Author Topic: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal  (Read 11481 times)

Re: RUMOR: Celtics, Sixers and Clippers in a three-way deal
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If Smart and a second is all it takes to get Noel, why wouldn't Ainge just do that?

Mike

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
To believe this deal you would have to believe DeAndre J is some sort of massive upgrade over Amir. I definitely do not.

To me the only thing this accomplishes is making room for our 2nd rounders this year and the stashes next

If you do not believe that DeAndre Jordan is a massive upgrade over Amir, that's your right. You can also believe that Larry Bird and Jonas Jerebko are equivalent. That's your right. But there's a reason that Jordan was on the Olympic team and Amir wasn't even an afterthought about making it.

Jordan is not so much better than Amir that you would have to trade Smart, Crowder, Johnson, and a first. I'd say he's probably worth Crowder and Amir. Maybe Smart and Amir.

I would hate to see Marcus Smart develop into a good starting guard in Philly. He has a winning attitude and plays very good defense for a young guy. He also hasn't shown enough to warrant a massive overpay, so he fits within Danny's budget. As a poster stated, I'd rather overpay for a SF like Paul George or even Gordon Heyward (though I'm a little reticent to give Gordo $25m).

At 28, Deandre Jordan has already hit his prime, so we would want to make a championship push in the 2-3 years before he becomes a really expensive center with limited offense and deteriorating athleticism. Locking up two big men at such high salaries limits our flexibility going forward.

I'd put Deandre in the Al Horford category- very good player, but not great.

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 08:44:58 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
If Smart and a second is all it takes to get Noel, why wouldn't Ainge just do that?

Mike

I think this is a fair trade. Philly needs a guard and we could use a rim protector.

I personally think Marcus is going to be a unique player in this league and don't want to give up on him yet. Needs aside, I am higher on Smart's potential as a perimeter defender in a league gone small.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 08:52:10 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Why would Cs go after DeAndre ?

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:46 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
No thanks, this trade would also eliminate about 11 million in cap space for next off season removing completely the possibility of signing a max free agent.  If it was Bradley going to Phil. it might be worth considering but probably not even then.

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
um what? looks like we are sending more out than we are taking in, we are basically gutting the farm for Jordan? That doesn't make sense!

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Please don't bother citing the "Inquisitr" as a source. If you check the site out for a few days,  you will see it just combines some aggregated news with lots of made up stories whose only purpose is to make you curious so you click on them. If you monitor their sports section you will see a few made up rumors every day.

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Including Crowder doesn't make sense, rest of the trade actually seems fairly reasonable depending on what the 1st is.  I mean if it is Boston's 2018, I'd probably be ok with that (but certainly not the 2017 pick i.e. the Brooklyn pick).

So to re-do the trade I think this is fairly reasonable

Boston - Jordan, Pierce
LA - Noel, Johnson, Jerekbo, Bos 2018 1st (lotto protected)
PHI - Smart, LA 2017 2nd 

Pierce doesn't have to be included for the money to still work, but I'd love for his last year to be here where he could provide some solid guidance and leadership to Brown (and lesser to Crowder).  Plus LA's roster construction makes more sense with another player being traded.

So Boston post-trade

PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Green
SF - Crowder, Brown, Pierce
PF - Horford, Olynyk
C - Jordan, Zeller

DLeague - Mickey, Hunter, Bentil/Young

Not sure that team beats the Cavs, but it sure seems like the clear #2 team in the East and would certainly pose some issues for Cleveland given the defensive firepower. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 09:40:16 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This makes me chuckle.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
To Boston:
Deandre Jordan

To Clippers:
Nerlens Noel
Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Bos 1st

To Philly:
Marcus Smart
Clips 2nd

Source:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3552268/nba-trade-rumors-jordan-celtics-smart-sixers-noel-clippers/

This is a massive overpay for a center that doesn't fit perfectly on Brad Steven's system. There is no way Danny should pull the trigger or Celtic fans will hunt his head. I don't mind Deandre but not at that price. He's not a good FT shooter, let alone a floor spacer nor he is a leader like Smart or Crowder on the court. And we will lose other major pieces that we have who made this team successful.

Avoid any info from these sites... they are all BS with absolutely no sources

Inquisitr
Sportsrageous
YIBADA
Headlines and Global News
Parent Herlad

If you accidentally read one of these rumored articles hit yourself in the head with a frying pan to induce temporary amnesia..

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Fake rumor for clicks, nothing to see here.

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Clippers don't have the roster spots for that to work. It looks like a rumour for rumours sake.

This also falls under the category of would not do for the sixers. It's been established that Smart is not on their radar. He is also one of the last players we would give away

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
So Smart, Crowder, and a projected #1 pick for center that is one dimensional? Brad wants skilled bigs and Deandre is not one of those kind of guys.

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 11:46:08 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Fake rumor for clicks, nothing to see here.

Yeah this is the kind of article where if you traced it back to the original "source" (if there was one), you'd find like a RealGM post of someone's dumb trade idea.  But if someone shares it, it's a rumor now!

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This links back to a non-credible site that gives no indication where the rumor came from. Move on. Nothing to see here.