Author Topic: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal  (Read 11482 times)

Re: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2016, 08:50:58 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't like giving up Smart or rozier.  I'd rather keep Smart and trade them next years #1.  I feel like Smart is  better than we can do.  Rozier is questionable.  I like both players.  Why trade either?  I think there is too much weight put on that pick next year.  Also not huge on  Deandre Jordan.  I'd rather Noel in ways. That's debateable though.

Trading Marcus is a mistake.

Jordan vs Noel is debatable ? That's a short debate. Jordan is far superior, & it isn't close IMO

Jordan is definately a legit starting center.  Noel would more play off Horford.  It depends on what you value.  Noel is a good passer and his shot is coming.  Jordan would give us a legit front line but even Jordan is somewhat limited. Defensively as a help defender Noel would be huge.  Jordan is more a legit starting center.

I think I have a point that smart is more valuable to us than next years pick though.  I'd rather role with Smart and Rozier in ways and the guys we have   Zizic is coming and can be good.

I'm not making the deal today.  But Smart serves us well as a defensive guy off the bench to go with some of our other guys.  He's also a good player to develop. He was the 6th pick in a strong draft.  I value him more than next years pick.

For jordan it's interesting but I don't know.  Rozier is good too and is coming and I'd probably valu that pick more than him but I am not sold on that.

It really depends if jordan or noel are worth it.

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The Celtic fans have no respect for our own players. I wish Ainge would do something as stupid as trading Crowder, Smart and Brooklyn swap for Deandre Jordan He will immediately become the laughing stock of the NBA.

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2016, 08:52:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I just hope NBA TV carries the replay of this game.

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:25 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The Celtic fans have no respect for our own players. I wish Ainge would do something as stupid as trading Crowder, Smart and Brooklyn swap for Deandre Jordan He will immediately become the laughing stock of the NBA.

I do that is my point.  I wouldn't trade our guys. We have good team. I might give up a pick for the right piece though.

All that depends though too. We have Zizic coming.  It really depends.

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2016, 09:04:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't like giving up Smart or rozier.  I'd rather keep Smart and trade them next years #1.  I feel like Smart is  better than we can do.  Rozier is questionable.  I like both players.  Why trade either?  I think there is too much weight put on that pick next year.  Also not huge on  Deandre Jordan.  I'd rather Noel in ways. That's debateable though.

Trading Marcus is a mistake.

Jordan vs Noel is debatable ? That's a short debate. Jordan is far superior, & it isn't close IMO

Jordan is definately a legit starting center.  Noel would more play off Horford.  It depends on what you value.  Noel is a good passer and his shot is coming.  Jordan would give us a legit front line but even Jordan is somewhat limited. Defensively as a help defender Noel would be huge.  Jordan is more a legit starting center.

I think I have a point that smart is more valuable to us than next years pick though.  I'd rather role with Smart and Rozier in ways and the guys we have   Zizic is coming and can be good.

I'm not making the deal today.  But Smart serves us well as a defensive guy off the bench to go with some of our other guys.  He's also a good player to develop. He was the 6th pick in a strong draft.  I value him more than next years pick.

For jordan it's interesting but I don't know.  Rozier is good too and is coming and I'd probably valu that pick more than him but I am not sold on that.

It really depends if jordan or noel are worth it.
what point would that be?  that you have no grasp of how valuable a likely top 3 pick in a loaded draft is?  i love Smart but I have to admit I seriously think whoever's available with that Nets pick next year will be regarded as a higher prospect at the time of the draft and very likely a better player during their careers

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
That trade blows!

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2016, 09:37:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Philly says no

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2016, 10:04:04 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think I'd do that tbh Lar.

Then again, I don't think LAC touches that. They're going to keep it rolling hoping for some luck in the playoffs.

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2016, 10:07:04 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I posted this earlier in the thread and got no response, so I thought I might try again to see what people think of the trade as modified below.  I think it is fairly reasonable for all 3 teams.

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
LA - Noel, Johnson, Jerekbo, Bos 2018 1st (lotto protected)
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

Pierce doesn't have to be included for the money to still work, but I'd love for his last year to be here where he could provide some solid guidance and leadership to Brown (and lesser to Crowder).  Plus LA's roster construction makes more sense with another player being traded.

So Boston post-trade

PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Green
SF - Crowder, Brown, Pierce
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

DLeague - Mickey, Hunter, Bentil/Young

Not sure that team beats the Cavs, but it sure seems like the clear #2 team in the East and would certainly pose some issues for Cleveland given the defensive firepower.
It is a reasonable trade.  However I wouldn't do it because it wouldn't make us a threat to the Cavs and I don't see what follow-on move would do so.   I'd wait for Cousins to become available.  Add Cousins to that lineup instead of Jordan and we'd be a serious threat to the Cavs.

It's a great trade for the Celtics. You get an All Star at Center, & give up two strong defensive guards.

I have Rozier taking Smarts spot, and that isn't a bad deal at all. Rozier is legit.

Brown/Green take Crowders minutes.

Any possible way you can get a top 3 center in the league, you do it. Bigs like this don't grow on trees.

Why don't you see a follow up move ? You have plenty of money, picks, & talented youth still. It's wide open.
We have assets to trade. However other than Cousins, I don't see much chance of anyone who would make us a threat to the Cavs coming available in free agency or trade.   

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2016, 11:07:24 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I posted this earlier in the thread and got no response, so I thought I might try again to see what people think of the trade as modified below.  I think it is fairly reasonable for all 3 teams.

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

Pierce doesn't have to be included for the money to still work, but I'd love for his last year to be here where he could provide some solid guidance and leadership to Brown (and lesser to Crowder).  Plus LA's roster construction makes more sense with another player being traded.

So Boston post-trade

SG - Bradley, Green
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

Not sure that team beats the Cavs, but it sure seems like the clear #2 team in the East and would certainly pose some issues for Cleveland given the defensive firepower.
It is a reasonable trade.  However I wouldn't do it because it wouldn't make us a threat to the Cavs and I don't see what follow-on move would do so.   I'd wait for Cousins to become available.  Add Cousins to that lineup instead of Jordan and we'd be a serious threat to the Cavs.

It's a great trade for the Celtics. You get an All Star at Center, & give up two strong defensive guards.

I have Rozier taking Smarts spot, and that isn't a bad deal at all. Rozier is legit.

Any possible way you can get a top 3 center in the league, you do it. Bigs like this don't grow on trees.

Why don't you see a follow up move ? You have plenty of money, picks, & talented youth still. It's wide open.
We have assets to trade. However other than Cousins, I don't see much chance of anyone who would make us a threat to the Cavs coming available in free agency or trade.
Blake griffin would

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2016, 11:38:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

So Boston post-trade

SG - Bradley, Green
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

Blake griffin would
I think Cousins would be better for us but Griffin might do it.  Just not sure I see much chance of Griffin coming to us in free agency.   

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:08 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
LMA0!!!!!!!!!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2016, 02:02:05 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

So Boston post-trade

SG - Bradley, Green
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

We can afford to trade our youth for a top rate center in Jordan.

There is a reason we've been looking for a rim protector inside. They are hard to come by.

Jordan is one of, if not the best rebounder/shot blocker in this game.

Go get him. An all star tandem of Horford & Jordan at the 4 & 5 ? Yes, please.

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2016, 07:47:48 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

So Boston post-trade

SG - Bradley, Green
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

We can afford to trade our youth for a top rate center in Jordan.

There is a reason we've been looking for a rim protector inside. They are hard to come by.

Jordan is one of, if not the best rebounder/shot blocker in this game.

Go get him. An all star tandem of Horford & Jordan at the 4 & 5 ? Yes, please.
Jordan brings little on offense except really poor free throw shooting.   A dominant all-around center like Cousins is much harder to find that a defensive oriented shot blocker.  Horford & Cousins is the all star tandem that we need.