Author Topic: Harry Giles Thread (Merged)  (Read 41288 times)

Re: Harry Giles is our guy
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well if the pick is Harry Giles, our rebounding issues are definitely solved judging by the scouting reports.  He has legit length with that 7'3 reach to protect the rim and rebound.  16.0 rebound per 40?  yeah that would help a lot.

A lot would come down to the doctor's report on his medicals.  If he's healthy he could be just what we need at the 5.  If he's not healthy, he could be the next Greg Oden.....

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Giles played last night, albeit a few minutes. Time to start tracking Duke and their loaded roster.

Also, the more I see Kennard the more I hope we can land him late 1st/early 2nd. He would make a great scorer/shooter off the bench.

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I don't want a guy with 2 or 3 knee surgeries. We would roast Ainge for drafting a guy that is injury prone.

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
First let me say that I need to see how he bounces back before I make a true decision but based on the games that I have went back to watch. Have had to really think about what games he actually played in, I find it hard to pass on this kid if he is at 3 or 4. There is just too much to work with with this kid. A forward tandem of Giles and Brown could be really good on both ends of the floor.

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Harry is starting to shake the rust off.  Started last night against Georgia Tech.  17 minutes, 10 points, 12 rebounds (7 O, 5 D).  Playing 5 on 5 is slowly coming back to him.  Defense coming back slower than offense.  Playing with brace on left knee (soph yr surgery & scope this fall on that knee)

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Harry is starting to shake the rust off.  Started last night against Georgia Tech.  17 minutes, 10 points, 12 rebounds (7 O, 5 D).  Playing 5 on 5 is slowly coming back to him.  Defense coming back slower than offense.  Playing with brace on left knee (soph yr surgery & scope this fall on that knee)
I'd love it if he plays like the #1 player in the class and passed his medical tests. He would fit well with the roster we currently have, if we selected a pg or a sf I think we would have to make roster changes.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looking good

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Frequently and liberal application of WD 40 to his knees ought to do the trick.  Let's do it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm really rooting for Giles.. only because while Fultz and Ball are obviously top in this class currently... I just don't want this team to continue drafting guards lol.

Yeah, Yeah, "you idiot, you're supposed to draft by BPA.. not position by need".

But I like this guard lineup of IT/Bradley/Smart, and Giles, IF healthy (big IF), would fill a huge need for us. He also had a good game yesterday in 17 minutes of action (easing in).

We'll see what happens. I'm not against Fultz or Ball at all, but adding Giles would make it so much easier on this team. Otherwise, you have tough decisions to make at the guard position and such..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2017, 12:32:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd like Giles to be considered no better than the 5th best prospect.  That way when the lottery inevitably doesn't go our way we can still pick the player who could be the best fit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:38:10 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
I having a really hard time passing on this guy assuming his knees check out. His offense is raw even when healthy but this kid checks off so many boxes for me. Lateral quickness, rebounding, offensive rebounding, ability to run the floor, rebound in traffic, weakside shot blocker, PnR D, above average offensive game.

I know he is a risk but its very hard for me to not take this guy based upon what he did after his other rehab.

I would love to be in Philly's spot right now because I think there is an off chance Giles could fall to around where the Lakers are projected to pick.

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Im not sure what you consider as going our way. I consider it top 4. In my perfect world the Cs end up at 1 and Philly gets 3 and 7 and desperately wants Fultz. Would really put this team in a great position.

I'd like Giles to be considered no better than the 5th best prospect.  That way when the lottery inevitably doesn't go our way we can still pick the player who could be the best fit.

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Im not sure what you consider as going our way. I consider it top 4. In my perfect world the Cs end up at 1 and Philly gets 3 and 7 and desperately wants Fultz. Would really put this team in a great position.

dude that would be awesome, I'm holding out hope on that #1 pick though. I think Philly will still have to add something to that trade if it is #1.

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2017, 01:25:27 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Im not sure they would. Its not like 1 is considered to be Davis or Town or a player like that. My premise is that if I could get Tatum and Giles you can trade away all the rest of those picks even the 18 for something.

dude that would be awesome, I'm holding out hope on that #1 pick though. I think Philly will still have to add something to that trade if it is #1.

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Im not sure they would. Its not like 1 is considered to be Davis or Town or a player like that. My premise is that if I could get Tatum and Giles you can trade away all the rest of those picks even the 18 for something.

That can be a better haul than just Fultz. then we can add another big in the 2018 draft. A future core lineup of Smart/Brown/Tatum/Giles/Ayton!?... it's gonna get spooky here in Beantown.