Author Topic: Ingram  (Read 15895 times)

Re: Ingram
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2016, 12:08:13 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Exactly.  It's the difference between perceiving a player to have undeniable potential (Ingram/Wiggins) and perceiving a player to have undeniable potential potential (perry/Jaylen).   The good news is, none of that matters.  Boston took Jaylen 3rd at the top of the 3rd tier of prospects.  They clearly believe in his potential to reach his potential.   I hope they are right.  I have faith. And I'm not too disappointed to see Ingram outplay him in preseason despite being a year younger.  That's partially why ingram was believed to be a higher class prospect.

I'm not getting your point. There is no such thing as "potential potentiall". 

Yes there is.  I just created it.  I speak for all of us when I say I hope Jaylen reaches his potential potential.

You all playing checkers lb playing chess. Respect the knowledge
There is such a thing as "unknown unknowns".  I figure potential potential must be some sort of 4th dimensional superstar particle.  Almost as elusive as the God particle.
I believe this also
If lb says it I believe. I believe.  Its crazy but I believe.    <channeling my best young Natalie Wood> 

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2016, 12:58:29 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Exactly.  It's the difference between perceiving a player to have undeniable potential (Ingram/Wiggins) and perceiving a player to have undeniable potential potential (perry/Jaylen).   The good news is, none of that matters.  Boston took Jaylen 3rd at the top of the 3rd tier of prospects.  They clearly believe in his potential to reach his potential.   I hope they are right.  I have faith. And I'm not too disappointed to see Ingram outplay him in preseason despite being a year younger.  That's partially why ingram was believed to be a higher class prospect.

Yes there is.  I just created it.  I speak for all of us when I say I hope Jaylen reaches his potential potential.

There is such a thing as "unknown unknowns".  I figure potential potential must be some sort of 4th dimensional superstar particle.  Almost as elusive as the God particle.
I believe this also
If lb says it I believe. I believe.  Its crazy but I believe.    <channeling my best young Natalie Wood>

I feel like the church of lb is gaining more and more followers. I know
I am there every week right now. He has changed my life and I will do whatever he asks of me

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2016, 01:20:39 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Ingram is literally the only player I wanted that entire draft.... He's a stud. He's young, and he's slowly learning how to build up that killer instinct. Some say you have to born with it, but he's so adept at using his size to his advantage, that I honestly believe he'll be able to average 20 pts. He won't be an Kevin Durant, but he's an underrated shooter, that is developing the body to grab more fouls.

Give him time.

He, just like most players like Davis, had consecutive growth spurts, so he's still working to fix the kinks that come with being that tall so suddenly.

I like Ingram a lot though. He has nice stepbacks, and pump fakes.

Otherwise, screw it.

Let me roll the dice, and see what I get from Jabari Parker. See what the Bucks want... Bradley? +?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I believe this also

I am there every week right now. He has changed my life and I will do whatever he asks of me
When this thread started it merely had potential potential.  When I joined in, it had potential.  A high ceiling, if you will.  We are now living in it.  This is peak thread.  Now Father Time will rip it away from us as it drifts away like the many great thread that came before it.

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Ingram is literally the only player I wanted that entire draft.... He's a stud. He's young, and he's slowly learning how to build up that killer instinct. Some say you have to born with it, but he's so adept at using his size to his advantage, that I honestly believe he'll be able to average 20 pts. He won't be an Kevin Durant, but he's an underrated shooter, that is developing the body to grab more fouls.

Give him time.

He, just like most players like Davis, had consecutive growth spurts, so he's still working to fix the kinks that come with being that tall so suddenly.

I like Ingram a lot though. He has nice stepbacks, and pump fakes.

Otherwise, screw it.

Let me roll the dice, and see what I get from Jabari Parker. See what the Bucks want... Bradley? +?

Davis had an amazing rookie year...I don't remember growth spurts at all. Also, he was on a higher tier according to Chad Ford. Can't compare him to Ingram unless you personally have Ingram as a tier 1 prospect which is insane because Durant was just as young and more of a beast.

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

I believe this also

When this thread started it merely had potential potential.  When I joined in, it had potential.  A high ceiling, if you will.  We are now living in it.  This is peak thread.  Now Father Time will rip it away from us as it drifts away like the many great thread that came before it.

Please answer me one question, who is your avatar?

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

na man, he's playing that multilayered chess game from star trek
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

I believe this also

it's andy kaufman, which is absolutely perfect
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.
TP right back at ya
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.
TP right back at ya

Give LB those tommy points instead and apologize for trying to be a false idol. He can be quite forgiving if one is humble and admits their mistakes.

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.
TP right back at ya

Give LB those tommy points instead and apologize for trying to be a false idol. He can be quite forgiving if one is humble and admits their mistakes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that LarBrd33 hacked your CB account lol You've been unusually supportive of him lately.

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Just to clarify crim, Dwight Howard never went to college.

Sorry, meant high school - when he looked like this:

Look at those skinny shoulders! I guess he really improved his "nutrition" since then, eh?

Some kind soul wrote a whole article about those bulging shoulders our favorite 8x All-star and 10x father.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/53ieec/dwight_howards_shoulders_an_indepth_analysis/

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.
TP right back at ya

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that LarBrd33 hacked your CB account lol You've been unusually supportive of him lately.
I'm going with the loved one held hostage theory. 

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I believe this also

Thanks man, TP.
TP right back at ya

I have seen the error in my earlier ways. I now realize the true genius of Hinkie and no longer am believing the hue, duey and louies of this board that insist Noel and Okafor have limited trade value. I also have come to deeply admire the beauty of the chad ford tier system. There is room for others to become enlightened if you change your ways.