Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Nets (1-2) Preseason Game #4 10/13/16  (Read 48628 times)

Celtics (2-1) at Nets (1-2) Preseason Game #4 10/13/16
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (2-1) at Brooklyn Nets (1-2)
Thursday, October 13, 2016
7:30 pm ET
Preseason Game #4
TV:  CSNNE, YES, NBA-LP
Barclays Center

Possible Starters

PG: Isaiah Thomas 4
SG:  Avery Bradley 0
SF:  Jae Crowder 99
PF:  Al Horford  42
C:   Amir Johnson 90

Probable Reserves
Ben Bentil 50
Jaylen Brown 7
Marcus Georges-Hunt  45
Gerald Green  30
RJ Hunter  28
Demetrius Jackson  9
Jonas Jerebko  8
Jalen Jones  52
Damion Lee 56
Jordan Mickey  55
Terry Rozier  12
Marcus Smart 36
James Young 13
Tyler Zeller 44

Injuries

Kelly Olynyk  (shoulder)  out

Head Coach:  Brad Stevens 

Possible Starters

PG:  Jeremy Lin  7
SG:  Randy Foye   2
SF:  Rondae Hollis-Jefferson  24
PF:  Trevor Booker  36
C:   Brook Lopez  11

Possible Reserves
Beau Beech  9
Anthony Bennett  13
Bojan Bogdanovic   44
Chase Budinger  34
Yogi Ferrell  10
Joe Harris  12
Jorge Gutierrez  0
Justin Hamilton  41
Sean Kilpatrick  6
Chris McCullough  1
Egidijus Mockevicius  55
Luuis Scola  4
Greivis Vasquez  21
Isaiah Whitehead  15

Injuries
Caris LeVert  (foot)  out

Head Coach
Kenny Atkinson

Game Notes

The Celtics start a mini road trip with a visit to the Brooklyn Nets.  They will continue on the road to play the Knicks on Saturday before returning home for the final two games of the preseason.  This will be a good preparation for the start of the regular season since they will be playing 18 of their first 29 games on the road. 

The Celtics last played on Saturday and so should be well rested and ready to play.  They have had 4 practices since their last game which should help their chemistry.  The Celtics core has been together for a year already and so the practices will help to work Al Horford, Jaylen Brown and Gerald Green into the rotation. 

The Nets on the other hand have just 5 players left from their 2015-16 roster.  The 5 returning players are Brook Lopez, who is in his 9th season with the Nets, Bojan Bogdanovic who in his 3rd season, and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Chris McCullough, and Sean Kilpatrick who are all in their 2nd season with the Nets.  Everyone else on the roster is new to the team this season.

Along with all the new players, the Nets also have a new coach.  Kenny Atkinson begins his first season as a head coach in the league after spending the past 4 seasons as an assistant in Atlanta. 

The Celtics and the Nets fortunes are intetwined since the Celtics own the Nets' draft pick this season and so when the Celtics beat the Nets, it's like a double win.  These two teams will meet once again in the preseason on October 17. 

Key Matchups

vs
Isaiah Thomas vs Jeremy Lin
Linsanity is back in the Big Apple with Jeremy Lin joining the Nets this season.  He is averaging 18.5 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists per game.  Isaiah needs to try to limit Lin's offense while at the same time, making him work on defense.

vs 
Amir Johnson vs Brook Lopez
Lopez is averaging just 5.5 points and 1.5 rebounds but he is capable of putting up big numbers and the Celtics need to keep him from doing so. 

Keys to the Game
Defense - Defense wins games.  The Celtics have the players to be a top defensive team and they need to work together to play tough team defense.  They especially need to play tough perimeter defense since the Nets have been shooting at least 33 three pointers per game and the Celtics need to keep them from hitting a high percentage of them. 

Rebound -  The Celtics can't score if they don't have the ball.  They need to crash the boards to give themselves extra possessions and to keep the Nets from getting second chance points.   

Be Offensive - The Celtics need to move the ball and find the open man in order to get open shots.  They need to also take the shots when they are open and not be too unselfish and pass up good shots to make the extra pass.   

Teamwork - The Celtics need to continue to build chemistry and to play as a team.  They need to keep their motto of "We are One Superstar" and continue to play for each other and the team.  Hero ball rarely ends well. 

X-Factors
Rust vs Rest
The Celtics haven't played since Saturday.  They should come into this game well rested,  but they also could come out a bit rusty.  Hopefully they can shake off any rust early and get the win. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:00:31 PM by FLCeltsFan »

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Nets (1-2) Preseason Game #4 10/13/16
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:57:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Finally on League Pass! TP for the thread!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:03:12 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP to jpotter33 for being the first to post in the game thread! 

Gooooooo Celtics. 

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
It is listed on League Pass.  I have Comcast and it shows on my account that I have LP and they said that the codes are all correct and I've spent a couple of hours on the phone with their tech support and for some reason I still am not getting it.  I plan to go back at it tomorrow.  Hope you have better luck getting it than I am.  :(

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:56:44 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
It is listed on League Pass.  I have Comcast and it shows on my account that I have LP and they said that the codes are all correct and I've spent a couple of hours on the phone with their tech support and for some reason I still am not getting it.  I plan to go back at it tomorrow.  Hope you have better luck getting it than I am.  :(

It seems that every provider and person that I talk to is having trouble with it this year. I watched the Indiana/Milwaukee game on LP earlier, and it says that the Boston/Brooklyn game is scheduled for tomorrow night. So hopefully it's working out for Verizon Fios now.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
let's win this one!

or, if it looks like we have to split our games with the nets, lets lose the two in preseason, and 1 in the regular season, so we get 3 reg.season wins, yet the year-round season series would still be 3-3 (because of how much we love to split the series with them each year)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Really hope neither Lopez nor Lin get hurt..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 11:16:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, that'd be a shame.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Will definitely be at this game

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 12:43:46 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Yeah, that'd be a shame.

Will be super p---ed if it happens and Trump wins.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 03:34:09 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Don't jinx it. Brook might come back and play with bionic limbs.

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

It seems that every provider and person that I talk to is having trouble with it this year. I watched the Indiana/Milwaukee game on LP earlier, and it says that the Boston/Brooklyn game is scheduled for tomorrow night. So hopefully it's working out for Verizon Fios now.

It's not listed on the direct tv scheduler yet. It's getting pretty frustrating.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Knock on wood.....smh

Seem I have this pre season game scheduled for my PPV.

I won't count my chicks before they hatch..... ;D

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 12:45:59 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Knock on wood.....smh

Seem I have this pre season game scheduled for my PPV.

I won't count my chicks before they hatch..... ;D

Direct tv?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 01:21:10 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
We've been on with Comcast for the past two hours going around and around and around.  We have been sent from billing to tier 1 to tier 2 to tier 3 support and we are back at billing.  Now they are telling us that it won't be available until Oct 25 in spite of the fact that the game is listed on the guide and when I go to it, it tells me that if I subscribe it's available.  They tell me I am subscribed but can't watch until Oct 25.  One person tells me that the codes are there and the next one says that the codes aren't there.  Then the next person says they are all correct and the next one says that they aren't correct and then they are there and correct and it's not available.  Comcast support is very frustrating.     ARGGGGGGGH