Author Topic: The Official Ante Zizic Cibona-ABA 2016/17 Season Highlight Thread  (Read 31220 times)

Re: The Official Ante Zizic Cibona-ABA 2016/17 Season Highlight Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2016, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly reminds me of Zaza Pachulia. Can play both high post and on the block. Isn't a player that you rely on to get his own, but can go and get his own on the block. Fundamental and also a good passer. Can hit the little high post j too. I think Zizic is definitely more athletically and physically gifted. Most of you may not like it, but Pachulia is also a starting center on the best team in the NBA.

Big thing about Zaza is he's averaged something around 45% from the floor for his career. I sure hope Ante is a better finisher than that.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
And the big boy just keeps on trucking!

18 pts - 10 rbs - 2 stls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHnIKJwPJM

looking into them quickly #7 who he bullys in the paint early in the video is a 22yr old who in 2015 was 6'9.5 240lbs with 7' wingspan fringe NBA prospect. #11 is 31 6'11 275lbs euro vet. Not NBA talent but at least comparable to high end D-1.

The fact that he has good positional size, decent mobility, good hands, and a good motor at 19 at least should make this kid a rotational center. Loved the pick on draft night and still love the pick. He and Yabu will combine with Brown to form an impressive draft for DA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2016, 08:40:19 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKqPD8cMN0

Zizic looked great against Mega!

18 pts / 8 rebs / 3 blks

He seems fearless.

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Pekovic was never a good defender...adams never good in offence... if someone knows of euro basket he reminds a taller savic
This is an interesting comparison: Savic was both a good defender and a good finisher; and I'm always happy when ppl bring up now forgotten Euro- players from the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xIW2dtH2o

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2016, 02:00:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Look at all these highlights. If this guy's rights were owned by 76ers he'd be a "hall a famer".  ::)

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
https://youtu.be/4URxNeMhzv8

19 pts / 9 rebs / 3 ast / 2 blk

Zizic just won't be denied...wow!

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I can't wait until this guy comes over! He's got such energy, grit, and mobility, I have a feeling he will be the perfect center for Stevens and our system.

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2016, 11:18:47 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
3 things I saw from him that impressed me the most:

Chase down blocks
Free throw shooting
Passing

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
he does look good, especially on the pick and roll.

what i would like to see is zizic taking and making some jump shots.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2016, 11:33:48 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Looking like a really great pick. There is no doubt in my mind that he will supplant Zeller next year.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2016, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Really gets on his bike in transition aswell...great to see a big run that hard.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
he does look good, especially on the pick and roll.

what i would like to see is zizic taking and making some jump shots.

Good point...although the free throws look good and hopefully are an indicator of him developing that jump shot ability.

19 years old...wow!

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2016, 08:57:38 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
The kid was drafted in the 20s for a reason. He has an under the basket game with limited physical quickness upside and he's a slow jumper. These are all problems.

On the other hand he has a massive frame for such a young kid, good form on free throws and he keeps his head up both on offense and defense. He's moving, he's looking and a guy like that can go a long way in the league. If he adds some muscle to that huge frame he's going to be a tough matchup against the smaller big men in the league. Of course, he's a kid and has plenty of time to learn.

But here's why I think he may succeed. He plays with a little nasty. Go look at those videos. He's setting hard picks. He's shoving guys out of the way going for the rebounds. He's a big strong guy and he's not afraid to use it. Oh, in the NBA he'll be a foul machine for a couple of years until he gets better at hiding it but this guy has the attitude to succeed. He's not likely to be intimidated or back down. I like players with a little nasty. It gives them an edge. Zizic has that and thus I think he'll be a valuable contributor down the road.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
The kid was drafted in the 20s for a reason. He has an under the basket game with limited physical quickness upside and he's a slow jumper. These are all problems.

On the other hand he has a massive frame for such a young kid, good form on free throws and he keeps his head up both on offense and defense. He's moving, he's looking and a guy like that can go a long way in the league. If he adds some muscle to that huge frame he's going to be a tough matchup against the smaller big men in the league. Of course, he's a kid and has plenty of time to learn.

But here's why I think he may succeed. He plays with a little nasty. Go look at those videos. He's setting hard picks. He's shoving guys out of the way going for the rebounds. He's a big strong guy and he's not afraid to use it. Oh, in the NBA he'll be a foul machine for a couple of years until he gets better at hiding it but this guy has the attitude to succeed. He's not likely to be intimidated or back down. I like players with a little nasty. It gives them an edge. Zizic has that and thus I think he'll be a valuable contributor down the road.

Great points!

In this interview, he talks about "going after every rebound..." that intent plus the nasty that you mention...should be a sweet combination of scintillating skills.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/draft-workouts-ante-zizic/

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:37 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Good points. I agree that his development may be slow due to foul problems.

I like the passing vision he showed in the last video. That's important to me, because it shows that he is a basketball player, not just a big guy who is overmatching his opponents physically.

I like how his free throws look, but I'd like to see his form more consistent on regular jump shots.

He's young, but he is a great prospect. I see a little Marc Gasol in him, but Zizic is probably more of a scorer than passer.