Author Topic: Jordan Mickey  (Read 14993 times)

Re: Jordan Mickey
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'm hoping they bring Nader up when they Send Mickey down

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm hoping they bring Nader up when they Send Mickey down

That's not an option. Mickey is under contract with the Celtics and due to an agreement with the Red Claws he can play for them, but that only goes one way. The Celtics can't play anyone that's not under contract with them, and Mickey is still under contract while playing in Maine
I'm bitter.

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2016, 12:28:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I rather play Mickey than Zeller... CBS rather play the guy who is getting paid 8 million a year

Mickey has got the short end of the stick this season... just garbage mins... has not had a chance to play with Horford

At this rate, he is not a good fit under CBS...  the system is too rigid...  To get the best out of Mickey , play him alongside a good rebounder, so he can roam around more and block/alter shots.... on the offensive end encourage him to drive in more.  Receive some passes near the post and operate.... instead its all about endless picks and only play the game facing forward

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2016, 12:36:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I rather play Mickey than Zeller... CBS rather play the guy who is getting paid 8 million a year better player.

Fixed.

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I rather play Mickey than Zeller... CBS rather play the guy who is getting paid 8 million a year

Mickey has got the short end of the stick this season... just garbage mins... has not had a chance to play with Horford

At this rate, he is not a good fit under CBS...  the system is too rigid...  To get the best out of Mickey , play him alongside a good rebounder, so he can roam around more and block/alter shots.... on the offensive end encourage him to drive in more.  Receive some passes near the post and operate.... instead its all about endless picks and only play the game facing forward
triboy, i appreciate that you spotted talent in mickey early one and are a loyal booster. but this post really seems like sour grapes.

it simply seems that mickey, while talented in some areas, simply doesnt have what it takes right now to break into a good team's rotation.

accept that and life will be easier.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

If you have not noticed CBS wants to win.   When he took over he said no tanking.   Why would salary matter to him.   He will play the best players available.....  You have to see that....

SMH
Diggles

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 01:47:04 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I don't think you will ever get what you want, so how long before we get weekly threads from you that are some variation of "Fire Stevens"?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think he should change his last name from Mickey to Michael.

Jordan Michael. It has a nice ring to it.

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wow, he's awful. He seems like a nice kid, but he's just a terrible NBA player. Hopefully, he's off the team soon as he's just taking up space.

Myers Leonard, who is pretty average himself, absolutely abused Mickey last night.

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

If you have not noticed CBS wants to win.   When he took over he said no tanking.   Why would salary matter to him.   He will play the best players available.....  You have to see that....

SMH

A coach who doesn't obsess over obviously flawed young players who aren't ever going to make an impact on the Celtics?

CBS isn't a blogger here?

Thank God.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Mickey I put in range of Powell (?)  kid we traded with rondo.  Low level rotation player.  I don't think mickey will make it nba wise, probably in Europe he'll do well. 

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Time for Mickey to move on and cede the mantle of "NBA scrub most wildly overrated by CelticsBlog" to Nader.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Mickey I put in range of Powell (?)  kid we traded with rondo.  Low level rotation player.  I don't think mickey will make it nba wise, probably in Europe he'll do well.

Powell's doing pretty well for Dallas.  I think he's more Mickey's ceiling than his reality.

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Time for Mickey to move on and cede the mantle of "NBA scrub most wildly overrated by CelticsBlog" to Nader.

That's funny.  TP

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

Powell's doing pretty well for Dallas.  I think he's more Mickey's ceiling than his reality.
Yes agree completely, only guy i could think of as reference