot nearly unblockable. He's also excellent in the post (one side in particular, but I forget which one).

And similar to Horford, in the last couple of years he extended his range to the three point line, too. I think we'd easily have the best offense for a Boston team since probably the Bird era. I don't think the Big Three teams of KG, PP, and RA were as offensively balanced and strong as adding LMA would be for us.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 08:41:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Man, you guys are convincing me!! If his attitude locker room issues that she hinted at are ok, then I hope we go for him!

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rather have Boogie

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I saw this earlier and it would be AMAZING! I am not sure what the cost would be. It certainly sounds like Rozier would need to be included; hopefully he will be having a breakout season by the deadline. I would prefer to trade Zeller and JJ, but understand if they want Amir (although if they are rebuilding, it shouldn't matter).

Other than those guys, should we be expecting a BKN pick? Brown? I know he is older, but Aldridge is one of the top bigs in the league and should have a number of productive seasons left. Price and not disrupting our chemistry would be important, especially if the deal is done in-season. His contract is also still under the old salary structure.