Author Topic: Lucky 17 Yahoo Points League 2016-17 thread:Cuts due Wednesday Oct 19 at 8PM EST  (Read 36440 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Come to think of it, it also results in Georgiannis P getting dropped.

I'm trying to come up with something objective and clear.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I gotta take some time to get this hammered out, so unfortunately there is a tad bit of grace period and moratorium on trades till I'm done.

I don't think I have time today. Not till late tonite anyway.

I think I see some guys selected keepers in yahoo without telling me/us that look sorta reasonable so I have work to do now.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Maybe Y! Rank multiplied by players age. The players with the highest number gets dropped. First round draft picks excluded, unless there is quite a significant difference.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Maybe Y! Rank multiplied by players age. The players with the highest number gets dropped. First round draft picks excluded, unless there is quite a significant difference.
Maybe even including last year's first round picks as well; 3rd year players should be eligible to be cut

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I don't think I feel like doing that much work. On some level there is a time factor here. Active GMs should be able to do waivers as soon as reasonably possible.

I don't mind the concept of protecting all draft picks for two years, but that could backfire easily.

The bottom line is if you don't pick your keepers you forfeit the right to complain. I'm not gonna drop Anthony Davis, but if I did shame on you, not me.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I don't think I feel like doing that much work. On some level there is a time factor here. Active GMs should be able to do waivers as soon as reasonably possible.

I don't mind the concept of protecting all draft picks for two years, but that could backfire easily.

The bottom line is if you don't pick your keepers you forfeit the right to complain. I'm not gonna drop Anthony Davis, but if I did shame on you, not me.

I agree with this. If you don't pick your keepers and cuts, its on you. Eja's gotta do what he's gotta do to keep things going and get us into Yahoo.

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

I think it should be:

1. The lowest ranked, non-Points League first rounder

2. ur discretion, e.g. When a guy like Georgiannis is lowest ranked and the GM has a player on his roster who you recognize as retired (Duncan), playing overseas (Norris Cole), just plain crappy (Henry Simms), cut that guy. If u are not sure, cut the lowest ranked non-first rounder.

Btw, I believe Georgiannis, the #13 overall IRL draft pick, is an exception, which I 100% blame on...

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I'm fine with working things out by committee here. If a GM isn't taking care of Yahoo or speaking up here by now, there should be no complaints. Everyone seems to be making fair suggestions and then eja can make all the final calls with input. Retired, out of the league, scrubs, late picks would be roughly the order but no guarantees. Maybe we just agree nobody will actually lose one of their top rated guys.

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'm fine with working things out by committee here. If a GM isn't taking care of Yahoo or speaking up here by now, there should be no complaints. Everyone seems to be making fair suggestions and then eja can make all the final calls with input. Retired, out of the league, scrubs, late picks would be roughly the order but no guarantees. Maybe we just agree nobody will actually lose one of their top rated guys.

As someone who had to do this earlier this week in H2H for a few GMs I totally agree with what Byennie (and others have said).  Snooze you lose.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Time to cut some people by committee

first up

MMSB

Jordan Adams
Aaron Baynes
Chase Budinger
Trey Burke
Omri Casspi
Evan Fournier
Tim Hardaway Jr
Tyus Jones
Mitch McGary
Jusuf Nurkic
Miles Plumlee
Henry Simms
Kyle Singler
Tony Snell
Rodney Stuckey
Derrick Williams
Georgios Papagiannis

Georgios is the lowest ranked player by yahoo on his team and Mitch McGary is 2nd lowest. I'm thinking it might just make sense to always cut the lowest ranked guy

Cut Budinger. Brooklyn did. Then Sims, Utah did. Done.

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Juggernaughts

Marco Belineli
Stephen Curry
Taj Gibson
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
DeAndre Jordan
Wesley Matthews
Anthony Morrow
Jameer Nelson
Dirk Nowitski
JJ Redick
Derrick Rose
JR Smith
Dwayne Wade
Brandan Wright
Nick Young
Rade Zagorac

Zagorac is lowest rated and I think he's a euro stash

Leading scorer for the 1-5 KK Mega Leks.

Mk

If he was Harry's draft pick, then I propose Morrow. If he was a commissioner pick then it should be Zagorac.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:06:47 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Bada Bing

This one is harder

Lavoy Allen
Kent Bazemore
Michael Carter Williams
Mike Dunleavy
Festus Ezeli
Raymond Felton
James Harden
Rodney Hood
Amir Johnson
Enes Kanter
Kyle Korver
Ty Lawson
Markeif Morris
Cameron Payne
Hollis Thompson
Dion Waiters
Joseph Young
Buddy Hield
Timothy Luwawu

He needs to cut three I think

Joseph Young is his lowest rated guy.
Luwawu is very lowly rated
Then Cameron Payne

Wow, yeah tough one. I agree with Young. Luwawu was a first round pick. Keep him. Cut Dunleavy. He's useless.

I would cut Fat Ray Felton over Payne. It's a toss up I guess.

Mk

Oh, this is fun. I liked Payne a lot before he broke his foot and he's a good candidate for the IR. I drafted Young last year late in H2H and Luwawu this year, but Joe is Indiana's third point guard right now and Timothe is likely at least a year away. Dunleavy and Felton will both be worth spot starts at some point during the season, but cutting either won't keep you up at night. I nominate

Mike Dunleavy, Joseph Young, and dark horse candidate Lavoy Allen. I'm good at this.

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Champkinds

Giannis Antekoumpo
Luke Babbit
Bruno Caboclo
Marcin Gortat
Spencer Hawes
Dwight HOward
Frank Kaminsky
Myers Leonard
Kyle Lowry
Shelvin Mack
Larry Nance Jr
Raul Neto
Joakim Noah
Nikola Pekovic
Ish Smith
Kemba Walker
Lou Williams
Brice Johnson
Wade Baldwin

My cuts were made on Yahoo.

Babbit and Mack gone
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Champkinds

Giannis Antekoumpo
Luke Babbit
Bruno Caboclo
Marcin Gortat
Spencer Hawes
Dwight HOward
Frank Kaminsky
Myers Leonard
Kyle Lowry
Shelvin Mack
Larry Nance Jr
Raul Neto
Joakim Noah
Nikola Pekovic
Ish Smith
Kemba Walker
Lou Williams
Brice Johnson
Wade Baldwin

My cuts were made on Yahoo.

Babbit and Mack gone
Great. Only one more player to go.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Juggernaughts

Marco Belineli
Stephen Curry
Taj Gibson
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
DeAndre Jordan
Wesley Matthews
Anthony Morrow
Jameer Nelson
Dirk Nowitski
JJ Redick
Derrick Rose
JR Smith
Dwayne Wade
Brandan Wright
Nick Young
Rade Zagorac

Zagorac is lowest rated and I think he's a euro stash

Leading scorer for the 1-5 KK Mega Leks.

Mk

If he was Harry's draft pick, then I propose Morrow. If he was a commissioner pick then it should be Zagorac.

Excellent recommendation WW!