Author Topic: Trade ideas; What is your current favorite non blockbuster?  (Read 6479 times)

Trade ideas; What is your current favorite non blockbuster?
« on: October 11, 2016, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hey guys, currently what are your favorite non blockbuster trades?

I myself would like to see two moves

JJ Redick for Jerekbo, Hunter and Clippers pick returned.
Yes it's kind of a win now deal?

Favors for Rozier, Zeller, Nets and C's 2018.
Big man upgrade. Favors and Hordeford would be awesome.

These two moves together solidifies the starting lineup and improves the bench without giving up the core or Nets 2017.

Starters=IT, AB, Crowder, Hordeford, Favors
Bench=Smart, Redick, Green, AJ, KO
Reserve=DJ, Young, Brown, Mickey, _____

Hope we get a few all together to discuss about.

Re: Trade ideas; What is your current favorite non blockbuster?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Redick would be a nice get but Doc's gonna need actual players he can put on the court in return I'm afraid.  Specifically, one of Smart, Crowder or AB I'm sure.

Also, why the strange spelling of Al's last name?

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Redick would be a nice get but Doc's gonna need actual players he can put on the court in return I'm afraid.  Specifically, one of Smart, Crowder or AB I'm sure.

Also, why the strange spelling of Al's last name?
Well Doc probably can't resign Redick so it's a long term move in aquiring a draft pick and rookie contract. I also think Jerekbo is a very good player to have for them off the bench.

As for Hordeford, watch warcraft then look at Horford. The guy is part orc thus part of the Horde.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
No action on this topic. Man, maybe I should have mentioned a Noel trade so we could get 12 pages worth of replies.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 01:50:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
No action on this topic. Man, maybe I should have mentioned a Noel trade so we could get 12 pages worth of replies.

No, but you get a TP for making me laugh.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:09:29 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
FWIW, a trade for Favors would qualify as a sorta-blockbuster. The price you suggest though seems low if I'm Utah.

I think we're at a spot where fans are intersted in simply seeing how the team comes together.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'll bite.

I mostly don't want a trade. I think this team is a contender in the East. The Cavs are not as deep this year, and Dunleavy, Irving, and Love are all really injury-prone. What if Lebron's back flares up?

Even if no one gets traded, we match up well against them. The Cavs offense is 5 islands and their defense is questionable. The Celtics offense and defense is connected. I genuinely think we can upset them, even if I think the Cavs would be favorites.

The Warriors are similar. Their bench is old and decimated. Championships are not won by NBA 2K team ratings. Obviously the Warriors are favorites against us, but I think we match up really well against them.

I love this team. If there was one trade I'd make, it would be to upgrade Amir Johnson with a versatile scoring swing, but even then, I really like what Amir brings to the table.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Given where the team is at now, the only trade I'm really interested in would be one that brings back an All-Star caliber talent at SG or PF/C.

Jimmy Butler would be the major prize I'd look at. 

I'd do Bradley + Zeller + the remaining Nets picks to add Butler.

That's obviously outside the scope of your question, i.e. non-blockbusters.

I don't think a non-blockbuster is likely to move the needle much for the Celts at this point, so I'd be fine with them simply standing pat.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 07:04:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I suppose smart move is saving assets for a big trade but I don't think that is likely. Which is why I was fishing for smaller possible deals we could discuss. Tps to you guys for your views still.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 07:23:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I haven't really watched Favors play a whole lot, but he seems really good just based on his stats. If the Jazz werent in win now mode (this is debatable, but i think they're ready to go all into winning), i think they would be ok with a trade for favors, so that they could make room for Lyles to get big minutes.

For those who are more familiar with Favors, what's his game like? is he a banger down low? can he also shoot the midrange and stuff? and hows his defense?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I haven't really watched Favors play a whole lot, but he seems really good just based on his stats. If the Jazz werent in win now mode (this is debatable, but i think they're ready to go all into winning), i think they would be ok with a trade for favors, so that they could make room for Lyles to get big minutes.

For those who are more familiar with Favors, what's his game like? is he a banger down low? can he also shoot the midrange and stuff? and hows his defense?
Think Hordeford but less range, better post game and rebounding. While Hordeford has 3pt range and more ball handling both guys defend well and can play the 4 or 5. Neither will hurt you on offense or defense. Favors is like the IT of Big men very underrated player that can carry a team some nights. See his highlight game against Anthony Davis last year for a good idea of how good he is. I'd consider him slightly better than Hordeford overall. Together they would be a nightmare for teams.

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
zach randolph wouldn't be horrible.  Something like that although not sold on zach. 

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 09:16:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Saw a few Philly fans saying that Richaun Holmes for Terry Rozier would make a ton of sense for both teams.  Thoughts?

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm becoming more and more opposed to trading Rozier in general regardless of who it is for. This mindset that we have to trade good players has to go imo.

We'll make our run at the jimmy butlers and davis's of the world but I'm not trading the farm.  I'm espcially not trading these guys for more filler.  We drafted Rozier and Smart and jaylen, etc, etc.  Why are we trading them for something else?

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Saw a few Philly fans saying that Richaun Holmes for Terry Rozier would make a ton of sense for both teams.  Thoughts?
nope.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.