Author Topic: Nets (1-3) at Celtics (4-1) Preseason Game #6 10/17/16  (Read 31084 times)

Re: Nets (1-3) at Celtics (4-1) Preseason Game #6 10/17/16
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What exactly is the point of another preseason game against the Nets?
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I just want to say and put on record that this Nets team might be the worst assembled roster of all time. Seriously. 1 Lopez injury away from that for sure. Either way, it's a great year to own their pick.

Simply by having a handful of competent NBA players, including a quality pick and roll ballhandler, plus a top 50 player in Brook Lopez, they are miles better than last year's Sixers roster.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There is no point in any of these games except to prepare for live action.  That said, the NBA pre-season is probably a game or 2 too long.  4-5 games should do it.  That would leave more calendar time to reduce the number of back-to-backs.

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
There is no point in any of these games except to prepare for live action.  That said, the NBA pre-season is probably a game or 2 too long.  4-5 games should do it.  That would leave more calendar time to reduce the number of back-to-backs.

I'm desperate enough for basketball that I don't even mind the excessive preseason games, but playing the Nets TWICE in preseason on top of opening the season against the Nets starts to make this feel like baseball where two teams play each other four or five times in a row.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95

I'm desperate enough for basketball that I don't even mind the excessive preseason games, but playing the Nets TWICE in preseason on top of opening the season against the Nets starts to make this feel like baseball where two teams play each other four or five times in a row.

They play the Nets and Knicks so much in preseason due to their location.  They don't want teams traveling much in preseason.  I was surprised that they played Charlotte this year.  With that in mind, having them open the season against the Nets was probably uncalled for. 

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

They play the Nets and Knicks so much in preseason due to their location.  They don't want teams traveling much in preseason.  I was surprised that they played Charlotte this year.  With that in mind, having them open the season against the Nets was probably uncalled for.

Hey I like winning game 1.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 05:17:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Hey I like winning game 1.

Hey now don't jinx us lol Remember the first game last year against Philly? That was supposed to be an easy win, yet we played around with them and only won the game in the last few minutes.

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yeah I get the regional thing in pre-season, but I would prefer to open against ANYONE else.

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Fingers crossed I can see it on my dubious LP .   So far I'm 1 for 3 .  The programming logic escapes me.

Still nothing from Direct tv. They keep saying att still doesn't have a deal with the nba but will b4 season starts.

Angers me to no end. Also, worries me a bit. Who knows if they will get it resolved before the season starts.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fingers crossed I can see it on my dubious LP .   So far I'm 1 for 3 .  The programming logic escapes me.

Still nothing from Direct tv. They keep saying att still doesn't have a deal with the nba but will b4 season starts.

Angers me to no end. Also, worries me a bit. Who knows if they will get it resolved before the season starts.

Whelp just checked , I see tonight's game appears to be scheduled for my area .....it magically is now listed .   .....one never knows for sure.

Walk the dogs and check the beer supply and I'll be ready . :D

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I use the broadband and had zero problems last year direct from the NBA but I have 50 MG down.   It is not available for me yet, either.  This is bordering ridiculous.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
TP for a reliable stream...

You know I'm getting really sick of cable's media stranglehold

NBA.com should offer pay-per-view.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

http://www.streamhd.eu/nba/brooklyn-nets-vs-boston-celtics-live-stream-256.php

Bummer news about KO today. I'm happy with him taking as much time as he needs to get ready.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

http://www.streamhd.eu/nba/brooklyn-nets-vs-boston-celtics-live-stream-256.php

Bummer news about KO today. I'm happy with him taking as much time as he needs to get ready.

TP!

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Lol at the respectful business handshakes between IT and the starters at the intros..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.