Author Topic: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal  (Read 11433 times)

Re: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 12:36:53 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I wouldn't want to trade Smart for Noel straight up, and I certainly wouldnt trade Jae, Smart, Amir and a 1st for Jordan.

Plus, what Boston first is that? We can't trade our first rounder this year because we don't have the nets pick, we just have the option of swapping picks with them...

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'd be ok trading Smart and our future first for DeAndre, but Crowder too? That's too much. We will eventually have to move one of our guards, so if Ainge decides it's Smart I trust him, but losing Crowder leaves us with a big hole at SF and Brown can't be expected to fill that in his rookie year. We need a SF who can defend at Crowders level and also hit the three.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
To Boston:
Deandre Jordan

To Clippers:
Nerlens Noel
Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Bos 1st

To Philly:
Marcus Smart
Clips 2nd

Source:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3552268/nba-trade-rumors-jordan-celtics-smart-sixers-noel-clippers/

This is a massive overpay for a center that doesn't fit perfectly on Brad Steven's system. There is no way Danny should pull the trigger or Celtic fans will hunt his head. I don't mind Deandre but not at that price. He's not a good FT shooter, let alone a floor spacer nor he is a leader like Smart or Crowder on the court. And we will lose other major pieces that we have who made this team successful.
very massive overpay.  wouldn't touch this one at all

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
To Boston:
Deandre Jordan

For
Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Bos 1st
Marcus Smart

Seems like its about even, actually, so long as thats the BOS 1st and not the BRK 1st.
Still don't think I'd do that. I'm a huge fan of both Crowder and Smart and I don't see how Deandre fits next to Horford.
even?  on what planet?  that's a horrid overpay

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This links back to a non-credible site that gives no indication where the rumor came from. Move on. Nothing to see here.
I had hoped this thread would end right there.

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
To believe this deal you would have to believe DeAndre J is some sort of massive upgrade over Amir. I definitely do not.

To me the only thing this accomplishes is making room for our 2nd rounders this year and the stashes next

If you do not believe that DeAndre Jordan is a massive upgrade over Amir, that's your right. You can also believe that Larry Bird and Jonas Jerebko are equivalent. That's your right. But there's a reason that Jordan was on the Olympic team and Amir wasn't even an afterthought about making it.
the difference between Bird and Jerebko is far greater than DJ and Amir.  DJ's a better player but not worth Crowder, Smart and a first rounder better.

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Philly says no

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
To Boston:
Deandre Jordan

To Clippers:
Nerlens Noel
Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Bos 1st

To Philly:
Marcus Smart
Clips 2nd

Source:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3552268/nba-trade-rumors-jordan-celtics-smart-sixers-noel-clippers/

This is a massive overpay for a center that doesn't fit perfectly on Brad Steven's system. There is no way Danny should pull the trigger or Celtic fans will hunt his head. I don't mind Deandre but not at that price. He's not a good FT shooter, let alone a floor spacer nor he is a leader like Smart or Crowder on the court. And we will lose other major pieces that we have who made this team successful.

Isn't this another bogus site?

Excuse me while I
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 02:36:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hahahahaha

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
To believe this deal you would have to believe DeAndre J is some sort of massive upgrade over Amir. I definitely do not.

To me the only thing this accomplishes is making room for our 2nd rounders this year and the stashes next

If you do not believe that DeAndre Jordan is a massive upgrade over Amir, that's your right. You can also believe that Larry Bird and Jonas Jerebko are equivalent. That's your right. But there's a reason that Jordan was on the Olympic team and Amir wasn't even an afterthought about making it.

Regardless of how much marginally better DeAndre is over Amir, the deal killer for me is Jae Crowder, on his absurdly team-friendly contract.

The price of Noel in this deal is Marcus Smart and a late 2nd round pick.

Is 2 years of DeAndre Jordan at 21-22M worth 1 year & RFA rights on Noel PLUS several years of cheap control of Jae Crowder plus a season of Amir plus a Boston 1st?

Jordan is obviously the player one hopes Noel becomes.  And Jordan is already that guy.   So you pay a premium for getting that guy now, for a playoff run now.   But that's a hell of a premium  based on the stated values of this proposed transaction.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
We wouldn't just upgrade our C spot with this, because Horford at the 4 >>> Horford at the 5.  Maybe if the 6ers threw in Covington?  Having a huge hole at the 3 is less than ideal, plus Crowder is 10x the leader DeAndre is.  DeAndre is being seriously underrated in this thread though, especially with the hack a Shaq rule change

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 03:10:24 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I wouldn't want to trade Smart for Noel straight up, and I certainly wouldnt trade Jae, Smart, Amir and a 1st for Jordan.

Plus, what Boston first is that? We can't trade our first rounder this year because we don't have the nets pick, we just have the option of swapping picks with them...
Yes we can trade our 1st rounder this year.  The trade swap just means whoever has our 1st rounder will have the option of swapping it for the Nets 1st rounder.   

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yet another "rumor" site that has no actual substance, and worse, I clicked on it. I'd give the OP a thumbs down if I could. Negative Tommy Point.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
This links back to a non-credible site that gives no indication where the rumor came from. Move on. Nothing to see here.
I had hoped this thread would end right there.
This. I don't even think the C's would do Crowder for Jordan, straight-up.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 03:19:57 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Yes we can trade our 1st rounder this year.  The trade swap just means whoever has our 1st rounder will have the option of swapping it for the Nets 1st rounder.

I understand that...I guess I assumed no one would be foolish enough to give up our greatest asset, smart and crowder for Jordan.

That makes this trade seem evend more terrible.

Yikes.