Author Topic: Awesome Article On Brown and Crowder's relationship  (Read 3766 times)

Awesome Article On Brown and Crowder's relationship
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:42:52 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Great news Crowder and Brown are getting along great. "He's everything that I wanted to be that age"

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4724120/jae-crowder-on-rookie-jaylen-brown-hes-everything-that-i-wanted-to-be-at-that-age

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:15:39 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Awesome Article On Brown and Crowder's relationship
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:51:15 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
This is GREAT.

Jaylen is on the right path with Jae Crowder...he also mentioned Butler as his mentors.

It's been mentioned before on here and I'd have to agree - Jae Crowder is our modern day KG.

With these two he won't go wrong.

This team is going to do some great things...loving the vibe.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:06:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
This guy is so mature it's ridiculous. He's got his head screwed on straight.

As for Crowder, he just always comes across as a caring, hard working guy, the perfect dad. I think we're incredibly lucky to have role models like him on the team.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 03:10:47 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
This guy is so mature it's ridiculous. He's got his head screwed on straight.

As for Crowder, he just always comes across as a caring, hard working guy, the perfect dad. I think we're incredibly lucky to have role models like him on the team.

Tp's to everyone. This is the all positivity thread.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:44:04 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Oh man, can't wait to see them play. I'm optimistic that we have a future star in jaylen! Hopefully he and ingram bring the rivalry back to life ;D
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 04:55:21 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Great article! I have high hopes for brown. I like our core players as it stands: IT, AB, Crowder, Smart, Horford, Brown, Rozier, future BKN pick :P
- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:02:47 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Crowder is a guy i don't want to see traded.  Very important core guy.  Down the road if / when brown becomes the starter I want jae resigned to come off bench. 

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
TP Great article and very pleasing to see Brown's maturity isn't just for camera. When you've got Butler and Crowder showing you made respect you ain't no clown. You are serious about getting better.

funny part of the article interview at the end...

Any rookie chores here in Boston yet?

Brown: Nothing too crazy, man. Simple stuff. And I don’t mind paying my dues. It’s like getting some towels for everybody in the locker room. Or Isaiah will tell me to get him some -- he’ll wait until I sit down -- then he’ll tell me to get him a Gatorade. I can do that; humbling yourself is not a problem.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
so....all that wailing, gnashing of teeth, and collective rending of garments by cb posters earlier about how jaylen was seen as lazy by crowder....that was much to do about nothing?

cb, where a rush to judgement reigns supreme.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 10:51:03 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I think on this team, you have to buy in to Crowder as an emotional leader. We have at least two or three of those guys on the team, but Crowder commands the most respect from what I see of the C's, he literally put himself out there during that Cavs series 2 years ago, and that really stuck with these guys.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
TP Great article and very pleasing to see Brown's maturity isn't just for camera. When you've got Butler and Crowder showing you made respect you ain't no clown. You are serious about getting better.

Brown: Nothing too crazy, man. Simple stuff. And I don’t mind paying my dues. It’s like getting some towels for everybody in the locker room. Or Isaiah will tell me to get him some -- he’ll wait until I sit down -- then he’ll tell me to get him a Gatorade. I can do that; humbling yourself is not a problem.

[dang]

I think i'm in love with brown  ;D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

[dang]

I think i'm in love with brown  ;D

guy is so mature for his age and definitely will be a fan favorite.

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Tp for that Chambers.

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's good these two are getting along.  Jaylen can learn a lot by playing against Jae every day.   If Brown was going to a team like the Kings or something, I think his potential would be dramatically lower than it is playing on this Celtic team.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Read the whole thing.  Thanks for sharing.  I wish I were as grounded as he sounds when I was 25, much less 19.