Author Topic: Harry Giles Thread (Merged)  (Read 41335 times)

Re: Harry Giles is our guy
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I've changed my mind (conditionally).  If Harry agrees to adhere strictly to Lebron's PED-protocol, I will welcome him with open arms.  That should negate any possibility of ACL tears, rolled ankles, the common cold, etc.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Harry Giles Dropping Like a Stone on DraftExpress
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
They have him going 18th in latest mock draft.

His recent poor performances since coming back have no doubt concerned scouts.

As of now, it seems unlikely we will be using our Nets pick to draft him.

I still like the guy's athleticism, and would hope we would figure out a way to take him with another pick, maybe the 2 for 1 trade of first round picks with the 76ers. 

Re: Harry Giles Dropping Like a Stone on DraftExpress
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm curious where he stands after he gets several games in. May not be top of the charts, but I don't think he's Skal, either.

Mike

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm curious where he stands after he gets several games in. May not be top of the charts, but I don't think he's Skal, either.

Mike

If the draft was held today, giles would be drafted at the tail end of the lotto to late teens

But imo he is still rusty and not fully recovered from his surgery.  I would give it until the last 5 games of the season

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
They have him going 18th in latest mock draft.

His recent poor performances since coming back have no doubt concerned scouts.

As of now, it seems unlikely we will be using our Nets pick to draft him.

I still like the guy's athleticism, and would hope we would figure out a way to take him with another pick, maybe the 2 for 1 trade of first round picks with the 76ers.

I would be very surprised to see Ainge trade down in the draft.  If Ainge is intrigued enough with Giles, I could see him trying to move up to get him (the Minny 2nd and Yab, for example).  But my feeling is Brad doesn't want more than 2-3 rookies to develop per year (which seems pretty reasonable to me, especially considering he'll also have a handful of second and third year players as well), and with at least one of Yab and Zizic coming over next season, and probably both, acquiring a second first round pick in addition to the aforementioned rookies does not seem likely.

Especially if Yab and Zizic do both come over, that'd be three rookie bigs including Giles.  That either necessitates someone being glued to the bench or a lot of rookie mistakes on the defensive inferior.

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2017, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
nbadraft.net has him at 12 to the knicks.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I called him this years Skal Labissieri about a month ago and got lectured about how wrong I was. I still stabd by that statement. Giles will go mid to late mid first round

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I was thinking this yesterday...

Let's say Philly improbably rallied into the playoffs (they are 6-1 in Embiid's last 7 games and are 13-26 - the same record Boston had two years ago before they went on a run)...

Then, let's assume the Kings stay in the bottom 10.   

Philly has swap-rights with the Kings so they'd get that pick.   How funny would it be if Harry Giles is clearly the best player available with their pick?  Another big man.

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Let's say Philly improbably rallied into the playoffs (they are 6-1 in Embiid's last 7 games and are 13-26 - the same record Boston had two years ago before they went on a run)...

Philly has swap-rights with the Kings so they'd get that pick.   How funny would it be if Harry Giles is clearly the best player available with their pick?  Another big man.

Aren't you supposed to be a Celtics fan? If anything, your thoughts should be on how we can trade future picks to take a flyer on Giles. So why are you even thinking about Philly? Why even bring them up in this topic? Let's try to have at least a few threads without Sixers talk on here. If you're not comfortable with that why don't you just post your many Sixers thoughts on an actual Sixers forum?

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Aren't you supposed to be a Celtics fan? If anything, your thoughts should be on how we can trade future picks to take a flyer on Giles. So why are you even thinking about Philly? Why even bring them up in this topic? Let's try to have at least a few threads without Sixers talk on here. If you're not comfortable with that why don't you just post your many Sixers thoughts on an actual Sixers forum?
The Sixers are one of the most interesting stories in the NBA. People like to talk about interesting things. Besides its not cool to act like a boss and tell people what they can or can't talk about on a forum.

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

The Sixers are one of the most interesting stories in the NBA. People like to talk about interesting things. Besides its not cool to act like a boss and tell people what they can or can't talk about on a forum.
But we should be able to talk about Harry Giles and not have it turn into another Sixers thread. 

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2017, 01:44:23 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I called him this years Skal Labissieri about a month ago and got lectured about how wrong I was. I still stabd by that statement. Giles will go mid to late mid first round

Hopefully long gone before the 24th pick. Wouldn't want this guy to be the steal of the draft now..

It seems the NBA already has guys that can do what Giles does, I think the pundits were expecting the development of an outside shot or some type of range but it seems he's just the same bruiser he was in the u19s and the days of the Thomas Robinsons being top 5 picks are over.

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

But we should be able to talk about Harry Giles and not have it turn into another Sixers thread.

Ding ding ding!!!

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

No one is stopping you and no one responded to Larbrd until someone felt the need to boss him and lecture him. It's just getting kind of over played. The personal attacks on Larbrd.

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My post was very relevant because there's a scenario where the best player available to Philly would be Giles and they'd basically have to trade him, right?... perhaps to a team like Boston.