Author Topic: Joel Embiid now "the process"  (Read 50685 times)

Joel Embiid now "the process"
« on: October 08, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Joel Embiid has formally requested to be announced as "the Process" by all 76ers announcers.

I don't mind when a player picks up a nickname. i.e. Smart as the Cobra, Paul Pierce, the Truth. Shaq, the Dessel.

When a young player decides to give himself a "handle," before he's even played a regular season game.

I begin looking for the other shoe to drop.

Re: Joel Embiid now "the process"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think they should call him "The disabled One" 

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
i dislike embiid. mainly cuz the c's dont have him, but i dislike his gloating for dunking on smart in college, i dislike how he referred to the women in his college as h*'s. i just dont like him. again, if he was on the c's my post would not exist.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:21:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
He can call himself whatever he wants, he looks like the real thing so far. I wish we had drafted him.

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I support it.  10 points in 8 minutes so far tonight.  Kid is going to be great if he stays healthy.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 08:42:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Halftime for 'The Process' in a game against the Cavs starters, in which Phili is staying even with them:

13 minutes, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block, and one 3 pointer.

He's legit.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
btw where my homies at?  This is another philly thread to add to the list

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 09:30:13 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I support it.  10 points in 8 minutes so far tonight.  Kid is going to be great if he stays healthy.

I agree this is going to be amazing if he can stay healthy #trusttheprocess

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Giving yourself a nickname is weak under any circumstances. This has to label him as soft there's no other conclusion.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 01:01:10 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Giving yourself a nickname is weak under any circumstances. This has to label him as soft there's no other conclusion.
wut
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 01:29:25 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm surprised anyone would have a problem with this, he's making fun of the whole Philly situation with it.

This is similar to Scal making fun of himself by giving himself the nickname White Mamba. Or when RJ Hunter said he and James Young should be called the Trash Brothers (as oppossed to the Splash Brothers) last year.

And it just shows how funny Embiid is and the likeable personality he has, dude's gonna be a fixture on the All-Interview team if he can stay healthy.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I'm hard-pressed to think of anything dumber than caring about the cognomen of an NBA player.

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 01:37:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Delayed process

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 02:28:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Can't say I'm full-on jealous of Philly fans given that our team is one of the best in the East and they look like they will continue to struggle in the short-term... but man, I wish we had a prospect like Joel with legit superstar potential.   Yeah I know, I know... Jaylen Brown might have long-shot star potential... sure.  I get that and I believe in Jaylen.  Jaylen very well may end up having a greater career than Embiid.   But man, if Embiid gets healthy and reaches his potential, he has a shot to be one of the best players in the league.   

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 02:33:08 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
He can call himself whatever he wants, he looks like the real thing so far. I wish we had drafted him.

The Sixers will be fretting about the condition of his foot for every single minute that he plays for them over his entire career.  Looks like a terrific prospect off a few preseason games, but if he rebreaks that navicular bone, it could well be a career-ending injury.  You have to admire Hinkie a bit for having the stones to draft the guy, but only time will tell if it was a masterstroke or a complete waste of a #3 overall selection.