Author Topic: The Official Ante Zizic Cibona-ABA 2016/17 Season Highlight Thread  (Read 31231 times)

Re: The Official Ante Zizic Cibona-ABA 2016/17 Season Highlight Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I was wrong! Game 5 highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_fnoabyhA

Thank you Tomasz Kordylewski!

Zizic looks so big lol, and strong too. He also showed a little more post moves too, which is good. and his free throw stroke looks very nice too. he just needs to play with a point guard who will look to find him near the rim for easy buckets. I wonder how often we would involve him in our offense, seeing as how Brad loves the floor spacers, not so much the bangers (although, based on Zizic's free throw form and results, i wouldnt be surprised if he becomes a stretch 5 who could also bang down low)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He ll be great for those teams ....that want to throw their BIG BiGs. At us .    He ll do good against the Mosgovs , Adams ,  Whiteside types .  And better than Zeller against Drummond and OaK.

I think he has a no-fear attitude .  Ready to bang and give up his body in the paint .

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So who would be Zizic's comp in the NBA?

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2016/10/14/13282840/ante-zizic-adriatic-league-boston-celtics

Nice little write up.

I like this cat...could really give us a needed dimension in a year or two.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Mason Plumlee, Steven Adams, Marcin Gortat

Something along those lines.

That's obviously a very positive spin.  There's no way of knowing if he'll be able to produce at the NBA level anything like what he's doing in the Adriatic.

But his style of play and general skillset is most reminiscent of those players, to me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

That's obviously a very positive spin.  There's no way of knowing if he'll be able to produce at the NBA level anything like what he's doing in the Adriatic.

But his style of play and general skillset is most reminiscent of those players, to me.

Those would be great outcomes, but in terms of agility I think Adams and Plumlee are good comps.

Zizic seems to have very good hands and footwork for someone his age. Those will help him adapt to the NBA, I think.

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 02:16:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HTfSZDDUw

Here is the 34 pt, 20 reb game. Post skills are impressive for his age. However, I see questionable quickness and agility, and limited explosiveness off the ground, which concerns me. We'll see.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Those would be great outcomes, but in terms of agility I think Adams and Plumlee are good comps.

Zizic seems to have very good hands and footwork for someone his age. Those will help him adapt to the NBA, I think.
if Zizic become something like Gortat, we'd be very fortunate indeed. 

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Bill Laimbeer?

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HTfSZDDUw

Here is the 34 pt, 20 reb game. Post skills are impressive for his age. However, I see questionable quickness and agility, and limited explosiveness off the ground, which concerns me. We'll see.

ante zizic 7-2.5 wingspan
max vertical 27
standing reach 9-3
seems to have lateral and length to bother on  switches

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think he shows plenty of quickness attacking the rim in short bursts.  Should help him as a roll man quite a bit.  As I mentioned before he reminds me of Zeller on the roll but more of a bruiser.  We will see how his jump and touch is.

I think Steven Adams-ish (again, if he turns out well) is a good comp for what we have seen so far.

Bill Laimbeer?

He would need to prove a lot with a jump shot for that to be the case.

"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

The hands, footwork, and general coordination are what made me think of Gortat.  Physically he reminds me most of Adams or Plumlee.  Especially the agility, as you pointed out.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

The hands, footwork, and general coordination are what made me think of Gortat.  Physically he reminds me most of Adams or Plumlee.  Especially the agility, as you pointed out.
all these points seem accurate to me. he is not quick or world class athletic, nor will he stretch the floor with 3 points (at least not yet). he is almost a throw-back center who plays close to the basket.

but he is faster than lots of nba centers right now. good foot work and aggressive. he does a good job under the basket as well.

a really nice pick for the mid-to-late first round. i look forward to seeing how CBS get him free on pick and rolls.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 05:26:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
We probably ought to keep in mind that Tyler Zeller would probably dominate the Adriatic in similar fashion, based on the video linked in this thread.

So yeah, definitely looks promising.  Will be fun to see what Ante can do in Summer League next year.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We probably ought to keep in mind that Tyler Zeller would probably dominate the Adriatic in similar fashion, based on the video linked in this thread.

So yeah, definitely looks promising.  Will be fun to see what Ante can do in Summer League next year.

Not saying Zeller wouldn't have success in the ABA (he better), but I think 'similar fashion' is stretching it. Zizic is so much more aggressive and physical than Zeller. He literally looks bummed when he isn't able to dunk it. Now I understand that dunking the ball isn't everything, but he is like the opposite of Zeller in terms of energy.

Now as far as outside shooting goes, Zeller certainly has him now, but being able to knock down a mid-range jumper is something many Euro big men can do - hopefully Zizic can work on that.