Author Topic: Jordan Mickey  (Read 14995 times)

Re: Jordan Mickey
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 06:47:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I've been off the Mickey hype train for awhile now. This performance was certainly encouraging, but I'm not ready enough to buy tickets for the train again. Let's see him do this a few more times, against better players too.

Agree,  need to see him doing more of what he did last game .

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:44 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
mickey was bringing the ball upcourt ala horford,mickey played great in maine
-i watched-totally dominated
his shoulder had to be bothering him in summer league
is mickey just one of those types-that makes really good plays but for some reason they get overshadowed
is it that celtics control his growth in maine gave him a good contract and have no need to advance him
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:17:09 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
One game he does anything and you jump to make a thread about it haha.
Mickey has strung together 3 good games and the last one was his best .

Fact Check.

Game 1
Min 14
Pts 2
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 1-4

Game 2
Min 6
Pts 0
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 0-2

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Didn't Vitor Faverani come out and have a monster game in the season opener a couple of years ago? I agree that it's encouraging to see Mickey play well, but let's hold our horses here.

I know he is known for his athleticism, but I always feel like he doesn't play as athletic as he apparently is. He certainly doesn't seem like a true above the rim type player. Perhaps with some more experience, he will feel more confident stepping in and using his explosiveness(?).

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Fact Check.

Game 1
Min 14
Pts 2
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 1-4

Game 2
Min 6
Pts 0
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 0-2

tp
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:14:23 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Have you watching any of the other pre seadon games or is stats all you care about?

Unlike James Young still, Mickey is "reacting" very quickly on both ends. He is at the right spots , at the right time.   And unfortunately this has caused him to not be able to block many shots (one of his key strengths). But lots of other areas of his game has improved from last season. Has also added muscle to his body

Mickey is on the right track , to come off the bench and help . Taj Gibson comparisons do look good imo
TB, most everyone hope and wants Mickey to be credible nba player. Thanks for the updates, but you positioned this entire thread as a taunt of other posters, then seem upset when others respond in kind.

Starting a thread with the tone you did rarely creates a good and informative discussion. Starting a civil thread with Mickey updates is always appreciated.

Thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 08:14:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Fact Check.

Game 1
Min 14
Pts 2
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 1-4

Game 2
Min 6
Pts 0
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 0-2
Not bad, he only missed 2 shots in the last game and 3 in the one before that.  ;)

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 09:32:19 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
is it possible mickey isn't explosive but has mastered the timing of blocking shots with his elite wingspan and getting back up quickly a second time-
he hasn't been given any quality nba time-maybe celts so deep and win now that mickey to management has a luxury tag of being a roster spot and playing him in maine
then there is the stack up of stashes coming on top of two nets picks
in maine he is an all star drawing rave reviews -ups his trade value rather than the bench and garbage time in boston
danny will be moving players drafted and groomed for draft picks or kickers in trade
dallas got dwight powell and the celts got crowder-detroitgot prince we got jerebko and gigi
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:59:37 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 09:58:57 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Fact Check.

Game 1
Min 14
Pts 2
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 1-4

Game 2
Min 6
Pts 0
Reb 3
Blk 0
FG 0-2

haha exactly, thank you.  TP.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Didn't Vitor Faverani come out and have a monster game in the season opener a couple of years ago? I agree that it's encouraging to see Mickey play well, but let's hold our horses here.

I know he is known for his athleticism, but I always feel like he doesn't play as athletic as he apparently is. He certainly doesn't seem like a true above the rim type player. Perhaps with some more experience, he will feel more confident stepping in and using his explosiveness(?).

yup, Vitor had (if i recall correctly) a 12, 18, 6 blocks game in his debut.

edit: here's the tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3W8OLFlmXc

he wasn't half bad, what happened to him? how did he fall off?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 11:37:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
is it possible mickey isn't explosive but has mastered the timing of blocking shots with his elite wingspan and getting back up quickly a second time-
he hasn't been given any quality nba time-maybe celts so deep and win now that mickey to management has a luxury tag of being a roster spot and playing him in maine
then there is the stack up of stashes coming on top of two nets picks
in maine he is an all star drawing rave reviews -ups his trade value rather than the bench and garbage time in boston
danny will be moving players drafted and groomed for draft picks or kickers in trade
dallas got dwight powell and the celts got crowder-detroitgot prince we got jerebko and gigi

Mickey is not Andre Drummond explosive

He does get off the ground quickly + long wingspan. If he has time to gather and jump , well he can really get up there (37-38 max vert leap)

But from what I have seen in pre season, he is jumping enough to grab rebounds, get a dunk.... he is measuring how much he needs to jump vs showing off. 

Mickey is a behind the scenes, responsible player ... even if his stats dont look sexy he ends up a plus, in the plus and minus column just like KO. This is why I like both of these players

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I would definitely throw Mickey into the fire for exhibition games. Start him with Horford and see what he does. He won't get playing time during the year and will be lighting it up in Maine. Maybe give Jackson one or two more games then shut him down. Keep playing Marcus at pg and let's see what he's got. Rest Isaiah as much as possible. Rozier and Smart need practice. Brown needs practice. Green needs to shake off the cobwebs. Strategically play the starters with the new guys to acclimate them. It's not that difficult a system to learn. Run and pass. Keep the ball moving. On defense, don't be afraid to rotate and actually try.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 04:05:42 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
It's hard to get a read on Mickey as a player. He's inconsistent that's for sure. He definitely needs to become a deadly shooter for his offensive game to expand. Also his defense hasn't been great and that's supposed to be his bread and butter.

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Mickey is not Andre Drummond explosive

He does get off the ground quickly + long wingspan. If he has time to gather and jump , well he can really get up there (37-38 max vert leap)

But from what I have seen in pre season, he is jumping enough to grab rebounds, get a dunk.... he is measuring how much he needs to jump vs showing off. 

Most guys like jump, don't jump as high as they can every time, to do so would be folly.  You would tire out pretty swiftly.  Max Vert is a test, it is not a sustained effort.

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 05:56:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

yup, Vitor had (if i recall correctly) a 12, 18, 6 blocks game in his debut.

edit: here's the tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3W8OLFlmXc

he wasn't half bad, what happened to him? how did he fall off?
The law of large numbers happened :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."