Author Topic: Jordan Mickey  (Read 14915 times)

Re: Jordan Mickey
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Mickey must learn how to consistently hit quasi-open catch and shoot midrange jumpers.

We need him to really improve for us because next year Olynyk Amir and Jonas are all FAs and I dont want to be forced to bring multiple of them back.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Mickey needs to demonstrate this in actual  regular season minutes. Zeller and Jerebko are role players at best. Mickey hasn't earned that. The  thing is that Stevens and his staff get to evaluate  these players daily in practice.  Consistency is really the key for a guy like Mickey. One of  the  problems is that Celticbloggers have a habit of fantasizing about D Leaguers and create unreal expectations for those  players.  Then when they fail to actualize the expectations, they get negative.  Mickey is an unproven player who has an upside.  Will he earn the opportunity to develop his potential, or will the Celtics jettison him?

I think he has made a great deal  of improvement and is waiting for  the opportunity.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jordan Mickey's demise has been greatly exaggerated in this thread.
Well yeah, in the crap shoot of "which of three marginal NBA players do we cut", the guy who can play the 4 and/or the 5 usually wins out.

Meh, I'd posit he was one of our best performers this pre-season. Top 8 at minimum.

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 07:28:49 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'm somewhere between triboy and the detractors. Don't see any reason why Mickey can't develop into a serviceable rotation big. Think he'll top out as a Taj Gibson type, a staple of the bench unit who's capable of filling in for either starting big man when they need a night off without losing much or needing to change the system around to accommodate him.

12 points, 7 boards and 1.5 blocks on good percentages. Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 08:10:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
hilarious...of course Sullinger with the request

http://www.csnne.com/video/time-jordan-mickey-had-pick-chick-fil-celtics

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Mickey must learn how to consistently hit quasi-open catch and shoot midrange jumpers.

We need him to really improve for us because next year Olynyk Amir and Jonas are all FAs and I dont want to be forced to bring multiple of them back.

at 20 sec ....and 1 min 15 sec...  are you satisfied?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QR_eu1nSDU

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So I assume Mickey is spending the season in Maine again. I'm not convinced he is an NBA player at this point but he still has time to prove it. Like to see him really step up and earn some minutes this year but I don't see it.

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

What's your point?

If he was hitting it consistently, do you think he would be in the same position as Young and Hunter, possibly being waived/cut?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

no.

I am not doubting that Jordan Mickey has hit a midrange jumper before in his life. Im doubting that he can do it consistently.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 09:28:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

What's your point?

If he was hitting it consistently, do you think he would be in the same position as Young and Hunter, possibly being waived/cut?

Who said he's in the same position as them... other than the detractors in this thread?

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 09:43:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

What's your point?

Who said he's in the same position as them... other than the detractors in this thread?
Do you think Mickey can hit that shot consistently?

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

What's your point?

He's hit that shot many times in Maine.

Question is whether that translates with the added pressure of NBA exposure and defense.

But he can certainly hit 3-pt shots under d-league levels of duress.

edit:

My 777th post, hopefully that means good luck for Mickey and the C's!!! great blog, thanks to all the mods and contributors.

Awesome community here

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2016, 10:51:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

What's your point?

That's not what I'm discussing.

But I don't see why not.

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 06:47:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

What's your point?

Yes

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2016, 11:23:55 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jordan Mickey's demise has been greatly exaggerated in this thread.

The hate on Mickey is ridiculous... he has been the third best big in the pre season... better than zeller and jerebko overall

Mickey has added mass, strength and its apparent. As well he has lost a tad of explosiveness , which is expected when you add mass...

Instead of being a shotblocker machine like we are used to seeing , he has upped his game everywhere else. I would take the trade off any day of the week

The Taj Gibson comparisons (after adding mass) look good.

After 4 straight games of not even dressing I wonder when Jordan Mickey (aka Taj Gibson, Shotblocker Machine, and The Messiah) is going to be sent to Maine.